collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon Go -- who wants to be friends?  (Read 122009 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Go -- who wants to be friends?
« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2019, 10:20:09 AM »
Caught a shiny Houndour.  He's blue instead of black.
That's awesome! Houndour is a favorite of mine. How did you find it, out of curiosity?

He just showed up.  I don't think I did anything special to find him.  But I decided to evolve him into Houndoom.  :)

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+202)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #136 on: September 14, 2019, 02:57:18 PM »
Caught a shiny Houndour.  He's blue instead of black.
That's awesome! Houndour is a favorite of mine. How did you find it, out of curiosity?

He just showed up.  I don't think I did anything special to find him.  But I decided to evolve him into Houndoom.  :)

Aah, nice! :D That's a really neat shiny!

-
So during the water event I managed to get a shiny. A charmander xD I have actually never encountered a shiny pokémon within the event it is promoted in :\ Really frustrating.

Anyone having luck with the regional eggs? I finally got Tauros and Farfetch'd, so my Gen 1 dex is COMPLETE  :frolic:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2019, 09:23:01 AM »
Caught a shiny Turtwig yesterday during the Community event and managed to catch enough Turtwigs (and use enough pinap berries) to evolve a Torterra to get the special attack.  :)

Just out of curiosity, how does everyone decide which pokemon to keep and which to send to the professor?  Is it based on attack power, how many stars it gets when your leader evaluates it or something else?

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2019, 07:55:32 PM »
Anyone having luck with the regional eggs? I finally got Tauros and Farfetch'd, so my Gen 1 dex is COMPLETE  :frolic:
Awesome! I actually didn't know they were doing regional eggs  ^^; I'm out of the loop these days.

Just out of curiosity, how does everyone decide which pokemon to keep and which to send to the professor?  Is it based on attack power, how many stars it gets when your leader evaluates it or something else?
Typically people keep the Pokemon with most stars when the team leader evaluates it. Even Pokemon with the same number of stars can have slightly different defense, HP, and attack, though. I'm not an expert and don't battle all that much (especially not player vs. player), but I think in general if you're looking at a good defensive Pokemon -- say, Snorlax -- you'll want to keep the Snorlax with the highest HP stat, given that all else is equal. If you're looking at a great damage-per-second attack Pokemon, like Gengar, you'd want high attack stats. Does anyone else want to chime in with some advice?

Obviously, also you'll want to keep hard-to-find Pokemon (if you want a living dex or if you'll need to walk it to get candy to evolve it into another form).

Personally I also just keep the Pokemon I find cutest or the ones that have sentimental value for me (like my starter Charmander). I hope this helps a little :)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2019, 10:11:35 AM »
My Pokemon Go game is starting to show the Pokemon in the snow because the weather here is colder.  I don't like the snow and I don't want it to be here already!  :cry:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 25, 2019, 08:11:06 AM »
I just caught a shiny Eevee with a flower!  Not sure if I want to keep it Eevee or evolve it...

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+202)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #141 on: October 26, 2019, 02:25:16 AM »
I just caught a shiny Eevee with a flower!  Not sure if I want to keep it Eevee or evolve it...

Nice! Congrats :D I'd personally keep the flower one as Eevee <3 But that's up to you of course ;)

I just caught Shiny Houndour (Cutie with his CP16) :P

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 30, 2019, 07:23:18 PM »
Pokeyonekenobie, my sister plays Pokemon Go and just sent you a friend request! Her username will be Shiorihitohana.

Wow, that's so cool, and rare! Personally I'd keep it an Eevee because it's such a cute shiny.

I caught a Litwick the other day, which isn't really rare, but I think it's cute ^.^ On a side note, my Pokemon box is getting super full now and I don't necessarily want to buy more storage. ^^;

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 18, 2019, 07:18:17 AM »
I didn't catch a shiny Chimchar this weekend, but I got a 4-star one that I was able to evolve into Infernape.  :)

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 19, 2019, 06:51:58 AM »
Don't think I've shared my code with anyone here yet! Username is Chewtle, feel free to add me :)

Spoiler
4940 2121 0521
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 22, 2019, 02:15:27 PM »
Anyone else just get an update that says the Pokemon storage has been expanded to 3000?

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 10, 2019, 04:48:18 AM »
I just sent you a request Sora! :)

Anyone else just get an update that says the Pokemon storage has been expanded to 3000?
I remember seeing this message a couple of weeks ago. I believe it only referred to the possible capacity - you'll still need to buy extra 50+ storages individually, but earlier there was an overall limit. Only guessing though, as I never even reached 4 digit in storage :D

How is everyone doing with the game recently? I have to admit that I've recently become a little bored with it (and the friend event was disappointing to me - this is exactly the occasion during which I was wishing to have the possibility to do remote trading...), but I like the current Evolution Event, as a lot of Pokémon that are normally rare around here are popping up more often. I'm the happiest about Burmy, Gligar and Ralts appearing more often, as I haven't yet had enough candy to evolve any of these. I also managed to catch a Magmar (there were 2, sadly I didn't have the chance to get the other one), who I also haven't yet managed to evolve. Now I have enough candy to evolve 2 Burmies, and I don't need a lot more to evolve the rest either. I'm hoping to encounter some more of these Pokémon, but if not, at least I am close enough to be able to use rare candies or walk a few kilometres to make up for the difference.

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 10, 2019, 07:14:10 AM »
I remember seeing this message a couple of weeks ago. I believe it only referred to the possible capacity - you'll still need to buy extra 50+ storages individually, but earlier there was an overall limit. Only guessing though, as I never even reached 4 digit in storage :D

That's what I thought, too.  That seems like it would take an awful lot of upgrades since I think it only adds 50 at a time.  But maybe if you started playing at the start (instead of 4 months ago like me) you have a lot more Pokemon you really want to keep.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 17, 2019, 12:55:17 PM »
Added those who sent friend requests!

The only thing that's boring me in the game is the catching mechanics. Just recently, nearly every Pokemon that I've tried to catch has escaped 5+ balls of any kind, even if I get a good shot. Then half of them run away....

There are still very few PokeStops in my area, making it a nuisance to keep losing the balls in the first place.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 18, 2019, 07:15:31 AM »
Added those who sent friend requests!

The only thing that's boring me in the game is the catching mechanics. Just recently, nearly every Pokemon that I've tried to catch has escaped 5+ balls of any kind, even if I get a good shot. Then half of them run away....

There are still very few PokeStops in my area, making it a nuisance to keep losing the balls in the first place.

I live in an area where no Pokestops or Gyms are even visible when I play--not even way off in the distance.  The only thing that saves me is that I work in a library a few towns over and it is a Pokestop.  Otherwise I don't think I'd bother because there's just nothing out where I live.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal