collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon Go -- who wants to be friends?  (Read 23161 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
Re: Pokemon Go -- who wants to be friends?
« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2019, 05:20:09 PM »
Caught a shiny Houndour.  He's blue instead of black.
That's awesome! Houndour is a favorite of mine. How did you find it, out of curiosity?

He just showed up.  I don't think I did anything special to find him.  But I decided to evolve him into Houndoom.  :)

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • My personal site
« Reply #136 on: September 14, 2019, 09:57:18 PM »
Caught a shiny Houndour.  He's blue instead of black.
That's awesome! Houndour is a favorite of mine. How did you find it, out of curiosity?

He just showed up.  I don't think I did anything special to find him.  But I decided to evolve him into Houndoom.  :)

Aah, nice! :D That's a really neat shiny!

-
So during the water event I managed to get a shiny. A charmander xD I have actually never encountered a shiny pokémon within the event it is promoted in :\ Really frustrating.

Anyone having luck with the regional eggs? I finally got Tauros and Farfetch'd, so my Gen 1 dex is COMPLETE  :frolic:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

G2 Backcards wanted! |||| Looking for 35th Anniversary Minty!
|||Deviantart|||Website||| Commissions|||Sales|||Wantlist|||G2 Website|||RedBubble|||

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Dabbles Pony
« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2019, 04:23:01 PM »
Caught a shiny Turtwig yesterday during the Community event and managed to catch enough Turtwigs (and use enough pinap berries) to evolve a Torterra to get the special attack.  :)

Just out of curiosity, how does everyone decide which pokemon to keep and which to send to the professor?  Is it based on attack power, how many stars it gets when your leader evaluates it or something else?

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
« Reply #138 on: September 23, 2019, 02:55:32 AM »
Anyone having luck with the regional eggs? I finally got Tauros and Farfetch'd, so my Gen 1 dex is COMPLETE  :frolic:
Awesome! I actually didn't know they were doing regional eggs  ^^; I'm out of the loop these days.

Just out of curiosity, how does everyone decide which pokemon to keep and which to send to the professor?  Is it based on attack power, how many stars it gets when your leader evaluates it or something else?
Typically people keep the Pokemon with most stars when the team leader evaluates it. Even Pokemon with the same number of stars can have slightly different defense, HP, and attack, though. I'm not an expert and don't battle all that much (especially not player vs. player), but I think in general if you're looking at a good defensive Pokemon -- say, Snorlax -- you'll want to keep the Snorlax with the highest HP stat, given that all else is equal. If you're looking at a great damage-per-second attack Pokemon, like Gengar, you'd want high attack stats. Does anyone else want to chime in with some advice?

Obviously, also you'll want to keep hard-to-find Pokemon (if you want a living dex or if you'll need to walk it to get candy to evolve it into another form).

Personally I also just keep the Pokemon I find cutest or the ones that have sentimental value for me (like my starter Charmander). I hope this helps a little :)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Dabbles Pony
« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2019, 05:11:35 PM »
My Pokemon Go game is starting to show the Pokemon in the snow because the weather here is colder.  I don't like the snow and I don't want it to be here already!  :cry: