collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon Go -- who wants to be friends?  (Read 121955 times)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Go -- who wants to be friends?
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2019, 12:44:53 PM »
I completely and utterly missed the slakoth event. Was sad I missed the opportunity for a pink sloth. It's not a common pokemon around here.

Continuing the subject of shinies I got super lucky with the research tasks reward and got a shiny Latias!
Wow, congrats on your shiny Latias, that's super cool!

I got lucky with the event this time - I was totally unaware, I opened the app quickly only to check if there are any pokéstops around (we were in an apartment on a holiday abroad, and we had a little rest time before we departed to an event that afternoon), and in the 5 minutes I had the app open I caught 3 Slakoths, 2 of which were shiny! :shocked: (who came up with this colour choice though? Poor things look like they were shaved nekkid :P ) Slakoth is totally uncommon here as well (the single one I had so far was hatched), so I was super happy :)

As I understand it, there are 1 out of the 450, say, Growlithes you'll meet in the wild that are shiny -- pretty bad odds. But I tap on any Growlithe because hope springs eternal. There are a few species who are more likely to be shiny if they come from research tasks, raids, or are hatched from eggs (like some baby Pokemon). I think Community Day rates for the featured Pokemon are 1 in 25, and I've had good luck with that usually, but I'm sorry you haven't. Sometimes the odds just work out really bad even when shiny rates are increased.
Ah, I see. That really isn't a lot then... good luck with finding a shiny Growlithe! :) Are all Pokémon are available in shiny versions, or is this feature limited to certain species only? If they are, do you already have all the others, or is Growlithe just a special want?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 12:47:48 PM by Loona »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2019, 06:15:27 AM »
Well, there is a new quest thing that requests 1 more friend.

7242 0663 8742 

^ Anyone want help fulfill that quest?

Cummy. I guess there's another one coming up, so I would like to wait for that.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 07:36:18 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline AliceM16

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2019, 06:37:38 AM »
I’ve also got this quest! And I’d love to have some more Pokemon Go friends either way so I thought I’d post here.

My friend code is 3073 8591 5546  :biggrin:

I’ve sent you a request, banditpony!

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2019, 01:50:27 PM »
Wow, congrats on your shiny Latias, that's super cool!

I got lucky with the event this time - I was totally unaware, I opened the app quickly only to check if there are any pokéstops around (we were in an apartment on a holiday abroad, and we had a little rest time before we departed to an event that afternoon), and in the 5 minutes I had the app open I caught 3 Slakoths, 2 of which were shiny! :shocked: (who came up with this colour choice though? Poor things look like they were shaved nekkid :P ) Slakoth is totally uncommon here as well (the single one I had so far was hatched), so I was super happy :)
Yay, I'm so happy for you! Shiny Slakoth does look pretty funky. Somehow I think the pink color is so random though that it's cute, lol.

As I understand it, there are 1 out of the 450, say, Growlithes you'll meet in the wild that are shiny -- pretty bad odds. But I tap on any Growlithe because hope springs eternal. There are a few species who are more likely to be shiny if they come from research tasks, raids, or are hatched from eggs (like some baby Pokemon). I think Community Day rates for the featured Pokemon are 1 in 25, and I've had good luck with that usually, but I'm sorry you haven't. Sometimes the odds just work out really bad even when shiny rates are increased.
Ah, I see. That really isn't a lot then... good luck with finding a shiny Growlithe! :) Are all Pokémon are available in shiny versions, or is this feature limited to certain species only? If they are, do you already have all the others, or is Growlithe just a special want?
Thank you! I was actually really happy this week because someone in my area has a shiny Growlithe they will trade me for a legacy move Gengar! Yay yay yay :)

Only certain species are available in shiny form right now; the infographic below is out of date but pretty accurate. (I forget who's left out of this chart -- probably some shiny legendaries, baby Pokemon, Pikachus with hats, and definitely the current shiny Alolans that came out this past Friday). Growlithe is just a special want for me :) I have some other shinies, mostly from Community Days; the non-Community-day one I'm proudest of is shiny Houndour. If it wasn't obvious I love fire-types and cat/dog-like Pokemon, lol.

Post Merge: June 30, 2019, 01:55:47 PM

Well, there is a new quest thing that requests 1 more friend.

7242 0663 8742 

^ Anyone want help fulfill that quest?
I'm already friends with you or I totally would

I’ve also got this quest! And I’d love to have some more Pokemon Go friends either way so I thought I’d post here.

My friend code is 3073 8591 5546  :biggrin:

I’ve sent you a request, banditpony!
Adding you! :)

Also, a heads up about the Jumpstart research if you haven't heard:
Spoiler
keep the Dratini you get from the first steps and don't evolve it yet because you'll need it to complete the second steps; and, after step 4? or so there's a guaranteed shiny Eevee encounter. Try to complete this step during partly cloudy weather, when normal Pokemon like Eevee are weather-boosted
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 01:55:47 PM by Haruna »

Offline AliceM16

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2019, 07:23:58 AM »
Ooh thank you for the info about the Eevee (and the friend request)! I’m in love with shiny Mareep. So cute.

Congrats on your Growlithe!

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2019, 07:34:06 PM »
Ooh thank you for the info about the Eevee (and the friend request)! I’m in love with shiny Mareep. So cute.

You're welcome! My sister sent you a friend request; her user name is ShioriHitohana :)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2019, 09:15:13 PM »
My sister also requested you as a friend, Banditpony. Her username is ShioriHitohana

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2019, 05:24:05 AM »

Sorry for the late reaction, I added you too (aranyhaju here), we are already friends :)

That checklist is awesome Haruna, thank you for sharing! I've just Googled shinies, and there are a lot of similar lists going around, I don't know why I haven't thought of that these things exist XD I love love love shiny Omanyte and Dratini! Sadly the Dratini I got from the first step of the quest wasn't a shiny one. Thanks for the tip about keeping it! Now I'm wondering if it is absolutely necessary to evolve that Dratini for the quest to accept the evolution, or if it can be any Dratini - or Dragonair, for that matter. I have had two Dragonairs for a long time now, one was kept to be evolved further, and I would then wait with evolving one of those into a Dragonite until I'm at that step of the quest. Which I might not be able to complete anyway, because it involves trading and I literally don't know a single person who plays and is local. Another quest has also been parking in my quest list for months because of this same reason.

The checklist also reminded me how insanely few shinies I have... Squirtle, Magikarp, Hariyama (caught as a Makuhita), Ho-Oh, Poochyena, Aron, Swablu, Smoochum and Slakoth are the only ones I have in shiny form. I like Swablu the most, but Magikarp the goldfish is also very cute :)

I' m also happy to hear you are getting a shiny Growlithe - did the trade go through in the end?

Last week we spent a long weekend abroad, and holy boy, Novi Sad in Serbia is one big Slakoth nest! Remember how I said I felt lucky finding 3 Slakoths when we were abroad the last time, as my city just doesn't have them at all, and the single one I had before that was hatched? Here they were lying aroung everywhere! :O I wasn't playing a lot, but I still managed to catch enough to evolve one up until Slaking! :cool: I also found enough Skorupi to evolve one (this Pokémon is also totally uncommon here), so my weekend was totally successful Pokémon-wise. The only downside is that it's now slightly boring to be back home, there's hardly anything new coming up anymore here for me nowadays, so I'm starting to lose my interest...

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2019, 07:47:42 PM »
Now I'm wondering if it is absolutely necessary to evolve that Dratini for the quest to accept the evolution, or if it can be any Dratini - or Dragonair, for that matter. I have had two Dragonairs for a long time now, one was kept to be evolved further, and I would then wait with evolving one of those into a Dragonite until I'm at that step of the quest. Which I might not be able to complete anyway, because it involves trading and I literally don't know a single person who plays and is local. Another quest has also been parking in my quest list for months because of this same reason.
That's tough that you don't have anyone to trade with :/ Again I wish that we could trade at a distance. I've found some trading partners through Discord; maybe you could find some close by people that way?

About the Dratini evolution chioce -- this might be important later on, but I'm not sure if you want to know more about the research task ahead of time, so I've put it in a spoiler. (I only learned this the other day when I got to this step XD):
Spoiler
I'm pretty sure you can evolve any Dratini to meet the requirements of Step 2 :) What you'll want to do and what I didn't do is save that Dratini-turned-Dragonair for Step 6, because one of the tasks is "Evolve a Dragonair"! The other two tasks on that step -- "Make a new friend" (again!) and "Win a level 3 or higher raid" give you 60 Dratini candies each. I'm pretty sure you can choose to evolve your Dratini-turned-Dragonair or the one you already have and had planned to evolve.

The checklist also reminded me how insanely few shinies I have... Squirtle, Magikarp, Hariyama (caught as a Makuhita), Ho-Oh, Poochyena, Aron, Swablu, Smoochum and Slakoth are the only ones I have in shiny form. I like Swablu the most, but Magikarp the goldfish is also very cute :)

I' m also happy to hear you are getting a shiny Growlithe - did the trade go through in the end?
Swablu is really cute as a shiny! You have some cool ones :) In about two weeks I'll be Ultra Friends with the two people (a second person also offered me a shiny Growlithe and I'll turn it into an Arcanine!) I'm trading with. It's so long to wait, lol.

Last week we spent a long weekend abroad, and holy boy, Novi Sad in Serbia is one big Slakoth nest! Remember how I said I felt lucky finding 3 Slakoths when we were abroad the last time, as my city just doesn't have them at all, and the single one I had before that was hatched? Here they were lying aroung everywhere! :O I wasn't playing a lot, but I still managed to catch enough to evolve one up until Slaking! :cool: I also found enough Skorupi to evolve one (this Pokémon is also totally uncommon here), so my weekend was totally successful Pokémon-wise. The only downside is that it's now slightly boring to be back home, there's hardly anything new coming up anymore here for me nowadays, so I'm starting to lose my interest...
Wow, that's a lot of Slakoth! I rarely see them, or Skorupi. I think I've only caught three Skorupi so far ^^; I have a lot of grass and bug Pokemon in my biome, and also a lot of cloudy weather that attracts normal and rock types.

I think the happiest thing that happened for me lately was catching a Groudon. I met up with some other trainers (from Discord) for a Groudon raid and they actually waited for me when there was only one minute left on the raid timer (how nice!). They laughed as I literally ran up to join them. We beat the Groudon and I caught it! This was after the discouragement of battling Kyogres and having them run away. I think Groudon is cool-looking, like a dragon ^.^

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2019, 08:33:28 AM »
Spoiler
I'm pretty sure you can evolve any Dratini to meet the requirements of Step 2 :) What you'll want to do and what I didn't do is save that Dratini-turned-Dragonair for Step 6, because one of the tasks is "Evolve a Dragonair"! The other two tasks on that step -- "Make a new friend" (again!) and "Win a level 3 or higher raid" give you 60 Dratini candies each. I'm pretty sure you can choose to evolve your Dratini-turned-Dragonair or the one you already have and had planned to evolve.

(not annoyed at you).
I would of liked to of known that in advance, as I would of waited to add more friends. There's probably no more to add from here...

And that I'm fairly sure people would of gone ahead and did the second evolution if they had enough and didn't know. (-_- I think my husband falls in this bucket maybe).

I think that there should be trading with people who have a high enough friend level. You can battle i think, so i don't see why you can't trade.

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2019, 10:30:48 AM »
Just wanted to stop by and say thank you to whom ever is in Pennsylvania because I hatched a shiny Cleffa from and egg from you!
I know it’s random and the friends don’t actually influence egg results but I thought I’d share :D

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2019, 01:47:38 PM »
Just wanted to stop by and say thank you to whom ever is in Pennsylvania because I hatched a shiny Cleffa from and egg from you!
I know it’s random and the friends don’t actually influence egg results but I thought I’d share :D
This made me check where my Smoochum (whom I nicknamed Shimmerchum :P ) has come from, as she's my only hatched shiny - she's from Tifton, Georgia, so whoever is there, thanks for the egg! :lovey:

Thanks for the additional quest info Haruna - it doesn't annoy me at all either, in fact it is useful, and it is what kept me away from evolving a Dragonair straight ahead :) As for the trading part, I did a quick search the other day and Discord has come up on a lot of places, so maybe I'll have to look into that after all. The thing is, as antisocial as it may sound, I don't really feel I would like to get to know locals through the game, I'd just like to get that trade done and that's it. I feel like some swinger only looking for a one-night stand :blush: It would be nice to know some locals to team up for raids, but since I don't really play around randomly (it's mostly on my way to work and back, or if I need to go somewhere far by public transport), I wouldn't be of much use for the "we'll go and team up against that raid boss tomorrow evening"-type of occasions. Oh, and I'm not on Facebook, never was, not interested, which would also make communication difficult.

My recent happy moments are tied, I cannot decide which one I'm happier about: I managed to catch yet another shiny: on my seventh day of research I encountered a shiny Latias! :shocked: :cool: but I might actually be happier for the Kyogre I caught on my previous seventh day, as I in general like water Pokémon a lot. I won't say I would have minded if he turned out to be shiny too, but with Kyogre I much prefer the original colour scheme.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2019, 02:06:59 PM »
Loona, in a pinch maybe you could have a friend or family member download the game for the trade?

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2019, 01:10:11 PM »
Loona, in a pinch maybe you could have a friend or family member download the game for the trade?
I had this thought too, but I honestly cannot think of anyone... my husband hates it to the point that I just stopped playing if he's around, and my sister is totally not interested in games, never was. I could ask the husband's nephew who I know tried the game years ago, but I also know he hasn't been interested and quickly stopped, and we only meet when the family is together so the husband is there too.
Another thought I had was asking two colleagues who we used to play together with back in the beginning, long before the friend system was a thing, but I don't know if they still play, and one of them has moved away from our team a long time ago, and it would be a little awkward to ping him because of this :P
Oh well, some solution will come up eventually :)

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2019, 03:31:11 AM »
I've fallen behind on my research tasks. I know I'm already friends with most people on here. But if anyone isn't can you add me? My code is
4130 7832 2845

MoriLeStrange is my name over there as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal