collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any tips on getting started?  (Read 6593 times)

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Any tips on getting started?
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2018, 08:01:12 AM »
...Do different versions have different names? Or should I just call them... Posey I and Posey II? xD

I can't seem to find anything regarding that on my little wiki
Nah, if they have the same symbol they are both Posey.I don't know that much about variations but i'm sure someone here will be able to answer you about that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline JasonP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2018, 08:02:49 AM »
Alright, thank you very much ^^ I'll just call them Posey I and Posey II for now...

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2018, 08:04:44 AM »
...Do different versions have different names? Or should I just call them... Posey I and Posey II? xD

Posey does have a recognised symbol variation (magenta rather than pink) so in a way Posey I and Posey II would really work for them xD. Also you're in Austria, so there's good chances of ones made in Italy as well (which the UK and US and other English speaking countries generally didn't get for some reason..?)

There are minor variations in symbol colouring and symbols can fade (Posey is a key example of fading symbol in the paler version) but if in doubt, best to keep both ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2018, 08:07:42 AM »

Posey does have a recognised symbol variation (magenta rather than pink) so in a way Posey I and Posey II would really work for them xD. Also you're in Austria, so there's good chances of ones made in Italy as well (which the UK and US and other English speaking countries generally didn't get for some reason..?)

There are minor variations in symbol colouring and symbols can fade (Posey is a key example of fading symbol in the paler version) but if in doubt, best to keep both ;)
...How could i forget about the Italian version when i'm swimming in Italian ponies ?

Offline JasonP

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2018, 08:08:47 AM »
Ah yes, again the weirdness of different ponys in different countries... Its like with coke xD we get a sugar reduced version here that doesnt taste as good as the one in america o.o its totally unfair. And I'm not talking about the diet or zero one, I mean the regular one... so lame.

I guess I'll just keep all my doubles then ^^; i have the same thing with Lickety split, lemon drop and peachy o-o And also tootsie... though with that one I already checked and it says one is an italy and the other a hong kong pony.

Do you guys keep doubles?

Are you from italy, Jorgito? Cuz your name sounds somewhat... not english xD

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2018, 08:13:20 AM »
Ah yes, again the weirdness of different ponys in different countries... Its like with coke xD we get a sugar reduced version here that doesnt taste as good as the one in america o.o its totally unfair. And I'm not talking about the diet or zero one, I mean the regular one... so lame.

I guess I'll just keep all my doubles then ^^; i have the same thing with Lickety split, lemon drop and peachy o-o And also tootsie... though with that one I already checked and it says one is an italy and the other a hong kong pony.

Do you guys keep doubles?

Are you from italy, Jorgito? Cuz your name sounds somewhat... not english xD
I'm french, but my nickname is related to part of my family being spanish.
I usually don't keep my exact doubles (same pony from the same country that isn't a variation) but i keep ponies that are the same but from different countries. They can really be different and beautiful (like Italian Tootsie or Macau Butterscotch, some of my favorite g1 ponies in my collection).

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2018, 08:14:03 AM »

...How could i forget about the Italian version when i'm swimming in Italian ponies ?

So common you stopped noticing it? Like when you walk down the same street every day and don't notice the same bush because it's always there? XD

I would like to be swimming in Italian ponies. I have always had a soft spot for them and their goofy expressions.

@JasonP - some people keep doubles, even sometimes a lot of the same pony (known as 'armies'). Some people trade or sell their doubles. It's one way to get ponies not sold in your area.

The ones you list are pretty common for symbol colour variations. Lickety Split also has a couple of releases in continental Europe (made in Hong Kong) and also Italian versions. Italian Tootsie is I think always white, but there is a white HK version that was only sold in Europe and a couple of other places and a green HK version sold here in the UK and in the US and Canada. And there are Spanish versions of Tootsie who are green as well.

So if you wanted, you could literally build a wall of variations xD.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 08:16:50 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline JasonP

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2018, 08:15:49 AM »
Oh, french. Awesome ^^
So if you had one with a lighter and one with a darker symbol, you would keep it? I feel very inclined to keep them both... They look somewhat different... although not really... I'm conflicted.

Taffeta: armies?? xDDD Maybe I should do that. How awesome would that be? Having 200 of the same pony? If anyone here has one, show me a picture? 8D

Italian ponys have different expressions?

O__O thats a lot of variations... The only difference i noticed in tootsie, is the darker symbols...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 08:18:24 AM by JasonP »

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2018, 08:18:15 AM »

So common you stopped noticing it? Like when you walk down the same street every day and don't notice the same bush because it's always there? XD

I would like to be swimming in Italian ponies. I have always had a soft spot for them and their goofy expressions.

@JasonP - some people keep doubles, even sometimes a lot of the same pony (known as 'armies'). Some people trade or sell their doubles.
That must be it.If you like Italian ponies, come live in France because that's litteraly all i see from french sellers that aren't collectors. I was amazed to see someone selling an HK Skyflier among other ponies i wanted not too long ago and immediatly bought them since i only ever saw Italian Skyflier here.

JasonP : i don't know how to describe them, but their eyes don't really look the same as the "normal" HK ponies, which makes them look different and pretty cool
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 08:20:44 AM by Jorgito93 »

Offline JasonP

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2018, 08:19:12 AM »
What does Macau mean?

oh, I dont think I ever noticed that... But I'll take a look xD I also have an italian and a hong kong Cherry jubilee or whatever that ones called. they also have different colored cherries
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 08:22:22 AM by JasonP »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2018, 08:21:27 AM »

In a way. If for example you got the White Tootsie from Italy, you'd call her Italian Tootsie and your regular green Tootsie, Tootsie, or US Tootsie.

If you had a pony that was re-released in a set with a gimmick, you might say Posey for the Earth Pony release and SS Posey for the So-Soft release.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 08:23:19 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2018, 08:21:32 AM »
What does Macau mean?
Macau is a region in China, some ponies were made there and are stamped Macau under the hoof.

Offline JasonP

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2018, 08:25:37 AM »
SS Posey... Gosh, that would sure have a different meaning in my country xDDD wow. But I understand what you mean.
Theres a green tootsie? I have two white ones... one says hong kong and the other italy... What do US ponys say on the foot?

Oh... Macau. I understand. I dont think Ive ever seen one of those

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2018, 08:29:26 AM »
SS Posey... Gosh, that would sure have a different meaning in my country xDDD wow. But I understand what you mean.
Theres a green tootsie? I have two white ones... one says hong kong and the other italy... What do US ponys say on the foot?

Oh... Macau. I understand. I dont think Ive ever seen one of those
US ponies say Hong Kong or China under the hoof.Your white HK tootsie is the european release apparently, since the US version is green.Italian Tootsie was also white.

Offline JasonP

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2018, 08:31:19 AM »
Oh. It's too bad we don't get american ponys here... Do you get any in france? I only seem to get european versions of everything

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal