collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Extremely Frizzy/Matted Hair Fix?  (Read 2017 times)

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
Re: Extremely Frizzy/Matted Hair Fix?
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2018, 09:51:27 AM »
Ironing the white streak will break its color-changing effect. :/

Not only is this true but even set on low I  had it burn the color changing hair.  So, I don't recommend heat treatment on the pony.  I ruined one of mine trying this even on low setting.  I have no idea if it was because someone may have tried it before me and my effort was the final straw that burned the pony hair or what.  My curling iron has heat settings between 1-10.  I had it on a 2 I think because, 1 has never worked well for my G1 pony frizz.  The color changing hair is not heat resistant like the colored hair.

Would using a straightning iron make a difference? In the thread I was talking about earlier, a lot of people claimed using the straightner on the hair made the color changing streak work better (although I've never done it myself so I can't put my two cents into it).

That would be my beachball with frizzy hair  ;)
I've found generous conditioner and a straightner on low heat can work wonders, and I've yet to see any damage to the color changing.
The non color changing defrizzes much easier than the color changing, so I suggest separating out the white from the other and focusing on it if you can. I've yet to defrizz mine completely, the ends are still quite frizzy but the main body of the hair is much much improved.
I'm glad to hear your Beachball's hair is doing better! :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2018, 09:52:26 AM »
I've had good luck with Fabric Softener

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2018, 11:00:54 AM »
Ironing the white streak will break its color-changing effect. :/

Not only is this true but even set on low I  had it burn the color changing hair.  So, I don't recommend heat treatment on the pony.  I ruined one of mine trying this even on low setting.  I have no idea if it was because someone may have tried it before me and my effort was the final straw that burned the pony hair or what.  My curling iron has heat settings between 1-10.  I had it on a 2 I think because, 1 has never worked well for my G1 pony frizz.  The color changing hair is not heat resistant like the colored hair.

Would using a straightning iron make a difference? In the thread I was talking about earlier, a lot of people claimed using the straightner on the hair made the color changing streak work better (although I've never done it myself so I can't put my two cents into it).

That would be my beachball with frizzy hair  ;)
I've found generous conditioner and a straightner on low heat can work wonders, and I've yet to see any damage to the color changing.
The non color changing defrizzes much easier than the color changing, so I suggest separating out the white from the other and focusing on it if you can. I've yet to defrizz mine completely, the ends are still quite frizzy but the main body of the hair is much much improved.
I'm glad to hear your Beachball's hair is doing better! :D

I think I chimed in on that thread. :) I'm so glad to hear that your Beachball is on her way back to loveliness! You actually inspired me to do a little work on my Waverunner while I had her out.

Here's her tail before and after, each with a 10 sec. zap from a UV flashlight:

I used the same treatment I advocated in the previous thread. However, the curling iron I have on hand doesn't go down lower than 250°F, so I briefly ran the iron under the faucet before applying it to the hair to get it below "sizzle-point". I really wish I had kept my old low-temp iron, since today's versions all seem to go from HOT to SUN'S SURFACE. That's great for my own hard-to-curl hair, but not so good for ponies.

I really love Sunshine ponies, and I'm glad that some people are willing and able to take the time to restore them instead of removing their wonderful hair. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal