collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Charity shop finds!  (Read 856 times)

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
Charity shop finds!
« on: June 23, 2018, 04:22:57 AM »
So as I've just got my first round of wages from my new job, it was finally time to go in search of a new bag; my old one has been patched up so many times it's basically a heap of threads that are questioning whether or not they want anything to do with each other. However, I ended up walking past this one charity shop that sometimes has ponies hiding in there and hey presto - I got sidetracked! Unfortunately, there were no ponies to be had today but all was not lost!

First I found this very lovely, dreamy picture. This photo doesn't really do it justice; the shading is really deep and it makes an interesting contrast with the mellow colours. Haven't decided where to hang it yet (and please excuse the unfinished sanding job on the drawers - it's been a very busy few weeks!)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I also found this rather unique fish-shaped... jug? Vase? Whatever it is, it's delightful and I knew just the place for it right from the off.

And as for the bag, I found just the thing in the local New Agey shop, buried under a heap of others that were very pretty but quite flimsy - when this one turned up, I knew it was the perfect bag to take the place of the one that's just had its chips. Quite a sturdy little thing, just right for taking a book and my lunch to work, there's a huge pocket between the flap and the main compartment for all my important things and it was only £5! I'm going to customise it, as there are a couple of patches that didn't quite work on my favourite jacket, then it ought to feel a bit more loved after having so much time forgotten at the bottom of a box!

Having gotten this lot for £13, I'm feeling like quite the master bargain hunter right now. XD

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Charity shop finds!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 09:14:27 AM »
I love finding unique treasures :)  That's quite the haul, congrats ^^

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 01:18:40 PM »
I think you would consider the fish a pitcher really.  My grandmother had one of those.  It was a good purchase choice on your part especially if it is marked by a company and Made in England.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 03:01:54 PM »
oooooh happy hunting hauls :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 06:02:24 PM »
That is quite the haul. I love thrifting, never know what you will find but there are some great things out there.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 12:27:22 PM »
I think you would consider the fish a pitcher really.  My grandmother had one of those.  It was a good purchase choice on your part especially if it is marked by a company and Made in England.

A pitcher! Of course! I'm far too out of touch with my kitchen paraphernalia. The fish does say on the bottom that it was made in Devon, and a chap I was talking to says the finish looks like a particular specialty of a monastery down there, I've just been too busy to find out more about it. It is fun to have found something with a bit of history, though! :D

That is quite the haul. I love thrifting, never know what you will find but there are some great things out there.

True that, it's quite relaxing as well. The vibe in charity shops always seems to that bit more chilled out than in regular shops. :)

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 05:41:16 PM »
YES! The Fishy is a pitcher commonly called a "gurgle pitcher" or "gurgle pot"! Depending on age/maker they can be VERY collectible, VERY sought after, and VERY expensive! :) i really reccomend filling it with some water and pouring some out :) or just watch this quick youtube vid lol it is literally just 13 seconds of pouring a bit of water and sitting the pitcher back down :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOo6kOJzH5g my dream is finding an interesting one for a good price for my fishy kitchen!
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal