collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Baby Applejack with yellow apples?  (Read 6184 times)

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Baby Applejack with yellow apples?
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2018, 04:35:02 PM »
I just want to said that I agree with Taffeta and CinnamonOnions that this girl is not trying to scam anybody and believe in her pony, no matter what individual people can thinks ;)
And as I said, in the end it's up to everybody to take the choice to buy or not :biggrin:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2018, 06:05:30 PM »
I just want to said that I agree with Taffeta and CinnamonOnions that this girl is not trying to scam anybody and believe in her pony, no matter what individual people can thinks ;)
And as I said, in the end it's up to everybody to take the choice to buy or not :biggrin:
Agreed ;) (meant to add that in my last post whoops)

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2018, 02:15:30 AM »
Well, in the heart of the debate... that remembers me I don't have an AJ baby, I did a quick search and...
I just saw this guy on ebay :)

« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 02:18:12 AM by ColdRuru »

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline CinnamonOnions

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2018, 01:33:28 PM »
It might freak you out but there are a lot of people in this community who have been collecting for more than 20 years xD. And there are also people who have been less time but who have accrued knowledge and experience, as well as those who have been collecting for ages but only casually. I guess my point is that we don't separate ourselves by length of time vs knowledge. We all have things we know stuff about and things we don't, I guess?

Re: Applejack - thank you. Then it probably must be fading. The shy pose AJ came out the year before baby AJ, who was part of the same release year as collector pose AJ. I'm not ruling out potential crossover, but it just reduces the likelihood of this being a variation again. It would be a very big coincidence, let's just leave it at that.

All of this doesn't remove the fact that she actually looks very cute with those symbols though. Just not €200 worth of cute. Although I remember the first baby AJ ever to appear on ebay sold for $300 xD.

No surprise there :D but considering how young the community was back then, you could expect, if not knowing any better, most who have collected seriously all the way from 90s would be professionals of pony info by now.
Yep that's definetly true! Man I haven't been in this community for more than under two years either.
That's a great point though, you're very right.

Probably. Ah I understand! And yep, you're correct there. I still will stick to think there's a very slight chance of this being somewhat an error though, despite it probably being just severly faded.

She is very adorable, and so beautifuly worn too! Definetly not even near 200 whopping euros.
Oh wow whaaat??? Then again... USA located collectors often tend to buy Europe exclusive things for big prices in almost every collecting community.

Post Merge: June 24, 2018, 01:35:07 PM

Well, in the heart of the debate... that remembers me I don't have an AJ baby, I did a quick search and...
I just saw this guy on ebay :)

Pfff looks like the mystery is solved! Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 01:35:07 PM by CinnamonOnions »

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2018, 02:00:07 AM »
A bit late in at the starting gate, but I am on the side of those who are going for 'faded'. It is completely possible for a pony to fade evenly; I have a lovely Cherries Jubilee (as a random example) who is evenly faded with lilac instead of purple cherries. I am keeping her as I like Cherries and she makes a nice addition to my Cherries collection. But she is by no means a 'variant'. Simply faded. What does not show in the photo is that her body and hair are also lighter than non-faded Cherries next to her.

Here she is next to her non-faded counterpart:

I think it is as Taffeta mentioned earlier in the thread: people do not always notice these small variations until they are pointed out by someone. However they are there, and this is something that I have personally noticed. It also happens with Wigwam's symbols for example.

But I also agree that the seller genuinely believes that they have a unique pony, which in a way is what we all want to believe, right? So is perfectly natural.

Offline CinnamonOnions

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2018, 04:56:13 PM »
A bit late in at the starting gate, but I am on the side of those who are going for 'faded'. It is completely possible for a pony to fade evenly; I have a lovely Cherries Jubilee (as a random example) who is evenly faded with lilac instead of purple cherries. I am keeping her as I like Cherries and she makes a nice addition to my Cherries collection. But she is by no means a 'variant'. Simply faded. What does not show in the photo is that her body and hair are also lighter than non-faded Cherries next to her.

Here she is next to her non-faded counterpart:

I think it is as Taffeta mentioned earlier in the thread: people do not always notice these small variations until they are pointed out by someone. However they are there, and this is something that I have personally noticed. It also happens with Wigwam's symbols for example.

But I also agree that the seller genuinely believes that they have a unique pony, which in a way is what we all want to believe, right? So is perfectly natural.

Jubilee has been brought up previously too on this thread as a good example! Faded ponies can definetly look pretty. Also if you read a bit forward on the posts of this thread it has been almost certainly confirmed already that this baby Applejack too is just extreme fading. I just am not sure should I delete the opening post to begin with so I'm keeping it there with the bolded edit to clear up.

Yep. Small variations go unnoticed, so it's a bit confusing to many when suddenly there's a pony with these small variations and a bigger difference.
Wigwam too has been mentioned for an example!

True there!

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2018, 07:12:24 PM »
Scoops is another one that comes up too - her magenta/purple milkshakes already appear in several shades but can also fade to very pretty pastels.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline CinnamonOnions

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2018, 10:21:54 AM »
Scoops is another one that comes up too - her magenta/purple milkshakes already appear in several shades but can also fade to very pretty pastels.

Ah I see!! And Tickles symbols seems to fade to silver often.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal