collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NC Mummy Apple Delight  (Read 1575 times)

Offline cookifaa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • My real pony is jealous of my vinyl ponies.
    • View Profile
NC Mummy Apple Delight
« on: June 21, 2018, 07:24:28 AM »
Hi!

I asked the same question a few months back about a Mummy Apple Delight I've had for years without a country stamp and came to the conclusion that she was just a Hong Kong pony, but, a few weeks ago I received a bundle with another Mummy Apple Delight that made me question whether of not she could be a Spanish?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Both ponies are different, the China stamped one (left) has bigger eyes and symbols than the NC (Right)? They're very obviously different to the eye (I'm not sure if the picture does much justice to their differences).
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 09:31:31 AM by cookifaa »

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Re: No Country Mummy Apple Delight
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 08:00:09 AM »
(I don't know about nirvana, but for the photo:)

Get rid of anything except the img tags and everything in between. It should say: blahblahuselesslinks[img]flickrurlthing[img]moreannoyingthings

Basically, get rid of everything in red. Only keep the img tags and the photo link between the img tags.

Hope you get the actual info you want ;)

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline cookifaa

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Re: No Country Mummy Apple Delight
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 09:30:28 AM »
(I don't know about nirvana, but for the photo:)

Get rid of anything except the img tags and everything in between. It should say: blahblahuselesslinks[img]flickrurlthing[img]moreannoyingthings

Basically, get rid of everything in red. Only keep the img tags and the photo link between the img tags.

Hope you get the actual info you want ;)

Thank you!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: NC Mummy Apple Delight
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 10:35:46 AM »
These have indeed been put under the Spanish umbrella, but you do notice they are slightly different to Spanish and Spanish NC ponies.

I have seen a whole Apple Delight family set with NC Mummy and Daddy with a HK or China Baby Sister Apple mint,  in a Spanish language box, and the box was marked with a sticker saying "made in Hong Kong", however, I also have images of the same family in a box marked "made in Valencia Spain"

:huh:

ETA some of the information is incorrect as I didn't double check my information before posting  >_< see post below for correct information

Love pkw xxx
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 03:28:14 PM by pinkkittywinks »
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 01:17:04 PM »
These have indeed been put under the Spanish umbrella, but you do notice they are slightly different to Spanish and Spanish NC ponies.

I have seen a whole Apple Delight family set with NC Mummy and Daddy with a HK or China Baby Sister Apple mint,  in a Spanish language box, and the box was marked with a sticker saying "made in Hong Kong", however, I also have images of the same family in a box marked "made in Valencia Spain"

Love pkw xxx

Love pkw xxx

Further to this, I guess we can call it a pandora's box at the moment in pony ID. We can't totally prove they are or aren't Spanish. As PKW says, there are sometimes similarities and sometimes differences. Some of them look quite Spanish. Others are so rough in their appearance I feel like calling them Spanish is an insult to Spanish ponies, many of which are quite beautiful ponies really. It often comes down to the eyes and how Spanish they look - but we can't totally prove it either way at this point.

What we do know is that they're normal release across Europe, along with Chinese ones. I've never seen a HK one here, but I have seen NC ones with badly removed HK stamps...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 03:42:42 PM »

ETA some of the information is incorrect as I didn't double check my information before posting  >_< see post below for correct information

Love pkw xxx

CORRECTING MYSELF!

Family Apple Delight MIB Mummy and Daddy are both marked NC and Baby is marked China (no pat pend) the outside of the box says "made in Valencia, Spain". This is owned by Himmie and I have seen lots of pictures of it :)

The other box I was thinking of was an US English language box (US because it says "Mommy") and on the back there is a sticker saying "made in China" rather than the place of manufacture been printed on the box.

Let me link to Himmie's site which has a lot of the Families on :)

http://himmie.weebly.com/loving-families.html

I am now more puzzled than EVER since there is a Mummy Sweet Celebrations on a Spanish Language card and it says "made in Valencia, Spain on the back of the card" but she does not have the NC look to her and she is under the Made in Hong Kong section …….

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline cookifaa

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 04:23:47 PM »
Oh boy, its all so confusing :blush:

I just thought I'd ask with them being so visibly different, everything about the stamped one is bigger than the nc!

Thanks for the replies though haha, she can go with the rest of my purgatory ponies (unconfirmed origins) for now! :lol:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 05:08:57 PM »
Oh boy, its all so confusing :blush:

It is. But the confusing things are always the most fun :D

PKW, there's also the Baby Cuddles thing where the box says made in Spain but she's made in HK...this seems to be a common confusion issue but I am not totally sure why it occurs like that.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 06:08:29 PM »
I do consider the No Country Loving Family ponies to be "Spanish". Of course some ponies of the Spanish ponies have both Spain and NC versions...

While it was not too difficult to figure out the variations of each Loving Family pony that exist, the variations in packaging is endless.

I am now more puzzled than EVER since there is a Mummy Sweet Celebrations on a Spanish Language card and it says "made in Valencia, Spain on the back of the card" but she does not have the NC look to her and she is under the Made in Hong Kong section ……

She is in fact a Hong Kong pony on a Spanish card. I have no idea why. Haha. I think I only have photos of the MIB Spain family on IG. (I really am eventually going to photograph the rest...)
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2018, 05:38:10 AM »

I am now more puzzled than EVER since there is a Mummy Sweet Celebrations on a Spanish Language card and it says "made in Valencia, Spain on the back of the card" but she does not have the NC look to her and she is under the Made in Hong Kong section ……

She is in fact a Hong Kong pony on a Spanish card. I have no idea why. Haha. I think I only have photos of the MIB Spain family on IG. (I really am eventually going to photograph the rest...)

My MOC Daddy Bright Boquet... hes HK but the card is spanish!

----> visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Silversnow

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+169)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Piggy Lover
    • View Profile
    • https://www.ebay.com/usr/snowauryn
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2018, 04:30:44 AM »
I love your watermark, Einhornbaby!

And yes, we did get a lot of Spanish cards but Hong Kong ponies. I adore those cards!

Piggy for sale? Please contact me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal