Pony Talk > Pony Corral

If you were starting from the beginning...

(1/6) > >>

Loa:
Where would you start?
By year?
Colour?
Set?
Generation?

Mewtwofan1:
Hmm...gosh I don’t know. I kinda started with g4 for my current collection of cross generational ponies. But if I had to start again from square one... I think I’d start with colour. I like space themed ponies, so it would be a logical place to start. I tried collecting only certain ponies for some time, but it didn’t last too long. Not time for logic when one has ponies!

goddessofpeep:
I'd go straight for whatever really caught my eye first, and then fill in any holes later.  I collect A LOT of different things, and that's how all my collections start.  I find one thing that catches my eye, it leads me to look for more. Then I just pick up what I like as I find it during my searches.  Later, if the collection turns serious, I go for sets, and branch out to other sub-collections.

So whatever catches my eye is my priority.  And any good bargains I come across in my searches too:p  I'll generally ignore anything that I'm lukewarm on until the collection gets big enough that I'm starting to have a hard time finding new stuff to get, or I find a particularly good bargain for something that I know I'll want later.

Aadra310:
I probably wouldn’t start!  It’s not a cheap hobby, anymore!  Ponies for a quarter, anyone?

TheBeatlesPkmnFan42:
Probably by getting my favorites of the ones I have right now. Or thrifting, thrifting has been how I've gotten a large amount of my collection anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version