collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which side of the coin are you on?

Early Bird
13 (24.5%)
Night Owl
20 (37.7%)
Permanently Exhausted Pigeon
14 (26.4%)
Other
4 (7.5%)
24 hour party peacock!
2 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Early Bird or Night Owl?  (Read 2802 times)

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Early Bird or Night Owl?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2018, 10:33:17 AM »
I'm a bit of both. I tend to stay up late, wake up early, and have a nap during the day if my schedule allows for it. If I have school the next day I go to bed early, though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2018, 01:04:01 PM »
I'm a night owl, in that I only "wake up" around 9PM.  At that point I have been awake since 5:30 AM and should be tired, but I spend all day exhausted and then *DING* it's time to start some long, involved project because I am wired! 

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2018, 06:00:50 PM »
Night owl. so much so that I did not get Jet lag when I moved to China from NY and its a 12 hr difference.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2018, 09:51:35 AM »
I guess I'm an early bird these days. But that's only because I have animals to get up and take care of before leaving for work in the mornings. After dinner I am exhausted and must take about an hour nap though, just so I have the strength to finish the day and get to bed. I can not sleep more than 6 or 7 hours, I just get a huge headache if I'm laying down longer than that. Plus I just have too much to get up and do, so my body just wakes me up.

Back in the day (college) I was a total night owl, though! I used to be able to sleep for like 12 hours. O.O

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2018, 11:23:50 AM »
I'm a night owl, in that I only "wake up" around 9PM.  At that point I have been awake since 5:30 AM and should be tired, but I spend all day exhausted and then *DING* it's time to start some long, involved project because I am wired!
That's me too!  I don't get it either.  Tired all day long and then night happens and I'm ready to go running.

I will say that I live in a hot climate and love the outdoors.  But I can't stand the intense sun and have to wait till it cools off to go out.  Even so, I still get a little sunburned every year.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline cookifaa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • My real pony is jealous of my vinyl ponies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2018, 11:45:09 AM »
I'm definitely a tie between a night owl and a permanently exhausted pigeon. I don't like falling asleep, but I love sleeping. Once I fall asleep I can stay asleep for hours (19 hours is my record), and when I'm awake I'm always exhausted >_<

Post Merge: June 22, 2018, 11:46:49 AM

Me too! I can sleep all day, and be exhausted all day, but at around 11pm my brain goes ping and I'm awake all night :lol:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 11:46:49 AM by cookifaa »

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2018, 02:16:09 PM »
I wake up with the sun too. I hate winter and dark mornings so I have a sun lamp which is amazing. So I’m definitely an early bird as long as the sun does actually come up. I love working and like to be busy so tend to stay up late too. I’m lucky I only need about 5-6 hours sleep max unless I’m really ill or something! My wife on the other hand is the complete opposite and sleeps like the dead!! She can easily do 12 hours uninterrupted sleep!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2018, 04:20:07 PM »
I picked exhausted pigeon, because that's how I feel lately with everything that we're juggling right now. I have to get up early for work but I'd like to sleep in later. Weekends I get a bit more sleep but not a lot as my body is in up early mode (even if my head doesn't agree).

I end up crashing around 10 because that's my work bedtime. So even when I get up later, I can't stay up later.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2018, 01:24:39 AM »
I made it til 9am this morning which I count as a very successful weekend lie in! :cheer:

Online Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2018, 07:29:48 AM »
It's a tie between early bird and permanently exhausted pigeon. I've always been an early bird except for the years I worked at a movie theatre and worked late evenings to early ams. Nowadays I wake up around 7 am, but is constantly exhausted (mostly health related tho) and easily fall alseep around 9-10 pm. On my days off I often take a midday nap as well and still go to bed early.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2018, 05:48:51 AM »
Permanently Exhausted Pigeon. Up at 5 am to let the dog out. Some days I work two jobs and get home a bit before 10 pm. Even days that I don't work late my husband thinks there's no excuse to go to bed before 9 pm. While I don't work a physically demanding job, I'm just tired all the time.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2018, 07:07:29 AM »
I am a Permanently Exhausted Pigeon. :zzz: However, I really like mornings. I like the peace and quiet, the birds singing, the smells and the beautiful light. ^.^

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2018, 12:09:02 AM »
If I have to be up early (before 9 AM) I'll do it but it requires coffee. Sleep, due to health reasons I should be aiming for nine to ten hours a night. Do I get it? Nope, though six hours is pushing it in terms of not being human the next day. Naps are my best friend and I can power nap for four hours if left alone.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2018, 12:11:32 PM »
Another night owl here. My ideal routine would probably be around 1 am bedtime, up at 9-10.

I'm lucky in that I can decide my own working hours, although I aim at working 9 to 5 days, which means I should be getting up by 7.30. Sometimes I'm able to stick with this for a while, but holding onto the routine is a struggle. Mostly it's because it's very difficult for me to go to sleep before midnight. However, unlike many other night owls I know, I'm never grumpy in the mornings. I may have to fight to keep my eyes open, but after I've had coffee and some breakfast I'm usually good to go. :)

I wish I were more of an early bird, because I love those morning hours whenever I wake up earlier without an alarm (and without feeling tired). It's a rare treat. And it always feels like I had been given some extra hours, even if I end up going to bed earlier as a result. I guess morning hours are somehow more productive, though I feel most inspired and creative at night. :shrug:

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2018, 02:27:17 PM »
I'm a bit of an inbetweener... Getting the kids to school and myself to work throughout the week necessitates a moderately early rise of about 7am... and unfortunately the routine is so ingrained now that sleeping in on the weekend, despite how much I want to nowadays, is just difficult. I'll wake by 7.30 at the latest even without alarms  :huh:  And once I'm awake in the morning, that's it. It's really hard to get back to sleep, even if I'm dog tired.

By 9ish I'm pretty much ready for bed most nights, though I'm usually not asleep until about 10.30 on a routine evening.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal