collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Introduction..?  (Read 624 times)

Offline CinnamonOnions

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Introduction..?
« on: June 19, 2018, 12:20:41 PM »
Hello. A bit newer collector trying to find her way to these circles.
Basics would be that I'm an 18 year old girl from southern Finland. Naturaly, english is not my first language and on top of that I at times somehow skip words when writing, so sorry before hand for odd typos!
One of my few passions is old toys such as Pokemon cards, Digimon and Lion King plush toys, and of course, G1 My Little Ponies.
I never had ponies as a kid. I wasn't a big fan of girly toys expect for Littlest Petshops, and to top that LPS were cheaper than G3 My Little Ponies. Despite that I had Desert Rose and Secret Wishes as a child.
G1 MLPs came to my life a lot later in a bit of an odd manner: I was thrifting as usual back in 2016. I knew some old ponies were valuable and I had heard of nirvanas via mirage Pokemon plush info posts, so I tried to find rarities to sell forward. I managed to spot G1 Red Roses for an euro, and of course bought her. But it didn't really go as planned, after a few hours I was totaly in love with her! (And kept her)
 After that I slowly started buying more ponies, and later on it became one of my main collections. I also fell in love with restoring these lovelies, I find it relaxing. Rerooting and mold removing I have still never tried, but plan to try stronger chemicals with a slightly moldy Remco fakie.
 Nowadays I skip almost no pony while thrifting, and my collection stands at 40 brightly colored ponies, including even such rarities as Azul Celeste the piggy pony, Regentropfen, and the Surprise Twins ponys blue baby. I don't buy a lot online partly due to shipping costs, and over half of my collection consists of thrifting miracles. (Including all three listed before!)
Some of my favorite ponies from my own collection are Tex, Polly, Star Hopper (bought online unlike the rest listed), Azul Celeste, Northstar and Rain Feather. :) My dream ponies I probably never will achieve are mail order Star Hopper (lighter colored) and brazilian Truly!
 A couple of G3s and their playsets have also found their way to my collection, but they aren't that imporant for me. I hope this goes for an introduction. ❤

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction..?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 06:57:14 PM »
Hi, welcome to the Arena! It seems you have quite the collection :D Don't worry about typos and missing words, you can always edit your posts ;) Can't wait to see you around, I think you will find that this place is very welcoming! Enjoy your stay :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 08:55:00 PM »
Welcome to the Arena!
Enjoy yourself here - we're quite nutty!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 07:31:50 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :wave:

Hope you have a blast exploring the forum!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 07:55:30 PM »
Welcome to the arena! :) Happy to hear that the pony bug got you also!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal