collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sea pony price check  (Read 2049 times)

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
Sea pony price check
« on: June 18, 2018, 10:01:19 AM »
I have three sea ponies and two shells that I am wanting to sell on as they are currently just in a box being wasted.

Please can I get an up to date price check on them if possible. See pictures below for who I have.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
IMG_1470

IMG_1471

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
Re: Sea pony price check
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 12:11:50 PM »
No ne have any ideas what the sea pounces are going for these days  :huh:

Offline caracallie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 01:56:28 PM »
So from this reference here (The one I prefer) as well as ebay estimates, you have the following values:

SurfDancer (UK) - Less than 10$. Nothing on the price guide about this one, but ebay has 2 completed transactions. Elusive, I guess?
Wavedancer OR Wavebreaker (UK) (Pink body/blue hair) - US for 15-20$, UK for 50-60$. These two are identical but had different packaging. I'm guessing the "Wavebreaker" name is rarer since it's a UK exclusive, but it only has one or two sales on Ebay.
High Tide (US) OR Seaspray (UK) (Yellow body/pink hair) - 20-40$.

Shells are worth anywhere from 20-40$, if you're lucky.

Also: I'm guessing they're all the UK versions. I did have to identify these using mylittlewiki and I am not 100% positive if I got them right, but Seaponies in general are worth a decent amount.

Hope I could help!

EDIT I got it wrong! Seaponies aren't really my thing, but I tried :) Look below for the answer your looking for.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 07:39:50 PM by caracallie »

Offline cookifaa

• Ouchy Roids Pony
  • My real pony is jealous of my vinyl ponies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 02:31:43 PM »
Just thought I'd say. a surf dancer and her shell sold for £26? (i think, i cant remember off the top of my head) today on ebay :)

Sea Ponies with their shells sell for a lot, so if you sold them all together in a bundle listing, they could potentially go for a hefty sum :)

(Just checked and she actually sold for £28, so i wasnt far off ^.^ )
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 02:39:02 PM by cookifaa »

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 02:36:43 PM »
High Tide and Seaspray are actually different.  They are in different poses. (US) High Tide is looking up while (Euro) Seaspray, who you have, looks straight ahead.  High Tide is higher priced than Seaspray.

Oh, and depending on price, if you sell I would be interested in the yellow seashell!

I recently purchased Surf Dancer on eBay for $9 plus shipping in good condition.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 02:42:22 PM by nessa16 »

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 03:41:00 AM »
High Tide and Seaspray are actually different.  They are in different poses. (US) High Tide is looking up while (Euro) Seaspray, who you have, looks straight ahead.  High Tide is higher priced than Seaspray.

Yep, I was going to say this. High Tide and Seaspray are not the same pony and High Tide is much rarer, as she is htf even in the places she was sold. I am pretty sure that HK Seaspray is a UK pony, not a Euro pony, the European ones are generally Italian made.

Wavedancer and Wavebreaker are the same pony, but the yellow shell is unique to the UK release. That may explain her price difference? I'm not sure. (The Italian one also has a yellowish shell but it is different).

I would sell Wavebreaker and Seaspray with their shells (yellow and purple respectively) and then maybe sell Surfdancer on her own...

I actually think Wavebreaker the pony on its own is worth the least because it was widely available in the US as well - but her shell puts her price up. If you are separating them the yellow shell is going to be more than the purple one in trade or sale value.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline caracallie

• Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 06:56:48 PM »
I knew High Tide and Seaspray were different, but like with the rest of the Euro exclusives I couldn't tell! They look the same as the others to me. Not very suave with seaponies yet, lol. My bad!

Thanks for giving me a lesson too! :)

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 07:23:39 PM »
High Tide / Sea Spray don't even have the same hair colour.  HT's is fading pink (and she has purple eyes), while Sea Spray (blue eyes) has  the same hair colour as Peachy/Cotton Candy/Sundance.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline caracallie

• Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2018, 07:38:43 PM »
High Tide / Sea Spray don't even have the same hair colour.  HT's is fading pink (and she has purple eyes), while Sea Spray (blue eyes) has  the same hair colour as Peachy/Cotton Candy/Sundance.

Like I said, my bad! I assumed High Tide's hair was just the kind that faded over time but was the same base shade as Seaspray. False association on my part. Guess I was trying to find a similar one since the other two looked like copies and I'm not used to Euro exclusives. You guys cleared it up just fine! Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 07:40:27 PM by caracallie »

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 01:40:36 AM »
Nah, no worries - that wasn't meant as crit. (sorry if it sounded that way), just pointing out the easy ways to tell them apart and that they definitely weren't meant to be the same character.   It is strange though that the UK first set got one near identical release in Wavedancer/breaker, but two alternates to make up the trio.  TBH I think the UK set is prettier, with its balanced yellow/blue/pink scheme.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2018, 01:37:04 AM »
Sea Ponies here are so weird, to be honest. Both adults and babies, actually.

I feel like we were meant to have the US set originally, or at least the information was given out because the original print version of one of the storybooks uses the US names but the images of the UK ponies. It got corrected in a later edition and you can see the correcting if you look because the font is slightly different where their names are written.

They didn't have stickers, although they came out at the same time as Rainbow Ponies and basic earth ponies which did.

I wonder if it was that colour balance that made them change the design. It is quite clever - pink/blue, yellow/pink, blue/yellow. But I'm not sure why the yellow shell. I'm sure it would've been cheaper to make the green one and just shunt them around.

Even more weird, they're not in the fact file at all. The sea ponies in there are 4 of the y3 sea ponies we didn't get. Very strange release :/

And then UK Hasbro went on to reinvent its own pearly set of babies, with either different poses or ponies :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal