collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony theories and headcanons?  (Read 4678 times)

Offline CinnamonOnions

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony theories and headcanons?
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2018, 01:00:13 PM »
I don't have any proper headcanons as I'm not into the MLP cartoons, but I do like making up stuff for my herd. One day I'll probably decide personalities for them too. :D The most important thing that I have decided is that North Star and Confetti are a couple (I never keep them on separated shelves!) and baby North Star is their filly. Baby Glory and Baby Surprise are good friends and play together a lot. I also consider ponies that came to me from the same collections as friends. I prefer thinking nirvanas as separate identities from the ponies they're based on and call them by their local names - I could never call Polly or Azul "Snuzzle and Blue Belle" anymore.
 Also here's some starts for those personality headcanons:
 Confetti is actualy a bit shy and quiet, also really into colours and the nature. She has a huge collection of differently colored plastic dishes. North Star I imagine as a slightly larger mare that's brave and very tomboyish, she has the manners of a true gentleman. She'd have unusualy deep voice. Azul Celeste is a bit difficult for other ponies to understand and very sassy, her sense of humour is a bit wicked. Star Hopper tries to desperately befriend and understand the small and strange Azul. Half Note twins (I have two Half Notes) are the loud neighbours that play old rock music on full volume at the wrong time of clock, Sand Digger has to deal living with them. Tex is the show off, trying to get all the mares to like him. Tickle is wiser and older than most other ponies, but stays playful despite her age. No-one really knows where Tootsie came from, or since when has she been living with Tulip - she sort of just appeared to the pony village one day.

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2018, 01:09:36 PM »
All generations are alternate realities playing out at the same time with an occassional rift in the energy walls separating them, causing a blending of elements. That's why we have a pretty parlor in G1 and G2, for example.

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2018, 05:24:41 PM »
The pearlized G1 babies are the ones that were made by Majesty's unholy enchanted mirror. Hence why they're shimmery, dead-eyed, and sometimes slightly "off" from their moms like how Surprise is yellow, Moondreamer has a different name, etc. Turns out, an ancient mirror in a dark room isn't that great at making perfect copies.

"Regular" P&C-type babies in my herd are usually baby versions OF the ponies (à la Muppet Babies) and only rarely are the offspring of the adults, while "original" babies (e.g. Noddins, Sunribbon) were made the old fashioned way. ;)

G2s aren't actually closely related to the G1/G3 pony clade -- their similarities are due to convergent evolution.

Core 7-era G3 was a terrible magical mistake that occurred because Pinkie Pie extorted an unfortunately-worded wish out of one of the last G1 sea ponies, decimating the population. (A mistake which only got compounded into the horrors of G3.5, in the style of the fisherman's fable.)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2018, 07:51:44 PM »
Core 7-era G3 was a terrible magical mistake that occurred because Pinkie Pie extorted an unfortunately-worded wish out of one of the last G1 sea ponies, decimating the population. (A mistake which only got compounded into the horrors of G3.5, in the style of the fisherman's fable.)

I love this. <3
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal