collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Majesty's Wicked Ways: Lickety Split's Long Gallop  (Read 2519 times)

Offline Gizmo

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Majesty's Wicked Ways: Lickety Split's Long Gallop
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018, 02:04:24 AM »
“Trust me, my subjects. My methods might not seem best to you but I’m the Queen”-Majesty

I wonder what Majesty said to the Rainbow ponies after the man from New York City cut their manes to make wigs? Maybe she was teaching them not to be so vain?

Ponyfan

That is priceless! LOL

I am so intrigued by Majesty and the comics now, wish I had them!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2018, 04:16:41 AM »
I can't get to my comics at the moment and I am really hoping LM's continued scanning of them will ultimately mean I don't need to try (there are ponies sitting on the folders >.>) but I do have a pile of book doubles in my room back home at the moment (from which the above story came). When I go home I'll see if there are others. I know there are a couple of stories which nicely display why as a child I loved Medley but thought Firefly was an idiot, and a story that demonstrates why Princess Amethyst is the most annoying houseguest ever...

I am not sure about more stories of Majesty's evil though...

The rainbow ponies having their hair cut was from Ember's Dream, right? Is Majesty even in that story? She seems very marginalised in the US stories...but then so does magic in general, if Glory's story of losing her horn is anything to go by...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2018, 05:47:26 AM »
In Ember's Dream "the bad man from New York" (lol) takes over Dream Castle and forces Majesty to send invitations to the Rainbow ponies luring them in.

Majesty's in a couple of the US books.  Off the top of my head she's in "My Little Pony Makes a Wish" (where Spike steals her magic scepter and causes trouble with it) and "Spike and the Magic Shoes" where Spike steals her horseshoes of invisibility . . . Wow Spike, stop stealing her stuff!

I'd say that in the US, when Majesty is in a book, usually she and/or Spike are the focus of the book.  If they aren't the main characters then they usually don't show up at all.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 11:49:49 AM »
I like to think that Majesty allowed the bad man from New York to believe he was forcing her to invite the Rainbow Ponies to the castle to but that it was really part of Majesty's plan to teach the Rainbow ponies a lesson since Majesty in so powerful in the UK comics and storybooks.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2018, 11:50:41 AM »
I like to think that Majesty allowed the bad man from New York to believe he was forcing her to invite the Rainbow Ponies to the castle to but that it was really part of Majesty's plan to teach the Rainbow ponies a lesson since Majesty in so powerful in the UK comics and storybooks.

Ponyfan

If it were UK Majesty, she'd be wanting shares in the business.
Kind of like she wanted some of Lemon Drop's sorbet.
Extortion. Tsk.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2018, 03:32:06 PM »
Maybe she'd also keep one of the rainbow wigs on display at Dream Castle just in case the Rainbow Ponies started getting vain again.   :whoa::

I also like the comic story where Applejack got caught in the golden ring and was about to be enslaved to a giant until Majesty came along and talked the giant in to a contest to decide Applejack's fate.

Didn't Majesty turn some creature in to stone as a punishment in one of the UK books?

I was looking for backcard stories for the other thread and found Majesty mentioned in Bangles  US backcard story.

Copied from the wiki

Bangles woke to see the sun lifting its yellow head to the world. The morning dew was sparkling like brilliant diamonds in the early sunlight. Each row of pretty flowers resembled strands of colorful beads that wrapped around the garden like a giant necklace. Amazed at this jewel-like landscape, Bangles headed outdoors to enjoy the view. At the edge of the garden she spotted a shiny red object brighter than anything she had ever seen. "It's a ruby from Majesty's crown," she said, recognizing it immediately. With a quick spin and a leap, Bangles flew over to Dream Castle where she found Majesty gloomily searching the courtyard. "Looking for this?" Bangles asked laughingly. Delighted that her ruby had been found, Majesty thanked Bangles by presenting her with a necklace made of heart-shaped diamonds and shimmering pearls. Bangles felt just like a princess wearing this royal gift. 

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 03:34:42 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2018, 04:21:46 PM »
Wow, interesting that Majesty was being mentioned as late as Year 5!  (Although maybe the lavender Dream Castle was sold around then?  I'm always unsure of it's placement.)

Sparkler's backcard story also involves gems and Majesty:

Sparkler stood out in the sun, admiring her collection. "It's so beautifully shiny," she remarked as she rearranged her glitter cards, gold coins and aluminum foil pieces. Sparkler loves shiny, sparkling objects. When the moon is full, she follows the brightest star in search of glittering trinkets. On the night of the last full moon, Sparkler found a glowing diamond. "This will be perfect for Majesty's crown," she thought. But Majesty urged Sparkler to keep the jewel because someday she might have a crown of her own!

Maybe Sparkler is her illegitimate child.  Majesty could never admit the connection because Sparkler looks different instead of being a perfect clone.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2018, 11:42:21 AM »
Wow, interesting that Majesty was being mentioned as late as Year 5!  (Although maybe the lavender Dream Castle was sold around then?  I'm always unsure of it's placement.)

Sparkler's backcard story also involves gems and Majesty:

Sparkler stood out in the sun, admiring her collection. "It's so beautifully shiny," she remarked as she rearranged her glitter cards, gold coins and aluminum foil pieces. Sparkler loves shiny, sparkling objects. When the moon is full, she follows the brightest star in search of glittering trinkets. On the night of the last full moon, Sparkler found a glowing diamond. "This will be perfect for Majesty's crown," she thought. But Majesty urged Sparkler to keep the jewel because someday she might have a crown of her own!

Maybe Sparkler is her illegitimate child.  Majesty could never admit the connection because Sparkler looks different instead of being a perfect clone.

Join us next time in One Pony Life to Live.

Or is it perhaps, The Young and the Royal? :silly:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2018, 01:29:13 PM »
I don't know guys... Majesty reminds me of the Evil Queen in Return to Oz.  You know the one who keeps the heads?  LOL
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2018, 01:39:35 PM »

In our childhood collection games she was the senile mother of the Princess Ponies who basically made everything chaotic and poor Princess Sapphire, her regent, had to fix it all behind her.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2018, 04:15:06 PM »
What makes this even more disturbing, is that it looks like it's actually Baby Lickety-Split in the illustrations. At least thankfully I don't think that was the intention, since she is just "Lickety-Split" in the text, and they may not have realized they were using Baby Pony stock poses in the pictures.

The lavender Dream Castle was year 7, and it didn't include Majesty.

Majesty is also in the US coloring book "My Little Pony and the Birthday Wishes", which otherwise only feature year 6 ponies. In it she gives the ponies a magic wishing fountain which makes all their wishes come true. This includes sending Baby Whirly Twirl away in a helicopter by himself "high above the clouds". Seems safe for a baby earth pony.  :biggrin:

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2018, 02:54:38 AM »
What makes this even more disturbing, is that it looks like it's actually Baby Lickety-Split in the illustrations. At least thankfully I don't think that was the intention, since she is just "Lickety-Split" in the text, and they may not have realized they were using Baby Pony stock poses in the pictures.

Yeah, I noticed that too - both at the top and in the first image. But that's something that happens sometimes in the comics. It does give a darker impression of the whole thing, but I think she is meant to be adult Lickety.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2018, 10:38:10 AM »
This doesn't relate to Majesty but talking about using the stock photos images made me think of this.

This pamphlet with Seashell http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/File:120991714_o.jpg

And Skydancer on the Collector's Case :biggrin: :silly:

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/File:Collector%27s_Case_Front.jpg

Ponyfan

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2018, 10:42:30 AM »
This doesn't relate to Majesty but talking about using the stock photos images made me think of this.

This pamphlet with Seashell http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/File:120991714_o.jpg

And Skydancer on the Collector's Case :biggrin: :silly:

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/File:Collector%27s_Case_Front.jpg

Ponyfan
Thats funny XD On the collectors case, Parasol, Moondancer, and Peachy are all featured twice :blink: Weird!

(Edited because I'm great with quotes.)

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2018, 10:50:26 AM »
The seashell one is a stock pose that is used extensively in the comics so I didn;t even think anything of it xD. I have no idea what Skydancer is up to, though xD. It looks like she's trying hard to eavesdrop on whatever Starshine is saying to Sunbeam...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal