collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC please: G3 Giant Blank  (Read 719 times)

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
PC please: G3 Giant Blank
« on: June 15, 2018, 11:22:37 AM »
Ms Blank (approx 16" tall) has not had a hair cut to the best of my knowledge, her hair is still soft and she has no major marks. She does have some yellowing around the neck seam, eyelids and ear tips.

I hope to sell her at UKPC in October so postage shouldn't be an issue.

I bought her with the intention of customising her a couple of years ago but it's never going to happen (to the relief of many I imagine ;)) and she currently lives in our spare wardrobe to avoid a) the cats and b) the sun.

Any idea on her current value?

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
Re: PC please: G3 Giant Blank
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 12:58:31 PM »
Ooooh, following this. One of these ponies is probably my biggest grail at the moment, so definitely interested in how much they are going for.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline CrystalSnowflake

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 06:20:30 PM »
You are talking about the large blanks sent to artists for the pony project correct?
If so I bough mine for about $300 USD back about the time of the pony project.
You really don't see them come up for sale very often.
I don't think there are very many of them in the hands of collectors.
I have seen far fewer of them than rosey posey or the breast cancer awareness pony.

Not sure if I would part with mine for less that $650 however mine is mint.
Without pictures but given what you have said I would still say probably still at least $500.

Rares are really tough to price so I would love to hear others opinions as well.

~*Ponies for Sale*~
Sales Link - http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397254.0.htmll
G4 - Mint Ponies with Accessories and Backcards, Production Sample, Funko Chase, Blind bag, and Buildings

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 11:02:54 PM »
I was looking at one last year or so, which I ended up passing on - the money wasn't right for me for one, but I think she went for about $150 and $50 shipping, so $200 altogether? The one I was looking at had mild yellowing too, and she was out of her bag, but I was told that minor yellowing is pretty standard for them. :) I think you can ask more if they're MIB!

I'd love to have one, someday! Hopefully I'll catch the next one that goes by! :) It's a great idea to sell her in person, since shipping alone would be a killer! I bet you could charge a little more, simply because they won't have to pay to ship her, and that's part of the high cost for her. Just IMO of course!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 12:57:53 PM »
I think I paid around the $250 mark plus shipping a few years ago. She is very hard to get hold of, but maybe there aren't that many people trying to get hold of her?

I actually tried to sell her last year and although she did sell for the asking price, the buyer changed their mind so I still have her. I remember thinking how tricky it was to get decent photos of her!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361894324740

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal