collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 245956 times)

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #1485 on: February 22, 2019, 04:34:53 PM »
Any word on why the unicorns are being released later?
Tickle is lovely, such a relaxing shade of purple. The return of the stickers! Always loved the ponies that were packaged with them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1486 on: February 22, 2019, 09:16:10 PM »
I'm a tiny bit disappointed that Basic Fun didn't take the opportunity to fix Starflower's symbols to actually be star-flowers like they're supposed to be, but oh well.

Same!  They have white "flower" parts around them on the brochures (and I think in the story books) and they look so cute.  I assume they just didn't know, and were going off the actual toys.

I hadn't thought about customizing a retro, but that's a great idea!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1487 on: February 23, 2019, 01:10:17 AM »
I'm a tiny bit disappointed that Basic Fun didn't take the opportunity to fix Starflower's symbols to actually be star-flowers like they're supposed to be, but oh well.

Same!  They have white "flower" parts around them on the brochures (and I think in the story books) and they look so cute.  I assume they just didn't know, and were going off the actual toys.

Starflower is drawn like that in the comics and the fact file as well. I remember being surprised when I got her, finally, in 1998 and she didn't have starflowers.

You guys Stateside need to stop complaining about ponies ;) You're already making us all jealous xD Seriously, some of us are still waiting for the uni and peg set, and some people have had hardly anything or nothing at all. I think if you don't get  ponies over a holiday season, it gives the rest of us time to catch up...;)

We've been tentatively told that the unipegs and the 2nd rainbows are coming here in June. So I would think Starflower and Pinwheel coming in the summer would make sense. Last year the dates we were given for stuff kept getting pushed back till the US actually got the rainbows first, and it's already happened with these (from Feb originally to June now), so I guess similar will happen here.

The irony is that we were told there were no plans for the CP set originally. And yet. Now, here in the UK, there are hardly any rainbows around. I wonder if the scent thing has meant they've been less popular, given how the US now has scent free ones. But the collector ponies? John Lewis started it, but then Toymaster, then Entertainer (who still have them online), Argos, and now Smyths have the collector ponies. But they're in US boxes and Europe don't seem to have them as well, so maybe the idea we're getting the European distribution isn't entirely correct...? It's all very weird, but much as the CP set are lovely, I am getting a bit fed up with them appearing when you guys have all the pretty stuff. Sigh. Never mind ;) I just need patience.

I don't mind if they don't make flutters. I will be happy just with the uni peg set and the rainbows, unless they do make Powder's set.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: February 23, 2019, 03:53:49 AM »
My friend would have been interested in the second unis and pegs because of Surprise.  But I think he's soured on pony lately.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: February 23, 2019, 09:02:52 AM »
I am making a special trip up to one of the larger TRU stores we have up here in Calgary today... I hope I find some retro ponies!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: February 23, 2019, 09:43:27 AM »

Lovesbabysquirmy I think I remember the set you're talking about. Was it Tyco's Super Dough Butterfly Maker?

Yes!  Yes it was!  :D  Thank you.

Glad I could help. :) I had Tyco's Flower Makin Basket when I was growing up.  I think I still have it.

I'm starting to worry that I may never see the rest of the retro ponies in my area. Only one Target stocks them regularly and the same Collector Ponies have sat on the shelves for months now. There are also several Peachy and Pretty Parlor sets on the shelves.. I've only seen a few unscented Rainbows once and the Unicorns/Pegasus set twice.  I bought 2 sets of the Collector Ponies and can't bring myself to buy more just to get the newer releases out on the shelves.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: February 23, 2019, 03:16:42 PM »
*super pout*  they didn't have anything retro!  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: February 23, 2019, 03:30:25 PM »

Hope you find some soon.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: February 23, 2019, 10:58:25 PM »

I've been checking too and nothing :(

The 5 pack is on sale on the website right now if you haven't bought the Rainbows yet.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 11:00:03 PM by Shy Violet »

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: February 24, 2019, 12:11:18 AM »

Starflower is drawn like that in the comics and the fact file as well. I remember being surprised when I got her, finally, in 1998 and she didn't have starflowers.

She has white petals around her stars in Escape From Catrina too. I think the only place she doesn't have the flowers is on her own real life rump. ^^; And since Basic Fun has been using the original art from the backcards/brochures, I fully expect retro Starflower to have petals on her new packaging and poster too -- confounding a whole new generation. :lol:

There were three(!) Seashells and two Applejacks at my Target, but no Bubbles or Bow Tie. I was glad to see them, but the relative quantities had me scratching my head.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1495 on: February 24, 2019, 12:46:38 AM »
There are two Seashells and two Applejacks in the box they send and one each of the others. :)  Since there are four ponies in the set, but six in a box. ;)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: February 24, 2019, 01:09:06 PM »
I suppose it's possible that they sold out all of one set except a Seashell, then put out another from which they sold Bubbles and Bow Tie right away. That's a lot of pony buying, but that's awesome! (Especially for Bubbles, who I thought would be the shelf-warmer of the bunch.)

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: February 25, 2019, 09:59:36 AM »
UK folks -

my local John Lewis had a (scented versions) Moonstone and 2 Skydancers as of this morning  :)

No-one was around to ask if they were continuing with the line, though.  :pout:

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: February 26, 2019, 07:51:31 PM »
That explains why it took a couple weeks to find a Bow Tie when I could tell they were being restocked. Good to know. I'm just happy we are getting new retro releases as fast as we are (my wallet isn't though).

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: February 27, 2019, 06:27:17 AM »
You know, if Basic Fun is willing to fix the flaws of the Flutter Ponies, maybe they'd be willing to fix the flaws of the Soda Sippins too? It can't hurt to ask right?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal