collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 244101 times)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #1020 on: October 21, 2018, 06:58:36 PM »
I love reading everyone's stories on these new ponies! I am so happy that they are being made!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: October 21, 2018, 08:03:55 PM »
My Rainbow Ponies and Pretty Parlor have arrived, I'm so excited!  I don't know what possessed the makers to make the Rainbows scented, but I'm pleasantly surprised that I like the smell of the ones I've unboxed so far, Parasol, Skydancer, and Windy.  I really like Windy's smell but I can't identify what it's supposed to be.  I know I've read what all their scents are but I forget.  XD

The funny thing is that half of them came in bilingual boxes and half in English only boxes.  I ordered them from Amazon.

I really enjoyed opening the Pretty Parlor.  It's special to me because it was the very first MLP thing I ever got, given to me by my aunt and uncle when I was four years old.  Peachy was an early childhood favorite and will always be special to me.  ^_^

Is it just me, or does it seem that the Rainbows and Peachy have even softer manes and tails than the collector ponies?  It feels so silky and perfect!  The collector ponies hair is good but it seems a little different to me somehow.  Not sure what it is, but it feels different.

I don’t remember noticing with the Rainbows but I did notice with Peachy that she had really nice, soft hair.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: October 21, 2018, 11:27:15 PM »
I think the later released collectors have nicer hair as well.  I can feel the difference between my Butterscotch and Cotton Candy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline SilverLinedStars

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: October 22, 2018, 03:05:29 PM »
Wave 3 finally showed up at my Target last week. I picked myself up a Glory, Medley & Twilight. I really want to find a Moondancer but I haven't seen her out just yet! I'm so happy to have these reproduction ponies!!! It was nice to get a Glory that's white and not some kind of cream color.

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: October 22, 2018, 09:33:06 PM »
Still no wave 3 at any of my local Targets. What I did see however is more collector six ponies back in stock. Most of the retro end caps are also looking like they are not being stocked again and are a mess. I'm hoping they will come in when everything starts being reset for Christmas.

Offline MyLittlePeachy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: October 24, 2018, 06:00:00 PM »
Hello Friends!
I ordered 4 out of the 6 Wave 3 ponies from kaplantoys.com. I saw they were selling them for around 12$ each and there was a 20% off coupon code for Halloween. They arrived pretty quickly and the ponies were in good shape except Firefly has a neck shelf. BUT - here’s the thing, I just saw that they upped the price to $18.95!!!! Maybe they saw how in demand they were! https://www.kaplantoys.com/store/trans/search.asp?tbSearch=My+little+pony&searchButton=

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: October 24, 2018, 06:32:38 PM »
Wave 3 finally showed up at my Target last week. I picked myself up a Glory, Medley & Twilight. I really want to find a Moondancer but I haven't seen her out just yet! I'm so happy to have these reproduction ponies!!! It was nice to get a Glory that's white and not some kind of cream color.
That’s awesome!  ^.^

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: October 24, 2018, 06:49:32 PM »
Hello Friends!
I ordered 4 out of the 6 Wave 3 ponies from kaplantoys.com. I saw they were selling them for around 12$ each and there was a 20% off coupon code for Halloween. They arrived pretty quickly and the ponies were in good shape except Firefly has a neck shelf. BUT - here’s the thing, I just saw that they upped the price to $18.95!!!! Maybe they saw how in demand they were! https://www.kaplantoys.com/store/trans/search.asp?tbSearch=My+little+pony&searchButton=

Oh thank you for sharing with us! I went on there and you can order all six of them! With the coupon the cost came to the same cost as buying them in the store! Oh I will have a full complete set!!!! Thank you again so very much!!! :)

Offline MyLittlePeachy

• Fakie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: October 24, 2018, 07:05:25 PM »
Hello Friends!

Oh thank you for sharing with us! I went on there and you can order all six of them! With the coupon the cost came to the same cost as buying them in the store! Oh I will have a full complete set!!!! Thank you again so very much!!! :)

Aw, of course! :biggrin: I was very happy with the price and the delivery time. I don’t think they notify you when they ship, but I ordered them last Saturday and they arrived today (Friday). I’m very happy for you!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: October 24, 2018, 07:09:42 PM »
Hello Friends!

Aw, of course! :biggrin: I was very happy with the price and the delivery time. I don’t think they notify you when they ship, but I ordered them last Saturday and they arrived today (Friday). I’m very happy for you!

Awesome, I had to make sure they were the right ones cause on the order form it said second release and was like what!!!?? But it said the right ponies in the set that I am looking for! I am excited! Now I need to stop buying for a while! I just bought 92 ponies this month! :) Yes I am selling the extras to hope to make some money back!

Offline MyLittlePeachy

• Fakie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: October 24, 2018, 07:39:36 PM »
Hello Friends!

Awesome, I had to make sure they were the right ones cause on the order form it said second release and was like what!!!?? But it said the right ponies in the set that I am looking for! I am excited! Now I need to stop buying for a while! I just bought 92 ponies this month! :) Yes I am selling the extras to hope to make some money back!

Just realized I thought today was Friday. :blink: It’s been a long week!  I meant Wednesday, lol. 92! That’s impressive!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: October 25, 2018, 10:15:30 AM »
Hello Friends!

Ug. I was so tempted at $12 a piece- I think they jacked them up to $18 to account for the coupon since the total is about the same.

HOLD THE PHONE!  They are offering the set of 6 for $78.95- which makes them $13.15 each-  AND you can use the coupon, so even after tax- the ponies work out to just $11.59 each.

That's not too different than the Target price after Seattle tax-  so I got them! 

Here's the link to the 6 pack:
 https://www.kaplantoys.com/product/147321/retro-my-little-ponies-series-2-set-of-6?c=15%7CKTPP05

« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 10:28:12 AM by Galactica »

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: October 25, 2018, 10:20:53 AM »
Hello Friends!

Ug. I was so tempted at $12 a piece- I think they jacked them up to $18 to account for the coupon since the total is about the same.

I do really want Medely, Firefly and Glory (who were in my original herd) but still even with coupon the total is $50 for just 3 ponies-  should I just get them? THey will eventually be at my Target I'm sure of it... but maybe they won't- is approx $16 worth the price of not having to wait and keep checking?  Probably...  ?

I found a glory 2 weeks ago at target. Give it a little more time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: October 25, 2018, 10:31:27 AM »
Hello Friends!

I do really want Medely, Firefly and Glory (who were in my original herd) but still even with coupon the total is $50 for just 3 ponies-  should I just get them? THey will eventually be at my Target I'm sure of it... but maybe they won't- is approx $16 worth the price of not having to wait and keep checking?  Probably...  ?

I found a glory 2 weeks ago at target. Give it a little more time.

I caved- the price for the 6 pack (with the coupon) is about the same price at Target after tax- so no longer any reason to delay.

I didn't really want Twilight or Sunbeam (I never liked them as a kid - I always thought Sunbeam was snobby, and Twilight seemed to gaudy (lol)) - but it's not like I hate them. I guess I can find homes for them at some point if I don't need them. They are rather cute...  I just am trying to avoid being crushed by a hoard of toys/dolls.  :D

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1034 on: October 25, 2018, 11:57:21 AM »
Hello Friends!

HOLD THE PHONE!  They are offering the set of 6 for $78.95- which makes them $13.15 each-  AND you can use the coupon, so even after tax- the ponies work out to just $11.59 each.

That's not too different than the Target price after Seattle tax-  so I got them! 

Here's the link to the 6 pack:
 https://www.kaplantoys.com/product/147321/retro-my-little-ponies-series-2-set-of-6?c=15%7CKTPP05

I did the same math and came to the same conclusion!  They're about $11 at Target in Seattle (after tax) and about $13 per pony, and even less with the deal--honestly not bad at all!  I ordered them too!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal