collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 244074 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #1005 on: October 17, 2018, 10:59:21 AM »
Does anyone know if the discoloration on the new Ranbows is easily removed or if they are permanently stained and destined for repaint baits?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: October 17, 2018, 02:12:31 PM »
The employee I talked to at Target when I purchased Glory indicated that once all of the Wave 3 ponies that a particular Target has are purchased, an automatic request for more is sent out. Since I *think* we’ve established that the Wave 3 and collector ponies have the same DCPI, this might mean the collectors will have to sell first before Wave 3 is ordered; although since there were collector ponies at the store I found Glory at, maybe right now the shipment could include either collectors or Wave 3.
That would explain why it looked like the Unipegs replaced the collectors at my store, but were back on the shelf after I bought the set. I was considering buying a second Butterscotch to de-box (I've fallen in love with her ahh) for pictures, but now I'll be sure to pick one up at some point to move this set along and get wave 3 back.

That's also explains where the extra Bluebelle I found came from.  I was taking notes on which ponies were on the shelves and for the longest time there were (and still are) 2 Snuzzles and 1 Minty. A few weeks ago a new Bluebelle appeared after most of the unicorn/pegaus set was gone.

I checked my Rainbow ponies today and Starshine and Moonstone are okay. Windy's discoloration doesn't look as bad as I thought it did at first.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #1007 on: October 17, 2018, 04:56:05 PM »
I mean, if anyone is willing to shell out $25 for each, it looks like wave 3 is still on Amazon.
For some reason, Butterscotch is $30 on amazon, too? *grumbles about amazon overpricing all the ponies*

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: October 18, 2018, 11:19:03 AM »
So far my Moonstone who is out of the box is fine, Sky Dancer who's still MIB is also faring well *crosses fingers*. I'm going to Target tomorrow and will report back my findings.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1009 on: October 18, 2018, 11:43:13 AM »
My Rainbow ponies are all okay so far.  They don't get a lot of natural light, I don't know if there's a connection to that or if it's just coincidence.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #1010 on: October 18, 2018, 01:28:43 PM »
Just came back from a Target run. There were two rainbows: Moonstone and Parasol, and neither were discolored. Seven collectors: Butterscotch, Blossom, Bluebelle, Minty x2, Snuzzle x2. No unipegs in sight.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: October 18, 2018, 04:04:57 PM »
I am so Happy! I have a complete set of the Rainbow ponies now! :)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: October 19, 2018, 06:12:32 AM »
I finally found the 3rd wave!  :frolic: I've already posted a review video, link is in my sig. :)

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: October 19, 2018, 06:45:34 AM »
Congrats, Sunset!  :D
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: October 19, 2018, 07:25:00 AM »
I finally found the 3rd wave!  :frolic: I've already posted a review video, link is in my sig. :)
That’s awesome! Did they just appear in your store, and were there any collector ponies or rainbows on the shelf?

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: October 19, 2018, 09:44:08 AM »
That’s awesome! Did they just appear in your store, and were there any collector ponies or rainbows on the shelf?

I was watching Brickseek and saw that we had a new shipment of ponies with the collector code after the last ones sold out.  I found someone stocking in the toy section and showed them the dcpi.  She was nice enough to get them from the back.  I’d done that before and been disappointed with more collector ponies.  But this time I got lucky!

Also, they recently put the retro toys endcap back out after it’s been missing from my store for like 6 months.  They have the Parlor and a whole set of the Rainbows but no spot set aside for collector/uni/peg.  It’ll be interesting to see how that goes.  And I notice it’s in a slightly different spot than in other Target stores I’ve visited. More in the “boy” section than in the “girl” section or straddling the two.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1016 on: October 20, 2018, 06:30:29 AM »
John Lewis this morning was down to two Sunlights, a Skydancer and a Butterscotch (that poor pony has been there ages :/ and there is no price tag for her, even, any more). Last time I was here they had almost 2 full sets of Rainbows on the shelf, so they seem to still be selling - though apparently Sunlight is not so popular now.

I thought they'd taken them down completely for a moment when I walked in, they'd moved them to an end cap.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #1017 on: October 20, 2018, 08:39:38 AM »
It looks like Target's site is going the way of Walmart's and is starting to host 3rd party listings.
Here's a listing for "Retro MLP Series 2"-the unipeg set, for $73.65 shipped by a third party.

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: October 20, 2018, 11:34:18 AM »
I went to Target and they had restocked retro ponies but instead of it being the unicorns/pegasus set there was a full set of Collector ponies :sad:  I'm afraid they might be there for quite a while as I have all of the Collector ponies I need. There were also 3 Pretty Parlors but no Rainbows. My Target has not had Rainbows for the last few weeks.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline RavenPaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: October 21, 2018, 03:53:40 PM »
My Rainbow Ponies and Pretty Parlor have arrived, I'm so excited!  I don't know what possessed the makers to make the Rainbows scented, but I'm pleasantly surprised that I like the smell of the ones I've unboxed so far, Parasol, Skydancer, and Windy.  I really like Windy's smell but I can't identify what it's supposed to be.  I know I've read what all their scents are but I forget.  XD

The funny thing is that half of them came in bilingual boxes and half in English only boxes.  I ordered them from Amazon.

I really enjoyed opening the Pretty Parlor.  It's special to me because it was the very first MLP thing I ever got, given to me by my aunt and uncle when I was four years old.  Peachy was an early childhood favorite and will always be special to me.  ^_^

Is it just me, or does it seem that the Rainbows and Peachy have even softer manes and tails than the collector ponies?  It feels so silky and perfect!  The collector ponies hair is good but it seems a little different to me somehow.  Not sure what it is, but it feels different.
~RavenPaw

Av base by Lady-Cybercat.  Sig base by MoogleyMog

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal