collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 244048 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #975 on: October 10, 2018, 08:40:53 AM »
I got a reply back on the letter I sent to the manager of my local Target, begging him to order the Unicorn / Pegasus set manually (since it apparently has the same DPCI as the Collector set.)  Very polite and friendly letter, but what it boiled down to is . . . because the DPCI is the same # on the two sets, even the stores can't 'request' one set or the other.  They just send in an order for the DPCI # and what they get, they get.

"Because they share the same DPCI we have no way of knowing what will be shipped to us and don't have the ability to specifically order the product in. The best advice I can give is to routinely visit to see if there is any new shipment in that includes the Unicorn/Pegasus set - and we are always happy to check and see if we have additional stock in the back."

Maaaan, and I was so hoping the set would magically appear on the shelves in time to use the Target toy coupon!  Well, maybe they still will . . . I am going to keep checking back.

Oh disappointing.  Well, at least the manager knows there is interest. That's got to count for something.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Moonstones are getting worse by the day and I have noticed them missing on few Finnish online stores,
meaning Bridge Direct is doing something about them?

Oh no, she looks terrible!  Mine still looks exactly the same-  I bet they just end up pulling this pony from the line. I doubt they'll try to fix so late in production, it takes 6 months to get something through, sometimes longer if the container is delayed from China...

Was yours in sunlight at all? Exposed to UV?  You say "Moonstones" are you aware of others as discolored as yours?

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: October 10, 2018, 08:42:37 AM »

Moonstones are getting worse by the day and I have noticed them missing on few Finnish online stores,
meaning Bridge Direct is doing something about them?

I looked at mine and I see a spot on it that is starting to change color! I just bought it a about a month ago!

Offline Carolina-chan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy 'Stache blog
« Reply #977 on: October 10, 2018, 11:10:09 AM »
Oh no, she looks terrible!  Mine still looks exactly the same-  I bet they just end up pulling this pony from the line. I doubt they'll try to fix so late in production, it takes 6 months to get something through, sometimes longer if the container is delayed from China...

Was yours in sunlight at all? Exposed to UV?  You say "Moonstones" are you aware of others as discolored as yours?

No no, I checked two different stores and all of their Moonstones have gone yellow. :/

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: October 10, 2018, 11:23:28 AM »
I bet it has something to do with the smell that is on them.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #979 on: October 10, 2018, 11:30:32 AM »
I kept my Rainbows too close to my AC so the scent is no longer on them. I haven't noticed any change in their plastic, perhaps it helped somehow?

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: October 10, 2018, 11:55:00 AM »
yes typical scented pony vinyl discolouration :(
i was worried that might happen. thanks for the heads up, i won't be buying moonie now :(

ps
Cotton On AUS and NZ only have 4 rainbows, i wonder if its because of that coding they have, they don't know what they are getting until they open the boxes.
sadly no skydancer  :sad: the only one i was mad on getting, hopfully they will get the others in soon before christmas, they are the only ones in NZ who are selling them. then you have silly fishpond selling them for like $70 - $90 each.  :mad: but with free shipping. yay. not.

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: October 10, 2018, 02:01:03 PM »
*runs off to check on her Rainbows* 

hmmmm my Starshine and Moonstone still seem perfectly fine.  *crosses hooves*  they also smell very nice still!

Do you keep yours in a dark room or does it get any sunlight at all?  Mine are almost always in the dark because they are in my bedroom and I pretty much only sleep there and we only have a low-intensity lamp by the bed...

Maybe some of them were exposed to high heat when they were being transported from China or in warehouses.... :(  sad, so sad...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: October 10, 2018, 04:57:44 PM »
I checked my Rainbows also. Moonstone and Starshine are okay but my Windy has faint yellow discoloration around her neck. :sad:  I’m pretty sure that it wasn’t there when I bought her. All my Rainbows ponies have been stored in my closet still MIB and the boxes wrapped up in plastic shopping bags to further protect them. The only sunlight mine were exposed to was walking from the store to the car and taking them out of the car and inside.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #983 on: October 10, 2018, 11:33:59 PM »
I saw it very badly on a Parasol in store a few weeks ago.

My Moonstone is at home...she came from a bilingual box so may not have the issue but she was fine last I saw her.

The Starshine I bought for sister has some light discoloration. Sister knows this and is fine with it, she's not that fussy and it's only faint at the moment. The other one in store also had this issue.

I have 2 Windys at the moment back home, one of which I will debox. I am waiting to see in Nov when I go home whether either has discoloured...which will probably help me decide which to debox...one is in bilingual box and one in English.

Right now my biggest worry is that if basic fun get lots of complaints about discolouring rainbows they might stop the line, so if people are contacting them about this, please be constructive ;) Ponies are great, less scenting please...

I have to say the collector ponies are really lovely quality though. And since they're not scented I'm hoping for similar from wave 3 - anyone confirm their quality?

@Shabbychicdee - I'm sure someone can grab you a Skydancer somewhere for cheaper than that even WITH shipping O.o. That's crazy. It is strange they aren't included as here on shelves Skydancer seems the least popular and Moonstone the most...O.o. But it might just be distribution. I have yet to see a whole complete set of either release on shelves in any store. I think they are coming in boxes of 6 here, I assume anyway - but it was a mite suspicious to go into John Lewis and see 2 of most every rainbow but no Moonstones. Either she sold super quick or she didn't arrive...o.o. Even more weirdly she was the only Rainbow they had in the other John Lewis in central London last time I went...so I wonder if boxes are actually being split up.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 12:37:47 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #984 on: October 11, 2018, 10:43:50 AM »
I was in another Target yesterday and they had all of the rainbows. I thought about getting them for someone on the board, but there is so much going on right now it is a bit crazy. They had the whole set, but no unis or pegs.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #985 on: October 11, 2018, 12:59:43 PM »
Just stopped by my Target for a snack, and they actually haven't had the unipegs since I bought them. Had Collectors and rainbows. I didn't think to check for discoloration, but I'm surprised there are as many Collectors as there are, still.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: October 11, 2018, 01:14:37 PM »
I wonder if the discoloration is in part because of the plastic packaging.  I bought some pretty turquoise vinyl piggy banks from TRU a few years ago and left them in the plastic wrap until I had a chance to paint them.  Well, when I pulled them out of the box I'd put them in (in the closet so no exposure to sunlight), they had discolored to kind of an ugly yellowy teal color so now they'll need full repaints instead of just cute critters on the side like I'd originally planned.  And they don't seem to have discolored further after removing them from the plastic they came in.  I wasn't sure if it was something like plasticizer leakage inside the plastic wrapping or just because the plastic in the wrapping was different than the plastic of the bank and there was chemical reaction thing going on.  Does anyone have a Moonstone that discolored after they opened it or is it only with MIB ponies?

I am sad that Moonstone is showing up discolored because Moonstone and Parasol were the two Rainbows that I haven't been able to find yet.  Also still haven't seen Cotton Candy or any of the Uni/Peg set.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 01:19:06 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: October 11, 2018, 02:01:10 PM »
There's a Moonstone at one of my Targets with that discoloration as well as the top of her ringed planet displaced.  I am wondering if it's the scent oil.

Something I saw last week was a little girl with her dad looking at the retro ponies.  Unfortunately, she didn't get Parasol because she didn't like her scent, she wanted Skydancer (the yellow one as she called her) but she wasn't there.  I think that goes to show these classic ponies aren't just being bought by collectors but by little kids (or more accurately their parents) as well.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline 1983Baby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: October 11, 2018, 06:11:29 PM »
Has anyone found the Uni & Peg ponies in the NYC area.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: October 11, 2018, 06:31:02 PM »
It will be interesting to see how the rainbows hold up to ageing because of they're scented. My best friend who was born just as G1 was wrapping up in the States even knows about the reissues. And she's not a MLP person, said she was more of a Breyer kid. :lol: So it seems these are catching the eyes of non-collectors which I think is great.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal