collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 244009 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #960 on: October 07, 2018, 06:36:06 AM »
Yeah, I honestly think retro Cotton Candy is much prettier than actual 80s Cotton Candy, and I say that as someone who had CC as a kid.  :P  She is just so vibrant and pleasant to look at.

Butterscotch sells consistently here.  The pony who gets left the most is, weirdly, Blossom.  But that's not entirely consistent either, sometimes the whole set will be gone except a lone Blue Belle or Snuzzle.

Minty gets snapped up immediately, like CC.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: October 07, 2018, 07:09:42 AM »
Where I live poor Snuzzle seems to be the last Collector pony to be bought from the set. When I checked yesterday there were 2 Snuzzles (one is damaged in the box and might have been returned) 1 Blubelle and 1 Minty.  Minty was the first retro pony I got so I’m always a little surprised to see her left behind.

I haven’t seen any Rainbows for a few weeks since my Target started stocking the unicorn/pegasus set but I only saw Parasol and Windy a few times. Skydancer was usually the pony left when the rest of her set had sold.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: October 07, 2018, 09:01:57 AM »
Snuzzel is the shelf sitter around here, Cotton Candy and Minty are the popular ones here. All the rainbows seem to be selling well with Moonstone and Starshine being the popular ones. Didn’t expect to find mine when I did. Fully agree with the color schemes and packaging. There’s soothing
and dreamy about the presentation.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: October 07, 2018, 01:17:15 PM »
Yeah, I honestly think retro Cotton Candy is much prettier than actual 80s Cotton Candy, and I say that as someone who had CC as a kid.  :P  She is just so vibrant and pleasant to look at.
Yes, I agree. Basic Fun did a lovely job with her colors. It makes me happy to think of little girls out there who get to play with her :) Windy, also, looks prettier than her 80s version in my opinion.

Moonstone on the other hand. I mean, she is beautiful. But she's the one that's always missing when I go to stores. Even at John Lewis the other day when they'd clearly just restocked recently 2 whole sets of Rainbows, there was no Moonstone. Only one Parasol (yay for pink!) but no Moonstone at all.

Is she the popular one in other places?
I wonder if Moonstone is selling so well because she's the first unicorn most consumers have seen in this 35th anniv. set.? Moonstone and Windy, of course, who I don't usually find, either.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: October 07, 2018, 01:20:04 PM »
All the Rainbow ponies seem to have about the same level of popularity where I am.  No real pattern in who is left on the shelves.

Cotton Candy sells FAST, which I guess goes to show that ponies don't need a recognizable symbol to be popular, as long as they're pink.  :P

I keep saying, she's the true ancestor of Pinkie Pie :P

The Retro CC is really pretty though. She's a nice shade of pink and her hair is lovely. I can see why she grabs attention, too, as the green/blue box sets off the pink. The problem with current packaging is there's too much pink purple all over the place. If you really want to have a pink toy make an impression, don't package it in pink.

Same in my opinion actually goes for Butterscotch, as she works really nicely in the green packaging. She's also a gorgeous colour. I don't understand why she's not more popular, but meh. People are weird.

One other really odd observation about John Lewis. They have zero G4 ponies. None. Just Retros. :)

Some people might be put off by Butterscotch's gold hair color. The caramel brown looks much better, then just another all yellow pony.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #965 on: October 07, 2018, 01:44:58 PM »
Windy has been quite scarce here too, actually. I did pick one up here and she was in the restock when I went the other day (whereas Moonstone wasn't) so I feel that Moonie is getting more attention. But it just dawned on me that there's been quite a lot of promotional merch in Primark and stuff here featuring Rainbows - Starshine (who I didn't find at all until this last week), Moonstone and Windy in particular. I wonder if that is responsible for their being quicker to sell...Moonstone and Starshine are especially focused on in all of this.

I think so was Snuzzle for a while. And she isn't shelf-sitting here. I've only seen her once. Whereas JL in Oxford Street had THREE Bluebelles, which says a lot for her popularity with people in the tourist area of London ;) I hope that some tourists came and gave them all good homes!

I actually like retro Butterscotch's colouring more, I think. Although I have a really vibrant G1 one back home (sadly suffering from irreparable hair decay thanks to too much product being used in her past life) and she has quite stunning colours. Most others for me are a little dull...sorry Hasbro xD. I never was a fan of the Collector Ponies (any of them, to be honest) in the original release, I like most of the retros better (the exception maybe being Blossom, because she's just a little TOO purple to be Blossom somehow).
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #966 on: October 07, 2018, 02:46:18 PM »
I thought I mentioned how pretty 35th anniversary Butterscotch is also. :)  She was the one I immediately regretted leaving behind when I bought Minty and was my 2nd 35th anniversary pony.

Ponyfan

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: October 08, 2018, 03:34:17 AM »
Currently being sold in NZ & Australia in Cotton on KIDS. They are about $14.99 AUD!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: October 08, 2018, 07:20:26 AM »
Currently being sold in NZ & Australia in Cotton on KIDS. They are about $14.99 AUD!

Glad to hear they're showing up there.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: October 08, 2018, 07:59:48 AM »
Yeah that's about how much the prices are at TRU are in Canada...  EB Games charged $19.99 CAD for their Collectors Ponies...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: October 08, 2018, 11:07:50 AM »
All the Rainbow ponies seem to have about the same level of popularity where I am.  No real pattern in who is left on the shelves.

Cotton Candy sells FAST, which I guess goes to show that ponies don't need a recognizable symbol to be popular, as long as they're pink.  :P

It could be residual pink love- by that I mean Cotton Candy was my FIRST My little Pony ever- and maybe because I loved Pink as a lil girl.  That is why Cotton Candy was the 1st Retro I was sure to get back.  I had to pick one or else get them all...   

Of course I did have to get all the Rainbows. I mean, RAINBOWS!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: October 09, 2018, 06:17:41 AM »
I liked retro Butterscotch's golden hair better than the 80s Butterscotchs with the brown-caramel hair.

I do have one 80s Butterscotch who has golden hair that is close to the retro's hair (maybe a smidge darker).  I assume she's from one of the Collector ponies' many many mail order releases. ;) All the others I've seen (be they concave or flat foot) have had the caramel-brown hair.

So, in case people don't know, Target has toy-related coupons this week!  $10 off Toy & Game purchases of $50 or more, or $25 off Toy/Game purchases of $100 or more.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #972 on: October 09, 2018, 01:41:49 PM »
I’ve checked several Walmart stores and haven’t seen the anniversary ponies.

Ponyfan

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: October 09, 2018, 06:54:06 PM »
I got a reply back on the letter I sent to the manager of my local Target, begging him to order the Unicorn / Pegasus set manually (since it apparently has the same DPCI as the Collector set.)  Very polite and friendly letter, but what it boiled down to is . . . because the DPCI is the same # on the two sets, even the stores can't 'request' one set or the other.  They just send in an order for the DPCI # and what they get, they get.

"Because they share the same DPCI we have no way of knowing what will be shipped to us and don't have the ability to specifically order the product in. The best advice I can give is to routinely visit to see if there is any new shipment in that includes the Unicorn/Pegasus set - and we are always happy to check and see if we have additional stock in the back."

Maaaan, and I was so hoping the set would magically appear on the shelves in time to use the Target toy coupon!  Well, maybe they still will . . . I am going to keep checking back.

Offline Carolina-chan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy 'Stache blog
« Reply #974 on: October 10, 2018, 08:14:05 AM »

Moonstones are getting worse by the day and I have noticed them missing on few Finnish online stores,
meaning Bridge Direct is doing something about them?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal