collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 243999 times)

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #900 on: September 28, 2018, 09:03:57 PM »
Taking a chance that Brick Seek had been giving me the finger, at least at the Target I shop at. I  made a Target run and found an entire set of rainbows. Picked up Sky Flyer because she was my childhood rainbow pony.

Of the ones I smelled, Sky Dancer and Sunlight had the strongest smell. >_< Both to me smell like generic laundry soap. Am going to debox and air out Sky Dance, hopefully, that will ditch the scent.  Was going to pass on these but it seems one can work around the scent gimmick.

They also had the set of unicorns/pegasus, once again Brick Seek saying no dice for my location. Those were put onto the shelf in the little kid's toys. Though there wasn't a shelf tag, probably just dropped them off. They had an entire set of those.

I'm in northern Cali.

If you air them out, the scent will die down to something more tolerable. The Sunny Scents were never this potent.

Thanks, yeah I remember the Sunny Scents not being this bad. Also, I noticed after I originally wrote it. Sky Flyer instead of Sky Dancer. Lol! I should know better, it was a pony brain fart.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: September 29, 2018, 08:28:35 AM »
Taking a chance that Brick Seek had been giving me the finger, at least at the Target I shop at. I  made a Target run and found an entire set of rainbows. Picked up Sky Flyer because she was my childhood rainbow pony.

Of the ones I smelled, Sky Dancer and Sunlight had the strongest smell. >_< Both to me smell like generic laundry soap. Am going to debox and air out Sky Dance, hopefully, that will ditch the scent.  Was going to pass on these but it seems one can work around the scent gimmick.

They also had the set of unicorns/pegasus, once again Brick Seek saying no dice for my location. Those were put onto the shelf in the little kid's toys. Though there wasn't a shelf tag, probably just dropped them off. They had an entire set of those.

I'm in northern Cali.

If you air them out, the scent will die down to something more tolerable. The Sunny Scents were never this potent.

Thanks, yeah I remember the Sunny Scents not being this bad. Also, I noticed after I originally wrote it. Sky Flyer instead of Sky Dancer. Lol! I should know better, it was a pony brain fart.

We all have them. :)
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: September 29, 2018, 11:24:44 AM »
 found another full set of the unicorn/pegasus ponies today with an extra Medley left from the first set that Target got. I bought 3 of the first set. The 2 Snuzzles and 1 Minty were still on the shelves and there were no Rainbow ponies.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: September 29, 2018, 11:54:17 AM »
There was one lone Snuzzle and that was it from the original set. So I put her back next to the rainbow ponies cause she'd gotten lost in the Lego section. Or maybe she likes them like Minty collects socks.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #904 on: September 29, 2018, 01:15:40 PM »
There was one lone Snuzzle and that was it from the original set. So I put her back next to the rainbow ponies cause she'd gotten lost in the Lego section. Or maybe she likes them like Minty collects socks.

She was going on a Toy Story adventure. She's secretly Buzz Lightyear's sidekick.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: September 30, 2018, 08:44:31 PM »
Do you think we'll get another playset?

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: September 30, 2018, 08:49:36 PM »
I'd guess/hope it would be one a year.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: September 30, 2018, 09:48:38 PM »
I'd guess/hope it would be one a year.

Which ones do you think/hope we might get? Waterfall Playset or Dream Castle could be cool. Although I for one, would love to see the Show Stable, or the Lullaby Nursery.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 01, 2018, 06:28:34 AM »
I just don’t know that the stores are going to want to provide the space for a large play set.  My Target can hardly be bothered to find space for the ponies themselves.  The waterfall might be a possibility since it could be broken down into a similar sized box as the Pretty Parlor.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: October 01, 2018, 07:38:59 AM »
I just don’t know that the stores are going to want to provide the space for a large play set.  My Target can hardly be bothered to find space for the ponies themselves.  The waterfall might be a possibility since it could be broken down into a similar sized box as the Pretty Parlor.

Oh I'm sure some Targets can. The one closest to us carries playsets. The Spirit Riding Free Stable is sizable. There are several dollhouses of varying sizes, including a new Jumbo sized Barbie playhouse that is a little taller then my waist. (I'm 5'1)  the Pretty Parlor, shopkins playsets, Calico Critters.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: October 01, 2018, 07:54:44 AM »
It's probably an academic answer from me since apparently they can't get the certification even for the Parlour here! But I would be surprised to have any bigger playset. A nice display one would be the Waterfall...but then the original was so delicate, would they want to risk it?

I suppose they might do Dream Castle as a piece de resistance of the line - but I'm not sure. The Grooming Parlour is easy and small and compact. Other than the other parlour/BMBB and the Kitchen (not in the US and full of tiny fiddly bits), there aren't any others that really fit those categories.

School of Dance is the only one that might work in that vein...?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #911 on: October 01, 2018, 07:56:05 AM »
I think the Baby Buggy and Waterfall are possibilities because they are relatively small.  IMO stores aren't going to want to carry any box much larger than the Pretty Parlor's box.

Obviously the purple Pretty Parlor is a possibility too, but that would be rather unexciting, LOL.  I would love it if they did the Kitchen or the Schoolhouse.

Edit:  Oh yeah, the School of Dance isn't that big, that would be cool.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 01, 2018, 07:57:54 AM »
Ooh, forgot the buggy. I think that's a possible if they wanted another playset that's compact.

Personally I'd like the strollers. I still haven't got a good upgrade for my Baby Lemon Drop one :/ And it would be lovely to have a gift set with Mother and Baby Lemon Drop and the stroller, and ditto for Bow Tie and that one...even in the US where the babies didn't release, I think it would be a success :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 01, 2018, 08:36:22 AM »

Oh I'm sure some Targets can. The one closest to us carries playsets. The Spirit Riding Free Stable is sizable. There are several dollhouses of varying sizes, including a new Jumbo sized Barbie playhouse that is a little taller then my waist. (I'm 5'1)  the Pretty Parlor, shopkins playsets, Calico Critters.

I didn’t mean playsets in general.  I meant playsets for a niche line like retro toys.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 01, 2018, 08:39:22 AM »

I didn’t mean playsets in general.  I meant playsets for a niche line like retro toys.

A playset is a playset. Retro or otherwise.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal