collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 243992 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #840 on: September 17, 2018, 08:01:28 AM »
My John Lewis doesn't have them yet, either (at least they didn't last time I checked - have to go back there soon for another look!). I'm wondering if they're only available in the South right now.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 17, 2018, 05:23:05 PM »
I have a friend that’s not really in to ponies but when she saw my pics of the unicorn/pegasus ponies she said she wanted Moondancer. Moondancer was one of her childhood ponies. :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline aria_elwen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 17, 2018, 05:35:45 PM »
Hee! Well at least Starshine isn't by herself in her unusual box.   :P

If I ever manage to escape Plymouth Carrehz I'll try and have a look in the Toymaster's and John Lewis down here, but I'll be honest I'm not holding my breath. If something has managed to escape past Bristol I'll be amazed.

For those who are in the know though, any idea where I'd find them in those shops? Are they being placed near the G4 or elsewhere?

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #843 on: September 18, 2018, 01:26:45 AM »
Hee! Well at least Starshine isn't by herself in her unusual box.   :P

If I ever manage to escape Plymouth Carrehz I'll try and have a look in the Toymaster's and John Lewis down here, but I'll be honest I'm not holding my breath. If something has managed to escape past Bristol I'll be amazed.

For those who are in the know though, any idea where I'd find them in those shops? Are they being placed near the G4 or elsewhere?

In my local John Lewis they are in the middle of the toy section but there are no G4s around them. I am not even sure if that John Lewis sells G4, actually. In the Toymaster affiliate in Epsom they were alongside the G4 at child eye level. But they only had the Collector Ponies.

Will be interesting if it's just the South East so far or if it's wider across the south. I may be in Birmingham some time this week (not sure yet), and if so I will try and check the JL there.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 18, 2018, 12:57:58 PM »
I have a friend that’s not really in to ponies but when she saw my pics of the unicorn/pegasus ponies she said she wanted Moondancer. Moondancer was one of her childhood ponies. :)

Ponyfan

I have a feeling a lot of these ponies will be purchased spur of the moment by people who had those ponies as a kid-

I mean even my older sister, who does NOT collect anything, was thrilled to see the classic ponies and excited to get "Minty" (her first pony).

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 18, 2018, 04:56:45 PM »
Does anyone have John Lewis' item code (or w/e it's called, I'm sure there's a more specific name but heck if I can think of it right now XD) for the collector ponies, please? <3

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: September 19, 2018, 01:53:08 AM »
The number I have on my receipt for Windy is S 78522002.

I can't find Butterscotch 's receipt at the moment. It probably got junked in my move. I bought Minty the other day but her receipt was using the Rainbow code discounted as the cp set code has vanished from the shelf.

They don't seem to be on the site. Staff at my store always have to go check the number on shelf and have actually now taken a photo of it.

It comes up on the receipt as 'character toy'.
I don't know if any of that helped but if the Rainbow number is at all similar to the us one it might be possible to figure it out.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 01:58:26 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #847 on: September 19, 2018, 07:45:44 AM »
The collectors pose ponies have disappeared from the shelf.
The Target worker said the DPCIs for the individual unipegs are online only, and I don't mind making an order if they do come up as in stock online. Saves me the stress of waiting and looking.  :P I wish there were individual dpcis for each SET for in store stock.

Sig by Starscout <3

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #848 on: September 19, 2018, 08:43:34 AM »
I live on the east coast and there have been no sign of the Rainbow Ponies or the characters from the pilot episodes at Target in this area... Are there any other east coasters that have seen them? I checked with two cities and no luck.  :pout:
The pilot episode characters? Do you mean the unicorns and pegasi?
I'm around the Philadelphia suburbs area and the Rainbow Ponies are around, they just fly off the shelves. I'd try calling and asking for the scented ones to see if there are any before heading in. I recently finished my set, but it took a few weeks.

Sig by Starscout <3

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #849 on: September 19, 2018, 09:50:46 AM »
Lol I was just lamenting over us not getting them and I went to Target to get lunch and I now have all 6 unipegs.  :P
Looks like they put them where the collectors pose ponies were. Did anyone notice the CP and unipegs occupying the same space?

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 19, 2018, 10:11:28 AM »
My closest Target has put all the collectors ponies low in the corner of a shelf full of modern games.  Not on the end cap, and not with the G4 ponies.  And they made it worse because the room allowed was only one box wide.  No one is going to find them there.  I had to ask... and I pointed out how hard they were to find.

Personally, I would have a giant lighted arrow pointing at them with text that says, "Get your ponies here!"  What are they thinking?
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 19, 2018, 10:27:35 AM »

Personally, I would have a giant lighted arrow pointing at them with text that says, "Get your ponies here!"  What are they thinking?

If they did that in John Lewis it would be so helpful. I already can't navigate, and the shop is unnecessarily complicated, with many floors and escalators and link bridges and so on. I am sure I would look less like a shifty shoplifter doubling back on myself and walking round in circles trying to find the toy section if there was glowing signage :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 19, 2018, 03:13:57 PM »
So, update. I found one Skydancer and one very smudged Moonstone at Target. I checked with someone there and they said they just got them in and they were the only two they ever saw. I honestly thought they got them in sets, but it seems that's not always the case.

I think it more likely the employees don't know what they're talking about or just gave you an answer that could have technically been true- if they were not the one who stocked the toys. But the ponies all come in boxes that fit six ponies. 

Unless someone bought the ponies at another Target and returned them at your Target, which seems very unlikely...

I think we will all see more once they stop selling out so instantly...

Offline 1983Baby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 19, 2018, 05:07:35 PM »
I live on the east coast and there have been no sign of the Rainbow Ponies or the characters from the pilot episodes at Target in this area... Are there any other east coasters that have seen them? I checked with two cities and no luck.  :pout:

I’m from New Jersey and have found the rainbow ponies. I haven’t found Wave 3 yet.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #854 on: September 19, 2018, 06:29:06 PM »
For those of you who have found the unicorn / pegasus set, are all three sets now available at your stores?  Or did they discontinue the Collector or Rainbows when they switched in the unicorn / pegasus set?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal