collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 247587 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #765 on: September 07, 2018, 07:25:36 AM »
Wow, is an individual Target allowed to set its own price like that?  You're in the US, right?  Not Canada or something?  Honestly I think you should complain to the store about it.   I haven't heard of them getting marked up like that at any other Target.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 07, 2018, 07:57:32 AM »
I wonder if there was some kind of mixup at the factory and the wrong boxes went to the wrong places.

I’ve been wondering that too as it seems like the bilingual boxes would be meant for countries outside the US and the English only boxes for the US.
My sweet boyfriend snagged me Moonstone. He was supposed to wait until I could give him the cash.

Of course Target is overpricing crap as usual. Nearly 16 bucks for 1 pony after sales tax? When I could get them in the single digits on ebay? Screw that! I thanked him and told him I'll get the rest on Amazon. Heh I owe him $ for Moonstone though.

At my Target all of the anniversary ponies have been $10.81 including tax.  They shouldn’t be almost $16.  I think the Parlor and Peachy is $19.99  I think the only items each  Target store is allowed to set their own prices on is clearance items.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 07, 2018, 08:18:56 AM »
My sweet boyfriend snagged me Moonstone. He was supposed to wait until I could give him the cash.

Of course Target is overpricing crap as usual. Nearly 16 bucks for 1 pony after sales tax? When I could get them in the single digits on ebay? Screw that! I thanked him and told him I'll get the rest on Amazon. Heh I owe him $ for Moonstone though.

Yikes, how much is your Target selling them for/how much is your sales tax?? The sales tax in my city is 9.9% so one 35th anniversary pony ends up being $10.98, with the price before tax being $9.99. How on Earth are you having to pay almost $16?

I don't know. I haven't set foot in a Target in forever, its cray-cray. I'm just going off what he told me. That poor man. TrU certainly didn't sell the 35th CPs for that much.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 08:22:52 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 07, 2018, 10:06:41 AM »
3rd wave of ponies have hit Targets here in Georgia, USA.  Just Glory left, someone else got the others.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 07, 2018, 03:11:42 PM »
I keep dropping by Target, hoping to find the Unicorns / Pegasi.  No luck on that front yet, but I spotted the bilingual Rainbow pony packaging today!

Also the Rainbow ponies are selling out FAST.  Monday they had all the Rainbow ponies except Sunlight (single-language boxes);  by today, two days later, all those ponies had sold out AND they only had three of the bilingual package Rainbows left (Sunlight, Parasol, and Windy).

Good to hear!  That means they are more likely to get to the unicorns and pegasus faster!

Offline Magicharp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Playing music on my harp named Grover!
    • View Profile
    • The Punisher's Harp
« Reply #770 on: September 07, 2018, 05:46:02 PM »
Believe it or not, I found a few Retro collector ponies at Meijers today. I found Blue Belle and Minty, the only two ponies that are in stock at Meijers thus far. I honestly hope that Meijers will stock up on more retro MLP soon. I'm way too eager to buy more and more retro ponies as days go by and the holiday shopping gets closer by the week. 
"One Batch. Two Batch. Penny and Dime." - Frank Castle

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 07, 2018, 08:00:33 PM »
Because of Magicharp's tip I was able to get the two from wave1 I was pining for! Minty and Snuzzle, and I already had Butterscotch  <33

eeeeeeeeeee Now I need the two unicorns and Starshine from W2.

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 07, 2018, 08:26:18 PM »
Believe it or not, I found a few Retro collector ponies at Meijers today. I found Blue Belle and Minty, the only two ponies that are in stock at Meijers thus far. I honestly hope that Meijers will stock up on more retro MLP soon. I'm way too eager to buy more and more retro ponies as days go by and the holiday shopping gets closer by the week.

Congrats! Are they still ringing up as "hand held games" or did Meijer eventually fix that? :lol:

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 07, 2018, 08:40:03 PM »
Congrats! Are they still ringing up as "hand held games" or did Meijer eventually fix that? :lol:
Lol, "hand held games" is kind of accurate!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 07, 2018, 11:46:25 PM »

I think it will be a while until they get the Rainbows or Unicorn and Pegasus ones. The fact that no other store in the US got the Collector Ponies until after the Rainbows came out kinda points to Target having some kind of first sale exclusivity.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #775 on: September 08, 2018, 02:19:38 AM »
I should mention...

I don't know if Collector Ponies are coming out in continental Europe as well as the Rainbows.

Just wanted to say that if not, and there's a collector pony someone in Europe is looking for, I'm happy to pick one up if John Lewis has it for cost (£9.99) and shipping. I figure it's probably cheaper for Europeans to get from the UK while we're still in the single market, because of no custom fees. I'm not sure I can ship whole sets of 6, but I'm happy to look for individual ponies if anyone over there is desperate and can't get them any other way. Ditto I guess the Rainbows if they're not in your country, though I sort of think they will be in more countries by the end of this month/start of next for the Christmas season.

I'd say the same for other non EU countries too but suspect with custom fees it's probably cheaper to just get from the US, where the retail price is less...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 08, 2018, 09:25:26 AM »

XD
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 08, 2018, 10:50:57 AM »
I went back to the same Target today that had a full set of Rainbows in bilingual boxes last week. I didn't find any unicorn/pegaus ponies but my Target had another full set of Rainbow ponies. This time in English only boxes. :lol:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #778 on: September 08, 2018, 02:38:38 PM »
Someone in IG offered to pick me up the last two rainbows I need. Thank goodness, seems like my store doesn't plan on getting rainbows in soon, and they've been sold out for over two weeks.  :whew:
Is anyone looking for any collectors ponies still? Within the US?

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #779 on: September 08, 2018, 02:40:19 PM »
I'm so glad these are selling well, but then I imagine how much the market is going to be flooded with them in three or four years time  ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal