collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 244014 times)

Offline Carolina-chan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy 'Stache blog
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #735 on: September 04, 2018, 10:47:49 AM »
Aside France and now the UK, are these showing up (the wave 1 and/or 2) in stores anywhere else in Europe? Germany for example? Since they seem to be part of the autumn/winter catalogue/wave/release thing here, I'm just wondering whether any other European countries have started to see them on shelves?

Nope, not here, but I also think we still have to wait 'till next month. Lame.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 04, 2018, 12:02:22 PM »
Based on the number of people finding the Rainbows in bilingual boxes it seems that the bilingual boxes are going to be more common than the English only boxes (but that is just a guess) I still wonder why they changed boxes so quickly in the US. Could the first shipment/set of Rainbows sold so well that Bridge Direct/Basic Fun had to make another production run like they did with the collector ponies?

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #737 on: September 04, 2018, 12:05:44 PM »
So I'm not sure what is happening in Canada, but the bilingual boxes definitely started off in France...

Query - has anyone found bilingual boxes for the Collector Ponies??
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 04, 2018, 01:27:02 PM »
Yeah, it seems like there are definitely more bilingual-boxed Rainbows on the shelves around here than English-only. Which is fine with me, since I prefer them, but it is sort of surprising that they blew through the first "batch" that quickly.

I haven't seen bilingual boxes for the CPs yet, but there has been a small change to the latest packaging. The comb is on the right now, and the ribbon and poster are no longer advertised (but they're still present inside the box).

(IDK why Minty is the shelf-warmer at my Target, but the toy scalpers in my area don't seem to care for green ponies. They're always the last to go.)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 01:30:21 PM by BlushingBlue »

Offline 1983Baby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 04, 2018, 03:02:45 PM »
Yeah, it seems like there are definitely more bilingual-boxed Rainbows on the shelves around here than English-only. Which is fine with me, since I prefer them, but it is sort of surprising that they blew through the first "batch" that quickly.

I haven't seen bilingual boxes for the CPs yet, but there has been a small change to the latest packaging. The comb is on the right now, and the ribbon and poster are no longer advertised (but they're still present inside the box).

(IDK why Minty is the shelf-warmer at my Target, but the toy scalpers in my area don't seem to care for green ponies. They're always the last to go.)

Is it me or are those Minty’s different colors?

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 04, 2018, 03:06:33 PM »
They definitely are. So nice to see Basic fun accurately reflecting real g1 ponies - with crazy package logic, factory flaws and unexplained batch differences that will leave collectors debating about fading for generations to come!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 04, 2018, 03:23:52 PM »
Thanks Taffeta.  I was trying to remember where the first bilingual Rainbow boxes showed up.  :) I figured that the bilingual boxes would be marketed more for Europe/Canada so the fact that we're seeing so many in the US all of a sudden surprises me. I don't mind the bilingual boxes at all, just find it an interesting as although we do get some items in the US packaged in multiple language boxes I've never seen it displayed so promiminetly before on boxes that came from the US.

Thanks for the pics of the different packaging BlushingBlue. It's neat seeing them together like that. I see the color difference in the Mintys too. The one in the middle looks the greenest to me.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 04, 2018, 05:59:55 PM »
The Rainbow ponies I found in Canada had bilingual boxes. They’re completely sold out at my local store currently. There are still collector ponies still on the shelves. I was checking today to see if the third wave might have come in. No sign of it though.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 04, 2018, 06:19:51 PM »
They definitely are. So nice to see Basic fun accurately reflecting real g1 ponies - with crazy package logic, factory flaws and unexplained batch differences that will leave collectors debating about fading for generations to come!
lol XD

Offline Kiwichi

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 04, 2018, 07:28:53 PM »
With all the bilingual mlp rainbows showing up on us shelves, I wonder if it's bc...

1) bf cannot produce enough eng rainbow ponies to fill the demand in the us stores
2) bf is having a hard time with overseas vendors wanting the ponies due to high cost
3)overstock of bilingual ponies available

Just my assumptions.  I haven't spotted any here.  Rainbows are finally starting to fill the shelves regularly here tho.  I went to T this wknd, no signs of wave 3 yet.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 07:32:05 PM by Kiwichi »

Offline justinb

• McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 04, 2018, 08:44:09 PM »
So I'm not sure what is happening in Canada, but the bilingual boxes definitely started off in France...

Query - has anyone found bilingual boxes for the Collector Ponies??

I'm in Canada and the collector ponies boxes are bilingual. I'll try to take a picture tomorrow.  :)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 05, 2018, 12:24:20 AM »
With all the bilingual mlp rainbows showing up on us shelves, I wonder if it's bc...

1) bf cannot produce enough eng rainbow ponies to fill the demand in the us stores
2) bf is having a hard time with overseas vendors wanting the ponies due to high cost

Except that the UK is stocking both sets in English only boxes...so the stock exists and has made it overseas. That is why it is confusing!

@justinb, that makes sense :) Will be interesting to see them...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline chateaushelton

• Captain Jack Pony
  • When your 8yo discovered the magnetic hooves
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 05, 2018, 08:13:09 AM »
Every time I check in on this thread I feel the sudden urge to go to Target  :)

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 05, 2018, 08:14:41 AM »

The brighter one in the middle reminds me of the 25th anniversary Minty. I put mine in the 35th anniversary Minty box so I could have a squishy loose one.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 05, 2018, 10:15:09 AM »

Just my assumptions.  I haven't spotted any here.  Rainbows are finally starting to fill the shelves regularly here tho.  I went to T this wknd, no signs of wave 3 yet.

My thought is a combination of 1 and 2. There has been a huge demand in the US and they have been selling out fairly fast. Combined with the possibility that they are still working out arrangements with overseas retailers. Since the rainbows were released to Europe first it would make sense that they have a large amount ready to go with the bilingual boxes. So someone made the decision to okay the bilingual boxes to ship to US stores to fill the demand.
So far I have not seen any bilingual boxes in southern California.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal