collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 244065 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #705 on: September 01, 2018, 01:31:47 PM »
I noticed that the first set of Rainbows I found were in English only boxes but the set my Target had today were in the French/English boxes with the extended plastic window.
I'm glad you brought this up -- I was going to ask about this. The rainbow ponies at one Target I went to yesterday had French + English packaging, while the other Target (in a different city, technically, but not far) had English-only packaging. The bilingual ones also have a heart made out of dots cut into the middle so that you can smell the pony's scent (that sentence is weird but I don't know how to phrase it), as opposed to the English packaging with just three regular dots. The bilingual ones say Basic Fun on the bottom of the package while the English-only ones say The Bridge Direct.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 01, 2018, 03:29:44 PM »
Thanks Taffeta and Haruna.  :)

I thought the bilingual boxes might have been from a mixed up shipment not meant for the US but since Haruna has also found them in the US I wonder if more will appear? I like the heart shaped cutout better than the 3 dots. :)  You can see the heart pretty well on Sunlight.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: September 01, 2018, 04:54:13 PM »
I just got a Windy yesterday in my marathon hunt for the uni/pegs.  She was the only rainbow I’m missing.  I had noticed that she has the new wrap around window but looking at her now I do see that she has bilingual and the heart shaped dots.

So they are here in Texas, too.

I do want to add that I really like the new windows.  It makes it so much better to display them in the boxes.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 04:56:29 PM by Sunset »

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 02, 2018, 12:01:26 AM »
Going to post this observation over in this thread also.

There appears to be some variation in how much retro MLP some Targets are getting. Some of the Targets I have visited had shelf space for all three (Pretty Parlor, Rainbows and the MLP assortment tag) and these were on the retro end cap facing the games. This was consistent for all Targets that had their toy aisles all in a row going the same direction. A few of the Targets I went to had toy aisles that went multiple directions. At those Targets there was only ONE tag for retro MLP, the "MLP assortment" tag. These were located in a designated space (along with Lite - Brite, carebears etc. ) that was part of a much larger shelf of other products.

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #709 on: September 02, 2018, 05:28:57 AM »
I also noticed something strange with the Collector set... Only some of my Collector ponies have turning heads. The very first 3 I found (English boxes) have heads that don't turn. I found these at Target, and at the time the Collecters were very scarce, and they seemingly didn't restock for weeks. The other 3 I got months later at an independent toy store (with English & Spanish boxes) and every pony since has had a turning head. A strange inconsistency indeed.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 02, 2018, 05:44:38 AM »

There appears to be some variation in how much retro MLP some Targets are getting. Some of the Targets I have visited had shelf space for all three (Pretty Parlor, Rainbows and the MLP assortment tag) and these were on the retro end cap facing the games. This was consistent for all Targets that had their toy aisles all in a row going the same direction. A few of the Targets I went to had toy aisles that went multiple directions. At those Targets there was only ONE tag for retro MLP, the "MLP assortment" tag. These were located in a designated space (along with Lite - Brite, carebears etc. ) that was part of a much larger shelf of other products.

And then you have my own local Target that hasn’t had a retro end cap for months and when I mentioned it to an employee they had no idea what I was talking about.  When I asked them to look in the back for the uni/peg the employee noticed they hadn’t sold any ponies since “April or May”.  Of course they hadn’t, they haven’t put out any ponies since then!  No retro end cap, no retro ponies, even though they apparently have some in back.  It’s very frustrating to live just 3 minutes away from a Target and have it be the one outlier that isn’t doing a retro end cap.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #711 on: September 02, 2018, 06:07:25 AM »
I have to share this with you guys...

Today for the first time ever in my life I saw Windy in a store :D I had her as my first pony but she was bought for me, so today I saw her in a store for the first time. John Lewis had restocked which I see as a good sign :)

So I bought her anyway. Now I have to decide which Windy to debox - this one or the one at home.

Really still jealous of you guys in the US picking up the uni peg set though. When I find those it will be amazing...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #712 on: September 02, 2018, 06:23:10 AM »
I also noticed something strange with the Collector set... Only some of my Collector ponies have turning heads. The very first 3 I found (English boxes) have heads that don't turn. I found these at Target, and at the time the Collecters were very scarce, and they seemingly didn't restock for weeks. The other 3 I got months later at an independent toy store (with English & Spanish boxes) and every pony since has had a turning head. A strange inconsistency indeed.

It's because they stopped doing the glued heads sometime after the first (or first few?) production runs. All six of mine have glued heads, these are the first shipment my local Target had ever gotten in way back in January, which I had them bring me from the back before they even put them on the shelves. But with all the recently made ones that are on store shelves right now, they've since stopped gluing on the heads.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #713 on: September 02, 2018, 06:27:03 AM »
I have to share this with you guys...

Today for the first time ever in my life I saw Windy in a store :D I had her as my first pony but she was bought for me, so today I saw her in a store for the first time. John Lewis had restocked which I see as a good sign :)
Congrats, Taffeta!
I'm still waiting on my local Target to restock the rainbows. Only have the 6 original ones on the shelf.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline 1983Baby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 02, 2018, 06:56:09 AM »

And then you have my own local Target that hasn’t had a retro end cap for months and when I mentioned it to an employee they had no idea what I was talking about.  When I asked them to look in the back for the uni/peg the employee noticed they hadn’t sold any ponies since “April or May”.  Of course they hadn’t, they haven’t put out any ponies since then!  No retro end cap, no retro ponies, even though they apparently have some in back.  It’s very frustrating to live just 3 minutes away from a Target and have it be the one outlier that isn’t doing a retro end cap.

My local Target doesn’t have a retro end cap either. I’ve never seen a pony there but according to brick seeker they are always “in stock”which means they are sitting somewhere in 5e the back for months.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: September 02, 2018, 07:58:21 AM »
I went out to the closest TRU to me, but all they had were the same 2 Collector Ponies that I already bought at EB Games... Butterscotch and Blossom...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #716 on: September 02, 2018, 11:52:47 AM »
I have a question about Moonstones. I went to a different Target and they had 4/6 ponies, 2 of them being Windy and Moonstone, who I didn't have yet. I got Windy (albeit with the neck gap, but that's less of an issue for me), but I left Moonstone because...uh...

I did mess with the levels to make the problem a bit easier to see (very obvious irl, not so much in my pic), but has anyone noticed this bad mismatch with Moonstone? Or any other ponies?
On another note, the "cherry" that Windy is supposed to smell like smells a lot like grape to me.  :P

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 02, 2018, 11:56:33 AM »
I have a question about Moonstones. I went to a different Target and they had 4/6 ponies, 2 of them being Windy and Moonstone, who I didn't have yet. I got Windy (albeit with the neck gap, but that's less of an issue for me), but I left Moonstone because...uh...
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/462344195739484180/485884181260402709/mismatch.png

I feel kinda dumb about having to ask this, but what's wrong with that Moonstone?

My local Target doesn’t have a retro end cap either. I’ve never seen a pony there but according to brick seeker they are always “in stock”which means they are sitting somewhere in 5e the back for months.

Yeah, I had to ask about them before I found them, which I was able to get Butterscotch and Skydancer, and they had two Pretty Parlors. It was not as according to their shelf plan, and they were pushed all the way to the back.

They also had Parasol and Sunlight, but I am less of a fan of the earth ponies.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 12:00:53 PM by Sweet Daes »

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #718 on: September 02, 2018, 12:03:03 PM »
I feel kinda dumb about having to ask this, but what's wrong with that Moonstone?
The head/body mismatch in person is very obvious. I tried to eyedrop the color from the top and bottom and show on the side but that could be blamed easily on lighting.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 02, 2018, 12:15:17 PM »
The head/body mismatch in person is very obvious. I tried to eyedrop the color from the top and bottom and show on the side but that could be blamed easily on lighting.

oooooooooooooohh... I see, I see, I see. I see it now that you mentioned it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal