collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 245366 times)

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #690 on: August 30, 2018, 01:59:54 PM »
I agree Glitterball, I would love to see them in alternate poses but I’m just glad they’re being made! I would never have thought when I first started collecting that I would ever see G1’s again! :D

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #691 on: August 30, 2018, 02:04:18 PM »
I agree Glitterball, I would love to see them in alternate poses but I’m just glad they’re being made! I would never have thought when I first started collecting that I would ever see G1’s again! :D

For real!  And such good quality, too.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Kiwichi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: August 30, 2018, 02:11:36 PM »
I think BF would be more likely to make a rearing pony vs a sitting pony.  Plus i think ppl maybe more attracted to the rearing pony, but that's just my opinion.  Whatever BF decides, I will be the upmost happy and I will buy it all.  I wish theyd offer the G1s as direct preorders and/or have Hasbro pickup the line to sell at their website. 

Wth is Hasbro thinking to not produce more g1 related merchandise or make them more readily avail?  Wouldn't u think the G1s are selling much better than the G4 merchandise right now?  (I don't understand the G4 fandom, is their quite a cult following?)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 02:23:55 PM by Kiwichi »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #693 on: August 30, 2018, 03:13:10 PM »
There has been a huge amount of G1 clothing stuff over here over the last year but none recently in Primark. I am a bit sad about that although I really don't need any more pony pyjamas...

So I opened up the Butterscotch I got from John Lewis and combed her hair and she does have a turning head. It actually improves the pose for me, having the head turned slightly :D She's now sitting on top of my folder file with her little green box inlay and she looks very pretty there :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #694 on: August 31, 2018, 07:47:51 AM »
Wth is Hasbro thinking to not produce more g1 related merchandise or make them more readily avail?  Wouldn't u think the G1s are selling much better than the G4 merchandise right now?  (I don't understand the G4 fandom, is their quite a cult following?)

I was thinking the same, it seems the 35th anniversary ponies are doing really well and selling regularly, then again I don't know their sale figures... It always seemed like in the past, Hasbro didnt't want anything to do with their G1 past, maybe hopefully now they'll see there's a market for it..

It's okay, I don't understand G4 fandom either, alot of G4 fans are strictly fans of just the show and it's characters, and not so much MLP fans or collectors overall.. the fandom did get crazy weird after some time (as with all fandoms on the internet), but hopefully it's dying down a bit... It saddens and disappoints me that Hasbro will barely venture out into making other pony characters as brushables, and I've mostly stopped buying alot of G4 ponies as a result (yay for saving money).. that money will go to Bridge Direct and their anniversary ponies instead...

Speaking of which, I finally found Moonstone the other day :D I love going out and hunting for these, it's literally like finding G1 ponies again, I couldn't be happier about it.. Hoping Bridge Direct has more in store after the 3rd wave of ponies..

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 31, 2018, 08:04:17 AM »
Well, we can't forget that Hasbro is making money from the new G1 releases.  I'm sure they get a hefty portion of the profits as licensing goes.

I kind of wonder if they're going to remake Applejack.  I'm sure she'd sell well.  But maybe Hasbro is worried about competing with their own G4 Applejack.  :wonder:
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 31, 2018, 08:05:57 AM »
If they do either the 1984 or 1985 earth pony sets, they will have to contend with Applejack. Honestly she's the one that makes the most sense to release really...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 31, 2018, 11:53:35 AM »
Called two of my most-local UK Toymaster affiliated indie stores today.

One didn't know anything and said they may know in the Autumn. Okaaaay.

The other was on-the-ball and said usually they had things that the US had, but there was a 3 to 6 month delay BUT there was another store based in Burton-upon-Trent (if I recall correctly?) that the owner personally goes out to purchase in the US, does the imports himself and pays all the taxes in order to get the goods into the UK faster. So maybe this guy will do the same with ponies?

Anyway, I was to told to keep on checking the "corporates" (Smyths, Entertainer, Tesco and Asda) as he said that the ponies were highly possible to be sold there, what with their sister companies being Target and Walmart, but we'll see. I'm just happy that John Lewis are selling them; I have not had a chance to travel out to Fenwicks yet to check them yet.  :cool:

Offline aria_elwen

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 31, 2018, 02:04:31 PM »
Until one of the corporate stores get them in I'm stuck on relying on Amazon unfortunately. Plymouth's Toymaster closed at the start of the year and we don't have John Lewis or Waitrose either.
Closest for either is Exeter which is a full on day out. :(  That or Tavistock for just Toymaster but they didn't have them earlier in the month and it's a nightmare getting anywhere down here until the summer holidays are over.

So yay, Amazon.  :pout:

Managed to order Skydancer since she came back in stock but she arrived clearly opened and resealed, the box crushed and the window broken. I've been in touch and they agreed to send me a new one. But, if they package it in a padded envelope like they did before I see some of the damage reoccuring.

Thankfully Skydancer seems no worse for wear and seems to have a fantastic crimped mane. She also smells lovely.

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #699 on: September 01, 2018, 08:12:16 AM »
Spotted Rainbows, Collectors and Pretty Parlor today in NC. Finally got my favorite, Sunlight! Still no sign of those darn Unis & Pegs... At least not in this part ofbthe south. Must have Medley!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 01, 2018, 08:26:22 AM »
Today I accidentally discovered that there is a largeish Tesco not too far by bus from where I am now living in London. So at some point I will investigate it. I do still think Tesco is a good bet given the relationship with Target exclusives. There's also an Entertainer here that I didn't know was here till I found it accidentally. And with John Lewis as well, I am prepared to be vigilant. But I haven't yet found any of the toymasters in my new area :/ The only one I knew was up in Wood Green, which didn't have them the last time I visited, and which is now far, far away from where I am. (I like where I have moved to, but I will always love North London...)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 01, 2018, 11:47:23 AM »
I found a full set of Rainbows at one of the 2 Targets I checked today. :cheer: I got Starshine and Windy. I noticed that the first set of Rainbows I found were in English only boxes but the set my Target had today were in the French/English boxes with the extended plastic window.

I'm in the US and I thought we usually don't get the bilingual packaging on most items?  Starshine's scent is very strong.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 12:25:33 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 01, 2018, 12:02:28 PM »
Finally got my hands on Starshine.  She seems to be the Rainbow Pony who goes first.

The rainbows are selling regularly around here.  The collectors are starting to warm the shelves.  I suspect the unis and pegs will be coming soon and the collectors will be moved to Clearance.

But I've bought a pony, Bridge Direct.  Can I get Wind Whistler now?
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 01, 2018, 01:17:17 PM »
Now that I've seen them in person, I have a few thoughts about the rainbow ponies. Windy looks better than most 1980s Windys -- she's brighter with blue-er eyes and something is just different. Moonstone looks great, too. Poor Skydancer and Starshine look a little bald as their manes aren't done far enough onto their foreheads. Their smells are hit or miss -- I wish they hadn't gone with scents, but it's not the worst idea (and not without precedent). I do love Parasol's strawberry smell. Starshine's vanilla is not my favorite, which is weird because I normally love vanilla-scented things.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 01:31:33 PM by Haruna »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 01, 2018, 01:20:44 PM »
I found a full set of Rainbows at one of the 2 Targets I checked today. :cheer: I got Starshine and Windy. I noticed that the first set of Rainbows I found were in English only boxes but the set my Target had today were in the French/English boxes with the extended plastic window.

I'm in the US and I thought we usually don't get the bilingual packaging on most items?  Starshine's scent is very strong.

Ponyfan

I am a long way from my Rainbow ponies or their boxes, but I am fairly sure that the bilingual boxes my sister and I had for the Rainbows didn't have the extended plastic window. And I also think the Skydancer I saw in John Lewis the other day was in an English only box. The distribution of these is so peculiar...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal