collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 244085 times)

Offline Kiwichi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #660 on: August 28, 2018, 10:11:26 AM »
I've sifted through this entire thread and I am having a hard time finding this information.

Does anyone have the DCPI number for this new assortment with the unicorns and pegasus? Not the individual DCPI for each pony, but the overall one for the entire case/set?

It seems as tho it is the same dcpi as the original collector earth ponies.  Other thread posted receipt and sku on box.  I had both the sku scanned & employee check dcpi from the receipt, and both was the same as wave 1. 
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 10:13:28 AM by Kiwichi »

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 28, 2018, 10:34:40 AM »
Yep, as far as I know, the unicorn & pegasus set is currently being sold under the same "master" DCPI as the collector ponies: 086-00-2831. Makes it hard to brickseek, but what can you do ;)

BlushingBlue, it seems likely that we may get the second earth set which included Applejack and Bowtie + Posey, Lickety Split, Cherries Jubilee, and Tootsie.

I also suspect they might be referring only to the first quarter of 2019 and the second U&P might come out later in the year, with the 2nd Rainbow molds available it's hard to see why not.

Yeah, poor Seashell and Bubbles :cry:

I really hope they do get the go-ahead for more ponies from both ends, licensors and retailers, but that's something else that kind of bugs me about pursuing the 2nd edition Rainbows. Hasbro hasn't been pushing them on retro merch, whereas Gusty, Surprise, and Heart Throb have all been used before. Getting a license for the 2nd ed. U&P seems like it would be much easier, but I'm not in the toy biz so what do I know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 28, 2018, 11:02:31 AM »
*gives Glitterball cookies*

I am not sure if they would count AJ and Bow Tie as collector ponies given they are international. ..

*Munches cookies*  :yummy:

Quote from: glitterball
*taps nose*  :ninja:

*inarticulate squealing*

I can't say much as the folks I spoke to are saying that things are not set in stone, I was given the names of certain (secret) ponies that were pencilled-in to be ordered in early 2019 (UK) but with the caveat that it all depends on - well - all sorts of things, business, logistics, brexit  >_< previous sales etc. Nothing guaranteed, but hopeful that these new ponies transpire!   :cool:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 28, 2018, 11:36:56 AM »
Thank you everyone! That is good to know.

Searching under the individual ponies came up with nothing in my area so i was hoping this would work (for the rainbow set only the master DCPI worked).

I hope they start selling them online soon. ;p
~Foxtale~

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 28, 2018, 12:16:05 PM »
I had a bad evening yesterday, so decided to go to John Lewis today to cheer myself up.

Got myself Snuzzle - and my kid ran off to get me Skydancer from the shelf, too!  :heart: :heart:

Offline Kiwichi

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 28, 2018, 05:17:58 PM »
I'm also thinking the 2019 ponies will include the 2nd set of Earth ponies.  Perhaps they are going with another rainbow set bc they are more appealing to a wider audience colorwise...??? 

But I would absolutely love new flocked so softs!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #666 on: August 28, 2018, 05:58:12 PM »
Canada TRU

Definitely seems they are restocking (wave 1 and 2). I checked the Hamilton one today and found 4 more. Brantford is still out of stock, but they have a spot on the shelf.

I'm just missing Starshine.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline justinb

• McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 28, 2018, 07:01:26 PM »
I'm from Montreal (Canada) and found wave 1 in TRU, but no sight of wave 2 yet and the boxes are different too... Someone found wave 2 in Quebec?

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 28, 2018, 07:12:40 PM »
I'm from Montreal (Canada) and found wave 1 in TRU, but no sight of wave 2 yet and the boxes are different too... Someone found wave 2 in Quebec?

I’m in Toronto and I saw the set of 6 rainbow ponies at TRU and they all had issues with being dirty or patchy/missing cutie marks so I didn’t pick them up :( they smelled good tho.

Offline justinb

• McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 28, 2018, 07:42:59 PM »
I’m in Toronto and I saw the set of 6 rainbow ponies at TRU and they all had issues with being dirty or patchy/missing cutie marks so I didn’t pick them up :( they smelled good tho.

That sucks...  :(

Do you remember if the boxes were bilingual?

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 28, 2018, 08:06:34 PM »

That sucks...  :(

Do you remember if the boxes were bilingual?

I don’t remember, I just remember they looked bad but smelled good lol

Hopefully they get restocked. Seems like places may be getting only one case for now.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #671 on: August 29, 2018, 12:02:53 AM »
Providing I manage to locate John Lewis a second time (heh, I actually found it last time looking for some complete other store, yay my navigation), I plan on keeping an eye on how they are stocking. I still want a second Windy anyway, so there's reason there.

Onto what may be coming up ahead. I would personally prefer the 1985 set because here it is the iconic earth set of the eighties. And I would be really upset if CJ wasn't involved in it, as she was a childhood pony for me. Although you guys are all so negative about CJ, she is in the animated series. And yes, I know, that's SS CJ, technically - but for me as a kid it was just CJ, and well, basically it is still just CJ. So I would expect her to be a part of the set if it was a proper set. It annoys me that people are shunting her aside like she's not a popular pony, didn't sell well, and isn't all over the second hand market ad nauseum. She is one of the most common early ponies to find here (and as I mentioned before, we had 2 versions, so as far as the UK were concerned, the big sellers/best ponies of 1985's set must have been Posey and CJ.)

Rant aside, I would be really happy to see 2nd set unis and pegs and 2nd set rainbows. Again, annoyed at the negativity towards the possibility of more rainbows. It might be easy to find those second hand in the US, but there are some countries that never got them, in spite of having them in stories and such. And I would be super happy to see any of the 2nd year unicorn and pegasus ponies and any of the 2nd set Rainbows. MUCH more than I would care about Bubbles or Seashell or Sundance...

Just speaking personally. Also, since I'm not so likely to get many of my childhood ponies made in this process, I really want Cherries Jubilee. I mean, I'm probably not getting SNowflake or Mountain Boys, right? XD

I have my fingers crossed that whatever they do bring out, it gets to the UK. For some people it may be a chance to buy their childhood ponies, but for us over here it's a chance to buy ponies we loved as a kid but never had the opportunity to buy. So bring them on, Hasbro.

I would rather have those sets than Regentropfen and Nachtlicht, personally. Not because I don't love those two - I do - but the others are more iconic. At least to me.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Gizmo

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 29, 2018, 01:36:34 AM »
I completely agree with your points on Cherries Jubilee, she wasn't my favorite initially but somehow that changed throughout the years and I consider her an essential now. I also share the same views on the 2nd Rainbow set, those are needed considering how tricky it is to find them in good condition.

Seeing how the So Softs don't seem to be planned for 2019 yet (based on their response to Kiwichi's question) that leads me to believe the "collector ponies" could be the 1985 earth ponies as it would introduce 6 new characters and chronologically they are accurately tied up with the 2nd Rainbows and 2nd Unicorns and Pegasus which share the same poses.

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 29, 2018, 03:12:39 AM »
Taffeta, I don't know where you're reading this annoying negativity, but I hope it's not in any of my posts.

I only brought up the Seashell/Bubbles vs Tootsie/CJ dilemma because the other four earth ponies are obvious choices due to both popularity and pose. No matter which pair Basic Fun goes with, they'll be investing in a mold that won't be used again in 2019 (or possibly ever). I never claimed CJ wasn't popular or that she was undeserving of a re-release, just that logically the choice would be between those two pairs, and I conceded that it was unlikely that the sitting pose ponies would get the green light over her and Tootsie. (Even though Seashell was a pony that I was desperate to have as a child and never got to buy, so I can't act like I'm happy about it! :P)

And I'm certainly not negative about the second edition Rainbows, just the opposite! (They aren't particularly easy to find in the US, especially in good condition. I still don't have Trickles even now!) I'm curious why Basic Fun could confirm that they were working on more Rainbows but didn't mention more U&P yet -- as it would seem to me that they could pretty easily convince both Hasbro and retailers to do the U&P -- but maybe they just like the idea of keeping a "Collector"->Rainbow->U&P line-up for 2019 as well. Maybe they're still hashing out the Skyflier/Powder pose. Maybe they want to offer something flashier for spring/summer. Who knows? I don't think it's "negative" to wonder.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 29, 2018, 06:20:45 AM »
I’m fine with the line up as it seems to be currently.  I’d say the second set of rainbows are definitely not as numerous as the first set.  I still don’t have Starflower or Confetti.

I know everyone wants so softs but I’m wary about whether that would ever happen.  I’m concerned it might be too expensive a process these days and if they do try it that the flocking won’t be the thick soft stuff of the originals.

But that being said, it would make a lot more sense for them to release Posey/CJ (and any uni/pegs like Surprise and Gusty) as the regular versions so that any SoSoft versions they release will be ones ones that where only ever released as SoSofts.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal