collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 245792 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #645 on: August 27, 2018, 01:49:08 PM »
Handheld games! XD
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Kiwichi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 27, 2018, 01:49:54 PM »
Wah! I got a reply from BF just re: some general pony questions.  Very exciting for me that i wanted to share with any members who would be interested  ^.^

When are the Pegasus & Unicorn ponies going to be on sale? 

They are now rolling in to Target stores and will be available through December.

Is there any news of the next group of ponies to be released? 

We are working on new assortments of collector ponies and rainbow ponies for 2019 but we don’t have confirmation from retailers that they will be in stores yet.  You can follow our website or social media pages for updates.

We would love to see baby ponies, so softs, sparkle ponies and/or twinkle eyes.  Especially non-US never been released overseas color combination ponies and the never been released celestial ponies. 

Thank you for your suggestion.  We will forward it on however, we are only able to produce what our licensor agrees to.

Is there any plans for more pony playsets? 

There are always plans for more playsets however again, we are at the liberty of our licensor and retail stores as to what actually is produced.

At Toy Fair 2018, the 5 pack Rainbow ponies showcased had 5 combs, 2 star combs & 5 puffy stickers.  The 5 pack Rainbow ponies for sale on Amazon shows 5 ponies, 1 star comb & 1 larger group puffy sticker.  Which one will actually be for sale?  Also, why was Sunlight left out of the gift pack?

The item on Amazon is correct.  1 Comb and 1 Sticker.  Certain revisions had to be made from our original concept to accommodate for cost overages and meet Amazon’s required retail price.

Is Basic Fun planning anymore releases of Strawberry Shortcake?  If so, when can we expect the release date?  Or sadly, has the line been discontinued?

Yes, we are still releasing Strawberry Shortcake.  Most recently, we released Peach Blush which is available on Amazon.  (Fyi, yes peach blush is on amazon but for $30-35+.  All my local T stores have clearanced out ssc, ssc is no where to be seen, so I am not so sure how this will end up.)

...and confirmation of more ponies!!! I'm so happy I could just ... :drunk:

« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 01:52:13 PM by Kiwichi »

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 27, 2018, 02:05:58 PM »
We are working on new assortments of collector ponies and rainbow ponies for 2019 but we don’t have confirmation from retailers that they will be in stores yet.
:frolic: That's amazing if they're planning two new sets for 2019! But there aren't any more "Collector" ponies....? Do you think they mean earth ponies like Applejack, Bow Tie, Posey, etc? And the new rainbows would be the second wave with Flutterbye, Starflower, etc? (Probably too much to hope for Nachtlicht :lol:)

Of course, the big asterisk next to all of that is "if retailers agree to sell them." The retro ponies seem to be moving quickly in my area, especially the Rainbows, but it's hard to say if that's due to actual customers or reselling scalpers jumping on a hot new item.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 03:08:00 PM by BlushingBlue »

Offline aria_elwen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 27, 2018, 03:03:36 PM »
Applejack, Bowtie, Peachy and Lemon drop are all collector's pose ponies so they're a possibility as a set. If you combine with Bubbles and Seashell that would give you six.

I'd be intrigued if they did make the 2nd Rainbow set since that never saw release over here. But, I've been waiting my entire life for Moondancer and Glory so...gimmie!!!!!  :P

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 27, 2018, 03:14:49 PM »
That's very encouraging to hear!  The Collector pose thing is interesting.  They may not know that is the name of the pose in the collecting community.  Or they could be thinking about releasing the Birthflower ponies.  If they do that, I really hope they will do the alternate coloring. 

Offline Gizmo

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 27, 2018, 06:17:15 PM »
I just got a notification from Amazon.com (US) that my pre-ordered Pretty Parlors have been SHIPPED.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DNNBS53/

EDIT
Kiwichi, that is great news and thank you so much for sharing!

I was hoping we'd get the 2nd Rainbow set, very happy to hear this.

Now with the "licensor" releasing new licensing art heavily featuring the Twice As Fancy ponies I expect they will likely influence BasicFun to produce them over other sets, it'll be interesting to see what comes up next.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 06:43:06 PM by Gizmo »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #651 on: August 27, 2018, 07:35:39 PM »
Great to hear there will be more! Target should pick them up here, they seem to be pretty steady movers in my area.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #652 on: August 27, 2018, 07:56:31 PM »
Yes, we are still releasing Strawberry Shortcake.  Most recently, we released Peach Blush which is available on Amazon.  (Fyi, yes peach blush is on amazon but for $30-35+.  All my local T stores have clearanced out ssc, ssc is no where to be seen, so I am not so sure how this will end up.)

$30? Yikes! Yeah I do not want her that much. I can get a vintage one for around that price on Ebay. I sure hope I magically find one in stores one day, but as you said the SSC dolls have all been clearanced out.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 27, 2018, 11:35:52 PM »
Kiwichi - thanks for the update!

:frolic: That's amazing if they're planning two new sets for 2019! But there aren't any more "Collector" ponies....? Do you think they mean earth ponies like Applejack, Bow Tie, Posey, etc? And the new rainbows would be the second wave with Flutterbye, Starflower, etc? (Probably too much to hope for Nachtlicht :lol:)

Of course, the big asterisk next to all of that is "if retailers agree to sell them." The retro ponies seem to be moving quickly in my area, especially the Rainbows, but it's hard to say if that's due to actual customers or reselling scalpers jumping on a hot new item.

*taps nose*  :ninja:

I think this / could / be a possibility, just need to wait and see AND if BF manage to get enough pre-orders from the retailers!  :cool:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #654 on: August 28, 2018, 04:19:16 AM »
*gives Glitterball cookies*

I am not sure if they would count AJ and Bow Tie as collector ponies given they are international. ..

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #655 on: August 28, 2018, 06:16:54 AM »
There are always plans for more playsets however again, we are at the liberty of our licensor and retail stores as to what actually is produced.

I was watching the He-Man episode of The Toys That Made Us, and even back in the day they had to do quite the song and dance to get Toys R Us and Child World (2nd largest toy store at the time) to carry their product.  The stores seem to have quite a bit of power when it comes saying yea or nay to potential toys.  (IIRC that's the reason Hasbro initially produced pink Celestia toys. If you look at the prototypes for her early toys they are white, but the stores didn't think girls would want a non-pink pony princess.)

I hope the retro ponies sell so well that the stores are salivating for more.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 06:36:24 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 28, 2018, 08:42:52 AM »
Quote from: glitterball
*taps nose*  :ninja:

*inarticulate squealing*

But if they do make another set, which earth ponies will be excluded? If they're going in rough chronological order, they have eight left (ten if you include Lemondrop sans playset and Sundance minus Megan) and only six spots to fill. I'm afraid they're going to skip over poor Seashell and Bubbles because of their pose. :cry: Either them, or Tootsie and CJ... I'm sure they'll do AJ and Bow Tie because those two are so iconic, and they have the mold already either way. I feel fairly certain they'll do Posey and Lickity because, again, they're well-known, and they'll already have to make the mold if they want to also make Trickles and Confetti.

Which brings me around to my next puzzle: why would they do the 2nd set of Rainbows over the U&P? Don't get me wrong, I would be thrilled to be able to buy a spotless Pinwheel, but those ponies didn't have nearly the cultural presence as Gusty, Heart Throb, etc for nostalgic buyers. (I also feel for G4 collectors who might want a nice Sparkler and Surprise to complete their Mane 6 "ancestors" if AJ and Posey get made too.) The only thing the Rainbows really have going for them is their brighter colors, which might make them "pop" on the shelves more and thus be more attractive to skeptical retailers.

Obviously, the correct answer to these questions is to make an 8-count set of earth ponies, 8 Rainbows including Nightlight and Raindrop, all the unicorns and pegasi, and sea ponies and babies and playsets and just take my money and give them all to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 08:56:11 AM by BlushingBlue »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 28, 2018, 09:09:36 AM »
Is Basic Fun planning anymore releases of Strawberry Shortcake?  If so, when can we expect the release date?  Or sadly, has the line been discontinued?

That's only third party sellers, Amazon has yet to actually have her in stock.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Gizmo

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 28, 2018, 09:23:38 AM »
BlushingBlue, it seems likely that we may get the second earth set which included Applejack and Bowtie + Posey, Lickety Split, Cherries Jubilee, and Tootsie.

I also suspect they might be referring only to the first quarter of 2019 and the second U&P might come out later in the year, with the 2nd Rainbow molds available it's hard to see why not. I originally thought they may skip 1985 altogether and jump straight to the So Softs but judging their response to Kiwichi that doesn't seem to be the case.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 28, 2018, 09:56:15 AM »
I've sifted through this entire thread and I am having a hard time finding this information.

Does anyone have the DCPI number for this new assortment with the unicorns and pegasus? Not the individual DCPI for each pony, but the overall one for the entire case/set?

~Foxtale~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal