collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 246579 times)

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #615 on: August 25, 2018, 12:20:18 PM »

Edit:  Also, glitterball, would you mind if I used your photo on my blog?

Sure thing, LM!  :thumb:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #616 on: August 25, 2018, 12:26:17 PM »
I am in the opposite position that right now there is one that is easy to get to from campus but after Wed I will be within walking distance of one. So I will be going to look. Maybe my new room needs more ponies in it!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline 1983Baby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 25, 2018, 07:04:36 PM »
So I’m a bit late to the party but I just found out about the 35th anniversary ponies when I found 4 at Target a month or so ago. So far I was able to find all of the CPs (blossom and Cotton candy have a different box set up though). I had 1 Rainbow pony and went on vacation last week to Vegas and was able to find the rest of the rainbow ponies and two unicorn/ Pegasus ponies. They had them in like 5 different Targets that I checked. I guess they are easier to find on the West Coast because our stores are empty here in Jersey. So I checked my bag and carried home 7 new lovelies.

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 26, 2018, 01:38:17 AM »
OMG! Theyre finally here! My mum works for John Lewis so she can get discount on them! Hopefully I can get some soon! Mum said to check Waitrose if it’s near because they also do toys  :)
Sunsparkle x

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 26, 2018, 01:51:15 AM »
OMG! Theyre finally here! My mum works for John Lewis so she can get discount on them! Hopefully I can get some soon! Mum said to check Waitrose if it’s near because they also do toys  :)
Sunsparkle x

There are no ponies at our Waitrose here but they don't do toys. I am going to take a farewell trip up to my Tesco/Smyths this afternoon hopefully, though.  That Tesco has had a lot of toys in the past and has the exclusive store release pony things so worth a final shot. It will be a lot harder to get to it when I move. When I do move, though, there is a John Lewis in the vicinity...

I just wish that it were wave 3 that were appearing in those stores. Because much buying would commence...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 26, 2018, 02:22:28 AM »
Sunsparkle x

Oooh yes - there is one HUGE one the other side of town that I will check, as my local (smaller) one doesn't do toys. My uncle is a JL "partner" too, so could get the discount if I got him to buy them for me. I already have the ones I want, so maybe it's too late for that, but it would be cool to see them on the shelves anyway!  :)

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #621 on: August 26, 2018, 06:27:57 AM »
Just got all but one of the Rainbows (got Windy a week ago, then picked up 4 others last night) - I'm only missing Moonstone now... Which is weird because almost two weeks ago, I had checked a Target who had maybe just gotten the Rainbows in, they had all but Moonstone. I thought perhaps someone had grabbed her. Well Thursday, another Target informed me they were getting more Rainbows in on the 25th; I could call that morning and have them reserved until I could come get them. I called an hour after the store had opened, and an employee did say they had rainbows and held onto them for me (though he didn't tell me which ones). When I came later that day to pick them up, sure enough it was all but Moonstone /: So either shipments of Rainbows to my local Target stores are minus Moonstone for some reason, or maybe employees are grabbing her as they get put out on the shelf, but it is weird to say the least :/

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #622 on: August 26, 2018, 07:20:08 AM »
Maybe Moonstone is the breakout popular pony of this generation!  :P

She isn't shortpacked, as I've seen the box the Rainbows come in and it's just "six ponies in the box, one of each."  (I literally bought the entire box of the first shipment to my Target.)

Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 26, 2018, 07:23:29 AM »
My sister bought Moonstone for me as a present, so I haven't really looked at her online listings, but I do remember seeing something at one point that said she was 'best selling' in her category for a while. It doesn't say that now, though. Weirdly the only one that is in immediate dispatch stock on Amazon at present is Starshine, which we don't have but I'm wary of buying because of the weapons grade Vanilla that people are talking about ;) The others are a few week dispatch.

Edit to add - in the literal five minutes it took between me looking at amazon, writing this post and going back, Moonstone is now showing there as out of stock, rather than available. What is going on O.O. Is there a sale on that I don't know about?

I noticed that the store Glitterball visited in Hampshire was marking Cotton Candy and Snuzzle I think as sold out on their website. Snuzzle is gorgeous so I am unsurprised, and CC is actually iconic here xD.

I am going to see what's in John Lewis next week. I would like to get another Windy to debox and also a Butterscotch if possible, as I have the boxed one but she's really pretty and I'd like a loose one too. I might think about some of the others as well if they're not stupidly expensive. I want to encourage the sales of these sets so theres a chance we might get unicorns and pegasus ponies sooner rather than later...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 01:13:28 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 26, 2018, 12:28:30 PM »
UK folks -

Collector and Rainbow Ponies -

are on sale in John Lewis!

Go visit a store and re-live your childhood, looking at the shelves  :P

Well I know where I'm going next week! :frolic:

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 26, 2018, 12:44:37 PM »
Regarding a post a few pages back about the 35th anniversary ponies in Canada. I think they were taken offline because they sold out of what they had to disperse there. I’m hoping they’ll go back up when they get more stock. My local store has restocked them and still has some of them on the shelves. I haven’t been able to pick up Starshine though as she seems to disappear as soon as they restock.

I’m glad they’re finally showing up in more places. I hoping for the third wave here soon.  I’m a bit disappointed in the accessories for the third set though.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 26, 2018, 12:55:05 PM »
I would've liked stickers for the wave 3 set, but honestly, so long as they show up here eventually, I'd take them in a baggie with no accessories at all :P

I am sorry to sound like a broken record but...the idea of Medley finally making it to the UK is still mindblowing to my tiny brain.

I mean, she's only what, 34 years late...maybe 35 if it's next year...?

We didn't have the others either, but we did at least get plushes of Glory, Firefly and Moondancer back then...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 26, 2018, 01:12:03 PM »
Moonstone is the only one who is sold out in the Scandinavian online store as well. I really wanted her, so I was a little bummed. I ended up buying Windy and Stsrshine instead- so very happy overall (but it would have been awesome withMoonstone too!)
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 26, 2018, 01:50:24 PM »
Moonstone is the only retro Rainbow pony so far. I still need the other 5. The one I have never seen is retro Parasol. I haven't found the unicorn/pegasus ponies yet but am hoping to find them soon. :)

I checked my Target a couple of days ago and they only had Collector Ponies on the shelves. There were parts of multiple sets instead one though as there were 3 Cotton Candys and 2 Butterscotch ponies among them. :lol:

I also wonder why Basic Fun is only including stickers with the Rainbow ponies but not with the unicorns/pegasus ponies. I think the scents and stickers might have been a "let's try something different for Rainbow ponies" approach and then Basic Fun decided that they didn't need stickers or scents for the next Wave of ponies. It looks like they're using the same brush/comb mold for each set.

Collector ponies one comb mold

Rainbows and unicorns/pegasus ponies  one star brush mold. 

I think good possibilities for a Wave 4 would be anyone that they already have the molds for or adult sea ponies because Basic Fun could use multiple sea ponies from that mold.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 26, 2018, 01:52:38 PM »
Thought...do we think that stickers might have been for the Rainbows because they were initially targeted at the European market? We had puffy stickers here longer than the US and the UK had them for longer than anywhere else. Maybe these are key things they thought would tap into the awareness??

Though it might just be that producing them is too expensive to keep going...

And it doesn't explain the scentedness.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal