collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 245296 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #435 on: August 10, 2018, 07:30:02 PM »
They sent Collector ponies to various toy and "cutesy" (I don't know how else to describe them? bloggers with a pastel aesthetic?) Youtube bloggers, which was a pretty savvy move.  A great way to get free publicity among audiences who are already into that 'look', for no more than $20 or $30 a pop.

That is cool if you follow bloggers. I am not really into that. I am an old fart - LOL!

There's no reason to advertise to people like us who are following a 29 page thread about them, lol.  Gotta reach the people who wouldn't otherwise hear about them.

@ Taffeta  They will be available in the store of All The Cool Stuff, which as far as I can tell is here:

64 St. Fordingbridge, Hampshire SP6 1AX

Not living in the UK I have no idea where that is, LOL.  But I emailed them asking if they would have them in their physical store and they said yes.  In fact, they said they'd had a display of them up for some time!

Whoo hoo on the ponies finally being in the UK. Well in the care of the post anyway. ;)

Something a little interesting happening on basic fun's facebook page at the minute is that the lady who designed the Pretty Parlour is commenting on the post about it.

It seems that it was the first toy she designed outside of college and she was also responsible for the rereleases although she seems to think it came with a dog when it was in purple...

That's so cool!  I think she was the designer of the original, not the retro one.  She seems surprised but happy.  <3  I'll bet she is confusing the Show Stable's dog with the Brush Me Beautiful Boutique . . . It has been 30 years, after all.  ;) 

(In case anyone is wondering I googled her name and she was legit a toy designer for Hasbro.  She also mentioned on her FB that the Pretty Parlor was the first toy she designed after college.  She really knocked it out of the park for being a first timer!)

Someone should invite her to the next MLP Fair!!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 07:37:54 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 11, 2018, 12:51:57 AM »

@ Taffeta  They will be available in the store of All The Cool Stuff, which as far as I can tell is here:

Not living in the UK I have no idea where that is, LOL.  But I emailed them asking if they would have them in their physical store and they said yes.  In fact, they said they'd had a display of them up for some time!

I am travelling down south to Portsmouth on Friday so, just *might* do a slight detour and see if I can find this shop in real life - even though I ordered from them online, it would be cool to see the ponies on display! Only slight problem being... I will have a 6-year-old pony fan with me who may encourage me to spend a bit more!  :lol:

ETA - it's 14 miles west, down the road from Peppa Pig World at Paulton's Park so that's a day out planned!

« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 12:58:34 AM by glitterball »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #437 on: August 11, 2018, 03:23:22 AM »

I am travelling down south to Portsmouth on Friday so, just *might* do a slight detour and see if I can find this shop in real life - even though I ordered from them online, it would be cool to see the ponies on display! Only slight problem being... I will have a 6-year-old pony fan with me who may encourage me to spend a bit more!  :lol:

ETA - it's 14 miles west, down the road from Peppa Pig World at Paulton's Park so that's a day out planned!

Good luck hunting!

@LM - no use for most people since it's a long way out of the way for a lot of people here. (And as you know, my navigation is a bit ropey xD so even if I made it to the town, chances are I'm not finding the shop...)

Would love to see some pics from there, though, if its possible, Glitterball.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #438 on: August 11, 2018, 06:21:28 AM »
This is me being VERY hopeful here, but did anyone else unbox their rainbow ponies (don't judge me. Starshine smells like freaking marshmallows and I just had to sniff at her!) Only to notice the inner box art features Seaponies as well as Sprinkles, the waterfall, Duck Soup and Brandy the dog? OMG, is this a sign of things to come?! Cross ALL your fingers! Unicorns and Pegasus are next, according to the Basic Fun toy company!!

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony\'s - Part 2!
« Reply #439 on: August 11, 2018, 07:36:00 AM »
There's no reason to advertise to people like us who are following a 29 page thread about them, lol.  Gotta reach the people who wouldn't otherwise hear about them.

True. I was thinking about my post from yesterday and imagine myself being the old lady in the neighborhood who yells at the kids to get off her lawn while throwing fakies at them - LOL! JK, I am not that old :P

Strawberry Shortcake is where I really think they drop the ball. There are very few active SSC fan boards out there anymore. The only one I know that is left is dead.

This is me being VERY hopeful here, but did anyone else unbox their rainbow ponies (don't judge me. Starshine smells like freaking marshmallows and I just had to sniff at her!) Only to notice the inner box art features Seaponies as well as Sprinkles, the waterfall, Duck Soup and Brandy the dog? OMG, is this a sign of things to come?! Cross ALL your fingers! Unicorns and Pegasus are next, according to the Basic Fun toy company!!

I did notice that. I am running out of room, so I went and deboxed both sets (collector and rainbow) and kept the insert from one box. I have never in my entire life owned a sea pony. I would love one!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 07:39:43 AM by Icey »

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 11, 2018, 07:40:05 AM »
No Rainbow ponies or Pretty Parlor playsets at the Target I checked. :sad:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline aria_elwen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 11, 2018, 07:52:33 AM »
Whoo hoo on the ponies finally being in the UK. Well in the care of the post anyway. ;)

Something a little interesting happening on basic fun's facebook page at the minute is that the lady who designed the Pretty Parlour is commenting on the post about it.

It seems that it was the first toy she designed outside of college and she was also responsible for the rereleases although she seems to think it came with a dog when it was in purple...

I'm looking at this now and I'm confused.  I don't see where she says that she is responsible for the rereleases?

Her first post is:

Omg! I designed the my lil pony pretty parlor playset 35 years ago when I was a 👩🏼‍🎨 designer at Hasbro! Thanks for the nostalgia!

Which doesn't really sound like she was involved much with the reproductions to me.

Then someone posts separately this question:

Is it just me or did you use Custard’s mold for the kitty instead of the cat the set originally came with?

and the previous person replies

Awesome observation! Yes all the pieces r in the same injection molded molds except the animals are rotomolded so they can be switched around! The next year I did it in purple with a 🐶 dog!

I find this reply really odd since it is still unclear as to whether she is talking about the retro releases or the originals.  If she is talking about the retro releases then why does she end her comment using past language?  If she is talking about the originals then it seems like she doesn't know what she is talking about?  Because the original releases did not use the same animals as SSC as far as I know.

She was talking about the originals. I was referring to the rereleases of the Pretty Parlour as the Brush me Beautiful Boutique/Grooming Parlour since that is pretty much how she referred to them as since she said "next year". I wasn't talking about the "retro" rerelease.
Basically Brush me Beautiful/Grooming Parlour are rereleases of the Pretty Parlour in a different colourscheme.
I got the idea she misread the comment about the cat.

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 11, 2018, 08:11:48 AM »
Ooh, goodluck Glitterball! Sadly I'm up north, but I'm definitely going to be splashing out on some of these when I get my first paycheck at the end of September. Hopefully they'll be more widely available by then!  :)
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 11, 2018, 09:19:46 AM »

She was talking about the originals. I was referring to the rereleases of the Pretty Parlour as the Brush me Beautiful Boutique/Grooming Parlour since that is pretty much how she referred to them as since she said "next year". I wasn't talking about the "retro" rerelease.
Basically Brush me Beautiful/Grooming Parlour are rereleases of the Pretty Parlour in a different colourscheme.
I got the idea she misread the comment about the cat.

Ok, I see what you mean now.  Since this is a thread about the reproductions I thought you meant those with "rereleases" and where saying that she was responsible for the reproductions.  Further confused by her reply to a question that was also about the reproductions.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 11, 2018, 09:24:11 AM »
This is me being VERY hopeful here, but did anyone else unbox their rainbow ponies (don't judge me. Starshine smells like freaking marshmallows and I just had to sniff at her!)    Only to notice the inner box art features Seaponies as well as Sprinkles, the waterfall, Duck Soup and Brandy the dog? OMG, is this a sign of things to come?! Cross ALL your fingers! Unicorns and Pegasus are next, according to the Basic Fun toy company!!

OMGEEEEEEEEEE  :freak: :freak: :freak: :freak: :freak:

ETA -
seaponies and intact shells *swoon*

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 11, 2018, 10:50:52 AM »

I'd love to see sea ponies the Waterfall and the Show Stable. :lovey:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 11, 2018, 11:41:40 AM »
I would snap up repro Seaponies so fast, shells or no shells! (Although obviously, I want shells! :lol:) I would probably commit a minor crime to get a Waterfall with a blue Sprinkles like the old prototype.

My local Target finally put their Rainbow ponies out, and I got a Moonstone. (Ironically, buying her made me feel more nostalgic for G3, when I would have to constantly stalk Target for new exclusives, than G1. :P) I was pleasantly surprised that her scent wasn't terrible, but less impressed with her body color. She's not "wrong" per se, but the new Moonstone is quite a bit different from my own Moonstone, just due to quirks of production.

My Moonstone is on the right. She's a small-symboled, magenta-eyed, reddish-haired, powder-blue-bodied version. The Moonstone on the left is out of my TLC box, and she's a large-symboled, maroon-eyed, reddish-haired, green-blue-bodied version. Repro Moonstone has large symbols, magenta eyes, and pink hair with a darker green-blue body. I'm very fond of her celadon green as a color on its own, but to me, it's not "Moonstone" and I wish they'd gone with powder blue instead. Oh well, I'm still thrilled to have her ready and waiting for her BFF Glory.

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #447 on: August 11, 2018, 06:46:47 PM »
Just been to another Target in San Diego and they don’t have them! :sad:

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 11, 2018, 07:28:15 PM »
I visited two local Targets, and there wasn't even a space for them in the MLP section.  Unless I'm looking in the wrong location for these.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #449 on: August 11, 2018, 08:03:25 PM »
I visited two local Targets, and there wasn't even a space for them in the MLP section.  Unless I'm looking in the wrong location for these.
they are on endcaps with other retro toys, separate from the other MLP. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal