collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 246540 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #405 on: August 08, 2018, 12:00:30 PM »
Yes the Amazon Canada sellers have their 35th Anniversary Original 6 ponies listed for $30+
Totally rip-off crazy but Canadians don't really have as many options to buy from! 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 09, 2018, 11:34:19 AM »
We recently checked a big German TRU and there was no G1 to be seen.
We found the Rainbows for 20€ online, distributed by Asmokids. 20 Euros...

Ouch- that's about $23USD a piece.  Hopefully they will pop up cheaper places- maybe once Amazon has them?

It was on amazon! It's fluctuating between 17 and 20 bucks right now. My friend got a couple, they are very good quality. But they could be cheaper still.
I just had a look on Amazon.de and it's crazy O.o. In the UK, the Asmokids ones are more expensive but now we have the preorder at £12.99. But the German site has the listing with the manky Starshine image shown at €22 which is more than the Asmokids ones? That's an insane price.
https://www.amazon.de/My-Little-Pony-34805-Retro/dp/B0789JFWPV
I linked it because (if my German isn't failing me) it seems to be in stock but although it's using the same images it doesn't say Basic Fun. The UK site says Basic Fun but they're not out yet.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Basic-Fun-35255-Starshine-Scented/dp/B0789JFWPV

Incidentally while looking for this I noticed that all six Rainbows are finally now up on the preorder on the UK site:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?url=search-alias%3Dtoys&field-keywords=basic+fun+scented

(Also good to see that all six collector ponies are also now available, Butterscotch and Bluebelle are also showing up)

I still hope we're going to see them in stores. If the TRU collapse was really the reason for the delay, though, it wouldn't have affected Germany, so I am now inclined to think it's something else and they just haven't been honest about the status of things and the delay getting them to Europe.

I have three of the new rainbows. I've bought 2 of them(Windy and Parasol) at the higher price but used vouchers so didn't really pay anything much for them. I don't know if I would've bought them if I didn't have the vouchers. Sister bought Moonstone for me recently as well, and she got Skydancer and Sunlight for herself with her vouchers. I think the quality varies - of mine Moonstone is definitely the best quality.

I hope the price will settle. My friend couldn't wait any longer and I got to see them and debox one. So tempting!

Starshine's smell is intense. I got a nose full of marshmallow perfume and it almost got me a headache. But it was such a nostalgic smell somehow. They remind me if the Sweet Berry or Sundae Best ponies.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 09, 2018, 11:56:56 AM »
I am getting crazy wiggles of anticipation for the Peachy Parlor to come to Canada... but nobody has seen it yet, right?
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Kiwichi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 09, 2018, 01:34:27 PM »
There was a Q posted on BF fb(8/7/18), asking: "Basic Fun Toys I was so happy to just get the Pretty Parlor and scented Rainbow Ponies at Target in the US this past week. When and where is this gorgeous Unicorn and Pegasus collection???!"

Basic Fun Toys replied: "Our pretty ponies will only be available in Target"

Does this mean something happened with Amazon???  And BF will NOT be selling the next wave(peg&unis) of ponies through Amazon???   Will Target be the sole exclusive retailer of BF retro ponies???    :blink:...    :shocked:...

Btw... Ive very much disliked the disorganization and pony chase at in-store Target...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 01:36:46 PM by Kiwichi »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 09, 2018, 01:38:56 PM »
There was a Q posted on BF fb(8/7/18), asking: "Basic Fun Toys I was so happy to just get the Pretty Parlor and scented Rainbow Ponies at Target in the US this past week. When and where is this gorgeous Unicorn and Pegasus collection???!"

Does this mean something happened with Amazon???  And BF will NOT be selling the next wave(peg&unis) of ponies through Amazon???   Will Target be the sole exclusive retailer of BF retro ponies???    :blink:...    :shocked:...

Btw... Ive very much disliked the disorganization and pony chase at in-store Target...

I think they mean as far as physical retailers go.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 09, 2018, 01:43:35 PM »

Yeah, probably. I mean, on their website they still have Toys R Us listed as a retailer so... http://mlpretro.basicfun.com/collector-ponies/#where-to-buy They do have other retailers listed for the rainbows. I for one am confused.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Kiwichi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 09, 2018, 01:49:18 PM »
Would make more sense to reply with all their retailers wouldnt you think?  Giving those who are interested more options/places to look and buy.  Why would BF only reply Target and exclude the other retailers and not promote their own product to sell...?  Seems dumb on BF's part.   -_-

But then again maybe I just read too much into BFs response as well :P

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #412 on: August 09, 2018, 02:13:53 PM »
Are all the new rainbow ponies "scented?" I found 3/6 today and they all say "scented pony!" On the box. I was a little confused by this, since I don't remember them being scented originally... (Did I miss something?) I don't mind, they smell like the SSC dolls to me, just a little baffling. I guess they were going for a something-old-something-new sorta thing.

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 09, 2018, 02:27:00 PM »
Yes they're all scented, no the originals were not. Early announcements that they would be sold first in Europe/UK led some to speculate that that market would be more likely to buy them with scents but who knows the real reason.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 09, 2018, 02:37:22 PM »
Would make more sense to reply with all their retailers wouldnt you think?  Giving those who are interested more options/places to look and buy.  Why would BF only reply Target and exclude the other retailers and not promote their own product to sell...?  Seems dumb on BF's part.   -_-

But then again maybe I just read too much into BFs response as well :P

Target could have promised to carry future waves (no matter how well current waves sell) in exchange for exclusivity rights.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #415 on: August 09, 2018, 02:59:46 PM »

I agree that this is likely what they meant.

that market would be more likely to buy them with scents but who knows the real reason.

We actually do know the reason in this case, and you're correct!  Foxtale got to talk to Basic Fun at Toy Fair and they said the retailers had requested the scents.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #416 on: August 09, 2018, 04:10:12 PM »
We all know the Target employees like to just smell the scented toys for sale.  :P
Still not finding them ANYWHERE in my store.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 09, 2018, 04:19:18 PM »
We all know the Target employees like to just smell the scented toys for sale.  :P
Still not finding them ANYWHERE in my store.

Lol
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #418 on: August 09, 2018, 04:22:54 PM »
Basic Fun Toys promotion department is terrible. They need to up their game!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #419 on: August 09, 2018, 04:28:08 PM »
They sent Collector ponies to various toy and "cutesy" (I don't know how else to describe them? bloggers with a pastel aesthetic?) Youtube bloggers, which was a pretty savvy move.  A great way to get free publicity among audiences who are already into that 'look', for no more than $20 or $30 a pop.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal