collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 245938 times)

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #390 on: August 05, 2018, 07:50:22 PM »
Icey, do you have the DCPI? I don't mind doll hunting and there are several Targets on my area

Awww, thank you!

I do not, but the manager at my local Target said all of the SSC dolls have the same number.

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 05, 2018, 10:08:14 PM »
After a long week with lots of random errand traveling and ten different Targets later, I finally found (and bought) five of the rainbow ponies. For any Orange County, California people, this was at the Target in Costa Mesa/Santa Anna near South Coast Plaza. I did notice that of the Targets I went to, 4 of them did have the Pretty Parlor on the shelf, but these were only the Targets that had reset the retro end cap section. The one missing was Starshine. I am pretty sure they are being shipped in sets. At two of the Targets they had 5/6 of the original six shelved next to the empty rainbow pony spaces so these look like they will be continued to be reordered for now.

On a side note, I looked on Ebay (just because I was curious) and discovered there is someone two cities over from me already selling them and the Pretty Parlor. So that adds a little more competition to nab them from stores (I also saw some of the original six release being sold in a toy store in the local mall for an upcharge). Eventually, I am sure there will probably be enough to go around, but for now it is going to be a waiting game.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 10:19:42 PM by toyjunky »

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 06, 2018, 05:59:54 AM »
I think the Pretty Parlor must be shipped in sets of 2. The only Target I've found them at has 2 on the shelf.

In my area I haven't seen a Parasol. She seems to go first when my Target restocks.

Where do you find the DCPI number for the Strawberry Shortcake dolls/Peach Blush? Is it the same as the barcode number?

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Kiwichi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 07, 2018, 07:23:21 AM »
I haven't had much luck finding anymore rainbow ponies at Target (even with Brickseeker). My 3yo has a new love for ponies so we would love to have a 2nd set to debox.  She's been asking to bath them and comb their hair :lol: She even tried to convince by telling me we will just open "1"(Windy) and save the rest for another day! 

It's probably good news that the rainbow ponies are flying off the shelf ^.^  Oh and I have not seen any pony parlors either.  Ive decided to just wait for Amazon preorder(Aug15), but yes the excitement is just different.  And order the pony parlor thru Target since Amzon release for the parlor is still end of Sept.  Ah, I can't wait for the next release of unicorn and pegasus ponies :drunk:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #394 on: August 07, 2018, 08:27:39 AM »
I can't even...find them at my store? There's no retro endcap and I didn't see them in the pony aisle themselves...where has everyone been finding theirs?
I'll probably just have to bother the service desk when they're not busy.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 07, 2018, 09:44:26 AM »
We recently checked a big German TRU and there was no G1 to be seen.
We found the Rainbows for 20€ online, distributed by Asmokids. 20 Euros...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 09:47:23 AM by Zapper »

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 07, 2018, 09:48:00 AM »
I can't even...find them at my store? There's no retro endcap and I didn't see them in the pony aisle themselves...where has everyone been finding theirs?

I've found them in 2 places so far. The 1st time they were with the other ponies in the pony aisle and the next time they were on an endcap with Lite Brite, the Collector Ponies. the Pretty Parlor and retro Care Bears.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 07, 2018, 12:35:40 PM »
I stopped by Target today and found the Collectors Ponies on an endcap with the Pretty Parlor and some Care Bears. No SSC, sorry Icey. I'll try to check the others later this week. My mobility's a little hampered right now.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 07, 2018, 01:09:42 PM »

Ouch- that's about $23USD a piece.  Hopefully they will pop up cheaper places- maybe once Amazon has them?

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 07, 2018, 01:47:04 PM »

Ouch- that's about $23USD a piece.  Hopefully they will pop up cheaper places- maybe once Amazon has them?

It was on amazon! It's fluctuating between 17 and 20 bucks right now. My friend got a couple, they are very good quality. But they could be cheaper still.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #400 on: August 07, 2018, 07:32:03 PM »
I dropped by Target today and they had two Pretty Parlors on the shelf!  The Rainbow ponies hadn't restocked yet, but they did have a couple Collector ponies left:  two Blue Belles and three Blossoms.  I was surprised by that, Blossom is often out of stock.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline toyjunky

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 07, 2018, 07:33:04 PM »

Since the release is just starting to come in it is completely hit and miss and is totally dependent on if the Target has reset their retro end cap. Most Target's around me are still using the end caps for clearance, so if your local Target is the same way unfortunately your going to have to wait. If the Target has reset the retro end cap, you should find them on an end cap facing the board games wall (or the shelf tags for them at least) with the Lite Brites, Holly Hobby Colorforms, Carebears, old games like Trouble and other retro MLP (collector set/Pretty Parlor). Up until last Sunday I had only been able to find shelf tags for them at certain Targets with no product yet in store while others had only clearance.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 07, 2018, 09:53:49 PM »
Amazon in the States has them listed as pre-sale, with a release date of August 15th.  Am going to see if I can pre-order Moonstone this weekend. Hopefully, they will fulfill it.

My Target as of last Sunday was in the process of resetting the entire toy department. Didn't have time to check all the sections, in case something was misplaced because it was very busy. The retro end cap was a mess of the clearance and regular priced items.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #403 on: August 08, 2018, 01:58:06 AM »

It was on amazon! It's fluctuating between 17 and 20 bucks right now. My friend got a couple, they are very good quality. But they could be cheaper still.
I just had a look on Amazon.de and it's crazy O.o. In the UK, the Asmokids ones are more expensive but now we have the preorder at £12.99. But the German site has the listing with the manky Starshine image shown at €22 which is more than the Asmokids ones? That's an insane price.
https://www.amazon.de/My-Little-Pony-34805-Retro/dp/B0789JFWPV
I linked it because (if my German isn't failing me) it seems to be in stock but although it's using the same images it doesn't say Basic Fun. The UK site says Basic Fun but they're not out yet.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Basic-Fun-35255-Starshine-Scented/dp/B0789JFWPV

Incidentally while looking for this I noticed that all six Rainbows are finally now up on the preorder on the UK site:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?url=search-alias%3Dtoys&field-keywords=basic+fun+scented

(Also good to see that all six collector ponies are also now available, Butterscotch and Bluebelle are also showing up)

I still hope we're going to see them in stores. If the TRU collapse was really the reason for the delay, though, it wouldn't have affected Germany, so I am now inclined to think it's something else and they just haven't been honest about the status of things and the delay getting them to Europe.

I have three of the new rainbows. I've bought 2 of them(Windy and Parasol) at the higher price but used vouchers so didn't really pay anything much for them. I don't know if I would've bought them if I didn't have the vouchers. Sister bought Moonstone for me recently as well, and she got Skydancer and Sunlight for herself with her vouchers. I think the quality varies - of mine Moonstone is definitely the best quality.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #404 on: August 08, 2018, 09:22:02 AM »
I stopped by Target today and found the Collectors Ponies on an endcap with the Pretty Parlor and some Care Bears. No SSC, sorry Icey. I'll try to check the others later this week. My mobility's a little hampered right now.

No worries! Thank you so much for trying. I wonder if they are clearancing out the line PB is in because the babies are going to be released soon (I hope)? It is crazy, right? I know there are other collectors in my area because a bunch of them came to my yard sale last year - LOL!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal