collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 244173 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #240 on: July 26, 2018, 11:08:51 AM »
So a month after I asked what was happening with the Rainbow Ponies, I got a brief message telling me they were released in the EU in Spring.

...France is now the whole EU. Apparently.

Oh wait, no. Apparently the reason none of us can find them is that they must have sold out...

...Erm.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 11:11:12 AM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #241 on: July 26, 2018, 11:09:56 AM »
Awesome!  I hope you get them!  Remember to take the product code along, they are not likely to be on the shelves yet. :)

OMG you got all the rainbows!  At the Seattle downtown Target ??

Yeah, and they are out of stock at that Target at the moment.  (Those were the only six.)

But!  They are listed as being 'in stock' at the Northgate, West Seattle, and Factoria Targets.  You'll have to ask them to get them from the back, they aren't due to be on shelves until 7/29 I believe.

Edit:  Forgot to add that the ponies do have cheek blush.  :jealous:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 11:16:19 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 26, 2018, 11:39:07 AM »
So a month after I asked what was happening with the Rainbow Ponies, I got a brief message telling me they were released in the EU in Spring.

Oh wait, no. Apparently the reason none of us can find them is that they must have sold out...

...Erm.

Whuuuut????  :nuts:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 26, 2018, 11:43:44 AM »

...Erm.

Whuuuut????  :nuts:

That was my reply to them. I asked them to go and check that intel since I didn't think the whole of the UK fanbase could've missed them...

But they were meant to appear in stores here, apparently. So the question is, WHO IS HOARDING OUR PONIES??
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 26, 2018, 11:51:25 AM »

That was my reply to them. I asked them to go and check that intel since I didn't think the whole of the UK fanbase could've missed them...

But they were meant to appear in stores here, apparently. So the question is, WHO IS HOARDING OUR PONIES??

Hmm, I wonder if there was some sort of middle-man purchaser for the now defunct TRU - could they have a container-load of toys that are being held-up as the TRU assets are liquidated? But then, I am sure that TRU were not the only ones to stock these? Mysterious...

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 26, 2018, 11:53:29 AM »

Hmm, I wonder if there was some sort of middle-man purchaser for the now defunct TRU - could they have a container-load of toys that are being held-up as the TRU assets are liquidated? But then, I am sure that TRU were not the only ones to stock these? Mysterious...

It is a good possibility. Or the French company  that seems to have got them and from whom we can get them on amazon at a higher price may be the distributor in question who withheld them and are instead selling them via this method on amazon. Can't rule it out.

In any case, it does sound like TBD/BF thinks we got them and there was no plan to not sell them here. So maybe if it all settles down we'll still get set 3 at Christmas or early next year sometime. Even if it's just on Amazon.

Sigh.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 26, 2018, 11:58:01 AM »
Oh, I was so looking forward to seeing them looking nostalgic and pretty on the shelves in-store.

*shakes fist at Amazon*

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 26, 2018, 12:04:03 PM »
I asked at 2 different stores, and while they have them, they're not allowed to sell them to me early. The re-stock is supposed to happen Sunday, so I'll likely make a pest of myself Sunday night.

Offline Kiwichi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 26, 2018, 12:08:55 PM »
Just got back from Target with my Rainbow set!  TY to u all :lol:

Today was a big stock day for them.  Had 6 employees working the toy dept.  Tons clearance on end cap clearance shelves (funny how the retro non clearance toys are right next to the clearance end cap shelves!  They deserve to be in the main aisles...)  Main aisles were empty(!) waiting for the new toys, employees had loading carts with tons of brown boxes.  I believe the rainbow ponies would've been stocked today.  They had a spot with sticker right next to the earth ponies.  I asked an employee and she said they have them but have not stocked them on the shelves, she gladly grabbed them for me.  She wasn't sure which I wanted, I told her I'll take of them & she laughed :drunk:

I couldn't help it & grabbed the clearanced SSC dolls at $5.  Got angel, orange & blueberry, that's all they had.  I felt guilty about buying so much for myself while restrictioning my daughter to 1 toy(lol), we ended up spending another 50-60$ for her toys :blink:  Needless to say, my husband was upset with us.... err...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 12:16:16 PM by Kiwichi »

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 26, 2018, 05:50:08 PM »
I’m so exicted that the Rainbow ponies are being found at Target. I check every time I go to Target for retro ponies hoping to find the Rainbows. I’m sorry to hear that our EU friends are being told by Basic Fun that these have already been released and that they might have missed them since I wanted our everyone to experience finding retronpomies on the shelves. I hope my Target stocks the Raimbow ponies and that they’ll let me buy them if they’re on the sales floor.

When the MLP movie toys started coming out I found 2 of the Mane 6 seaponies at Toys R Us on the shelves. When I got to the register the cashier said they were street dated and basically told me to come back on release day to get them. I understand certain things are street dated and can’t be sold before then but it was the employee’s mistake to put it out on the floor early. How is the customer supposed to know they can’t buy an item if it’s out on the floor.

How are the scents? Are they pleasant or more of a chemical smell?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 26, 2018, 06:11:48 PM »
Ugh, the only Target near me that has it in stock is King of Prussia...and that's not very near!
I do appreciate that they fixed the obvious hoof on the pegasi, that always bothered me somewhat. Forelock on unicorns is cute, too.
Sometimes I really wish Walmart had picked these up. They'd be more avaliable, and Walmart has somewhat more international availability than Target.

I don't blame them. Walmart pays less than just about any other retailer for anything they sell. If you don't agree to their low price, they don't negotiate, they just don't sell your product.

@Ponyfan I had a similar thing happen to me. I picked up a Firefly DVD set at Sam's Club and at the register they said to come back the next day to buy it
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 06:15:41 PM by Khoufu »
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 26, 2018, 06:14:50 PM »
Where were they supposed to be stocked in the UK?

We never got the name of a store because it was down to the international distributor but both Smyths and Entertainer take other toys from the same manufacturing group, as do Tesco.

As for Walmart...I'm not sure. Something weird is happening here with Asda and Sainsburys. Asda is the UK branch of Walmart right now but it doesn't tend to carry the exclusives you guys have (eg Haven Bay). Tesco has Target exclusives (Argos used to but not now) so I have been keeping an eye on the big Tesco near where I currently (but not for much longer) live in London...no dice yet and now it's too hot to go searching...

Geeze. :nope:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Kiwichi

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 26, 2018, 06:18:55 PM »
Ponyfan- i think the scents smell good!  There's little holes on the front plasticn so you can smell before you buy :lol:

I went looking for a 2ND set, so i can debox but didnt get any.  Target got them in on the 24th, the release date on their system does say the 29th. They will only have 1 set.  Said to call on the 29th with dcpi # if you are interested.  And no reorder/2nd shipment date listed.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 06:21:40 PM by Kiwichi »

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 26, 2018, 06:39:07 PM »
@Kiwichi
I was told they were expecting another shipment before stocking on the 29th, supposedly with more of what they were stocking. No idea how true that is, but it might be worth looking into?

Offline Kiwichi

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 26, 2018, 06:53:35 PM »
Shatyr- I have no idea.  I was told no reshipment date listed.  I guess we will have to wait and see :)  I don't plan on making anymore T runs until the 29th.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal