collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 244066 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2018, 09:35:55 AM »
I'm so surprised that these are becoming even harder to find. It's 2018! E-commerce is practically a necessity at this point, especially for more niche items like these.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 10, 2018, 09:54:15 AM »
And, here we go:

Yes I got that notice today too  :cloud:

I'm sooooo sad I didn't order the singles- looks like those haven't been cancelled (yet)

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 10, 2018, 11:59:06 AM »
Ugh, this is all so upsetting. I hope we still get the next 2 waves and the parlour. Trying not to get my hopes up too much.

I just got an update from Indigo for Canadian people. Indigo said they having trouble getting the ponies in from the supplier in the US. They suspect they will get them to Canada around the end of the month and that they will be avialable to buy next month.

UGH that is a vague answer...  off to EB Games I go...  I would rather have them rather than complain more about how I didn't buy the 25th Anniversary ponies...

Yeah this was why I jumped on them at EB games. I'd rather have them by any means locally than risk not being able to get them and resorting to ebay.  :huh: Hope there's still some at EB games for you.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 10, 2018, 03:50:33 PM »
So- it may just be a matter of time- but although the Rainbow set was cancelled- the Peachy Parlor is still active...

I hope it doesn't get cancelled too.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 10, 2018, 05:14:35 PM »
So it was cancelled completely?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #140 on: July 10, 2018, 06:47:02 PM »
So it was cancelled completely?
I don't believe so? At least, I sure hope not. If we could get an answer from basic Fun that would be lovely!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 10, 2018, 06:59:03 PM »
You know, it may be that Basic Fun is still trying to work this all out themselves.  They probably don't want to give out information that may change later until they are certain that it won't change.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 10, 2018, 07:04:17 PM »
You know, it may be that Basic Fun is still trying to work this all out themselves.  They probably don't want to give out information that may change later until they are certain that it won't change.

Good point.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #143 on: July 11, 2018, 12:49:34 AM »

That doesn't excuse ignoring the customer enquiries. It is perfectly possible to send a message acknowledging the communication and saying that they are waiting further information, rather than radio silence which is frankly just rude.

Also, most of the information they have given out thus far has been subject to change as the process went on, from release dates to planned availability etc. Why should that change now?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 11, 2018, 09:26:43 AM »

That doesn't excuse ignoring the customer enquiries. It is perfectly possible to send a message acknowledging the communication and saying that they are waiting further information, rather than radio silence which is frankly just rude.

Also, most of the information they have given out thus far has been subject to change as the process went on, from release dates to planned availability etc. Why should that change now?

Here's what probably happens- the email gets to Person A.  Person A doesn't know the answer and forwards it to Supervisor A, who has 1000 other emails to answer and isn't sure how to answer anyway.

Just a thought. I doubt they are trying to be rude.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2018, 09:46:19 AM »
I agree with Taffeta - this excuse has always peeved me incredibly.  When I worked in non-profit, it was a huge negative thing if you took too long to answer a question - on social media, from donors or from potential donors. This company is a business - interaction with people is how you make money!  *facepalm*

If they are "overwhelmed" or  not sure of the answer, the proper response would be to publicly say, "I have not been provided the information to answer your questions.  I am passing this along to my supervisor and you will hear back from us soon!"  I DESPISE SILENCE.

Anyhow... I am planning a shopping trip out today that should find me near an EB Games.  Wish me luck that resellers haven't got them all yet...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 09:50:21 AM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2018, 10:32:55 AM »

Here's what probably happens- the email gets to Person A.  Person A doesn't know the answer and forwards it to Supervisor A, who has 1000 other emails to answer and isn't sure how to answer anyway.

Just a thought. I doubt they are trying to be rude.

While I worked at the library, I had to undergo a qualification in customer service provision. One of the key aspects of that was linking client to company by acknowledgement. Silence is bad customer service. Even if you don't know anything, it's good practice to send a message to acknowledge the enquiry and assure the customer that you are doing everything you can to find out the answer or that it might take some time because it is a complex enquiry.

In the event that something has to be forwarded, what you do is send the email on and either copy in the original person or you do that then send a message to the person to advise them that you have received their enquiry, you have passed it on to someone higher up so they can deal with it and they will be in touch with you in due course.

This is especially true in times of complaint, as you want to dilute the customer's ire by indicating to them that you care about their enquiry.

This is pretty basic stuff. It's not that I expect a complete and concise answer tailored to my every whim the moment I submit it, but I do expect basic customer service practice to be observed by a company wanting my money in the future.

On another note, I have experienced the email CS of this company previously. It took six weeks and the email I received (asking about releases in the UK) gave me information about releases in the US and didn't address anything I actually asked. So their customer service when they do reply is also extremely poor. It is better via facebook, but it's also true that they reply to some people with differing information to others, and that also indicates a lack of proper process in place to handle enquiries.

Just  because they are producing ponies doesn't validate them ignoring their customers. It only takes a minute to touch base.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 10:35:03 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 15, 2018, 12:46:19 PM »
I'm just curious.  Who all is still seeing the retro My Little Pony in your local Target?  And if you are, where are the located in the store?

I haven't seen any in mine in ages.  I think they only got two sets.  They also moved the shelf they were on.  The new shelf with a lot of the "old" toys has a spot for SSC still but I haven't seen the ponies in quite some time.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #148 on: July 15, 2018, 03:40:00 PM »
I'm just curious.  Who all is still seeing the retro My Little Pony in your local Target?  And if you are, where are the located in the store?

I haven't seen any in mine in ages.  I think they only got two sets.  They also moved the shelf they were on.  The new shelf with a lot of the "old" toys has a spot for SSC still but I haven't seen the ponies in quite some time.

I was last at Target maybe two and a half to three weeks ago, and they had them in the same spot they were before with the rest of the retro toys.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 15, 2018, 04:07:42 PM »
The Target I go to most still has about 4-6 almost every time I'm there. :) They are still on an endcap with retro Strawberry Shortcake dolls, retro Colorforms etc... They had a few retro ponies yesterday. I remember there were two Butterscotch ponies. The same Target has restocked them at least 3 times. There is another Target in town but I think they only got two sets of the retro ponies. I haven't seen them at the 2nd Target for a long time.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal