collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 244055 times)

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2018, 10:07:16 AM »
So, those who have the rainbows, who smells good?
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2018, 10:39:02 AM »
I can't find the Rainbow pony listing.

The Rainbow Pony listings (which were pre-orders) from amazon.com disappeared-  hopefully they will be back once the ponies are in stock.

Phooey. Thanks Galactica.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2018, 12:05:43 PM »
Interestingly the preorder for Cotton Candy has reappeared on the UK Amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Basic-Fun-35232-Cotton-Candy/dp/B07B6SK669/
The date of release is much later but it's back.
I also see links for Snuzzle, Minty and Blossom, all also with the preorder £9.99 price.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Basic-Fun-35238-Snuzzle-Retro/dp/B07B6RMSRH
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Basic-Fun-35233-Blossom-Retro/dp/B07B6RCFBK
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Basic-Fun-35237-Minty-Retro/dp/B079T8RYR9

No Butterscotch or Bluebelle as far as I can see. I hope they will appear soon.

The Rainbows are there but only from Asmokids (so coming from France). We are thus able to get them from Amazon with prime but the price is way up on the preorder £12.99 (it's now £17.53ish each, which is a lot more and I'm very annoyed about it). I am waiting to see whether the preorders reappear for the UK specific or if we're just now going to be ripped off for £5ish more each pony. I want to see them in stores too. The asmokids listings have been there since April but they recently went up in price. I am unsure if it is because of tariff wars or if it is something else.

My sister and I bought Parasol and Sunlight using amazon vouchers. Parasol smells of strawberry yogurt and playdoh in my opinion. Sunlight...is meant to smell like apple but I'm not sure what she smells of. I would agree with Gizmo about the smell being quite strong when removed from the box.

Both Parasol and Sunlight had very mobile heads. Not all of the collector ponies we have (all from various US peoples) have moving heads though.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 12:11:39 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2018, 01:03:46 PM »
I heard speculation that the rainbows may be listed for a higher price later. Is there any evidence to support that?
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 06, 2018, 01:42:01 PM »
Feeling kind of uneasy about this, as I preordered quite some time ago (June 14th) and while it still says it's scheduled to get here August 3rd

I saw a flash of "release date August 15th" somewhere, and the link to the item brings up a 404. 

I've had quite a few sellers on Amazon recently pull the "whoops we're cancelling your order because we mis-priced it" garbage on me lately, only to see it pop back up at 4x the price (and for really dumb crap too.  Like full page magnifiers).

However, the flat foot pack is back up at a far more reasonable price again: https://www.amazon.com/Basic-Fun-Little-Pack-Cotton-Blossom/dp/B00GSOQ092/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_4

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2018, 08:18:49 AM »
I heard speculation that the rainbows may be listed for a higher price later. Is there any evidence to support that?

I am pretty sure they will be $9.99 in the US.  What I heard from a Target employee who also collects MLP is that the Rainbow ponies have the same Target code on them as the Collector ponies.  If that's true, then they will definitely be the same price as the Collector ponies; Target's scanners will not see a difference between the two sets.

Edit:  However prices on Amazon.com will depend on who is listing the ponies.  If Basic Fun themself lists them, then Basic Fun can control the price.  But third-party sellers can also list items on Amazon, which is how you get people offering G3 plush singing Minty for $80 or whatever . . . It can be like eBay where individuals just list items they have for whatever price they please.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 08:21:53 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2018, 08:31:51 AM »
I am pretty sure they will be $9.99 in the US.  What I heard from a Target employee who also collects MLP is that the Rainbow ponies have the same Target code on them as the Collector ponies.  If that's true, then they will definitely be the same price as the Collector ponies; Target's scanners will not see a difference between the two sets.
Oh, explains the "MLP ANIMAL" tag, then. Nice and vague!

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2018, 08:37:49 AM »
The price rise theory was in relation to the tariffs...in which case the whole line prices may go up to cover the rise in costs. I feel they got removed while all this is being hashed out. It may be nothing changes or it may be all prices go up. Nobody knows yet.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2018, 08:39:15 AM »
I’ll have to get these when they are released. I’ve been avoiding letting myself just jump at the idea of collecting again, but I would like these new releases. The Parlor was my first pony item that my cousins gave to me.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2018, 11:33:26 AM »
STILL no answer from Bridge Direct/Basic Fun or Chapters themselves.  I am FAR beyond pleased.  :(  I really really really do NOT want to buy them from EB Games!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2018, 12:12:58 PM »
STILL no answer from Bridge Direct/Basic Fun or Chapters themselves.  I am FAR beyond pleased.  :(  I really really really do NOT want to buy them from EB Games!

Well there's always trading and online buying from our trusty pony peeps. Sprinkles luck on squirmy
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline aria_elwen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 08, 2018, 01:04:46 PM »
I find it amusing that the day after I asked them "what's going on with my preorder?" (paraphrase) they updated the Amazon UK site.  :P Obviously they didn't reply to me but hey I'll take that coincidence.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2018, 01:38:03 PM »
I find it amusing that the day after I asked them "what's going on with my preorder?" (paraphrase) they updated the Amazon UK site.  :P Obviously they didn't reply to me but hey I'll take that coincidence.

They did say when I asked them about it a while back that they were going to look into it. So...maybe a lot of other people also harassed them and they realised it looked bad because of the preorders.

Still concerned the rainbow ponies at the original price preorder are not back on the site though.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2018, 11:34:32 PM »

Can I ask why you're so against buying them from EB games? Personally I'm super happy I can buy them in person at all. The Strawberry Shortcake Dolls are not available in Canada at all so I had to hunt them down in every store I could check during our Disneyland trip (which my family did not like) and the rest I had to get pony peeps to pick up for me and I'm still missing one. I would hate to have to go through all that for the ponies too.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2018, 07:00:21 AM »

Can I ask why you're so against buying them from EB games? Personally I'm super happy I can buy them in person at all. The Strawberry Shortcake Dolls are not available in Canada at all so I had to hunt them down in every store I could check during our Disneyland trip (which my family did not like) and the rest I had to get pony peeps to pick up for me and I'm still missing one. I would hate to have to go through all that for the ponies too.

I want the Plum points for buying them through Chapters :(   I often find myself with gift cards or enough points to buy for "free", whereas... I don't even remember the last time I walked INTO an EG Games...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal