collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 244088 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2018, 05:35:56 PM »
I am worried.  The Amazon preorder links for the Parlor and Rainbow combo pack no longer work.  I had added them to my wish list and can no longer access them from there, either.  Does that mean they will not be available?

The single pony page links posted on the first page don't work either for the US amazon and I can no longer see Cotton Candy/Collector ponies or photoshop-Starshine on Amazon UK either. But the Rainbows are all listed on Amazon UK at the higher prices as in stock :/ So I don't know what's going on - those are apparently being dispatched by Amazon but the price is more than the projected £12.99.

Someone needs to poke TBD...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline aria_elwen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2018, 06:36:32 AM »
I've got them on preorder and they've changed the release dates to the 14th and 15th August. They haven't cancelled the order however.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2018, 06:43:54 AM »
I've got them on preorder and they've changed the release dates to the 14th and 15th August. They haven't cancelled the order however.

Have they? Hrm. Interesting. Are there new page links? I can't find them on the old ones...
I had a voucher so bought Parasol from the other links since you know, voucher = free pony - but I couldn't find the preorder ones. Checking my browsing history (on the UK site at least) they both come up as page not found, not with a changed preorder date.

The constant delaying of the release is irritating.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 06:52:39 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2018, 08:17:04 AM »
I just don't understand why the manufacturer's website said they would be sold at Chapters Indigo in Canada, but they aren't available there.  Meanwhile EB Games already has them?   
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2018, 10:08:19 AM »
I am worried.  The Amazon preorder links for the Parlor and Rainbow combo pack no longer work.  I had added them to my wish list and can no longer access them from there, either.  Does that mean they will not be available?

The single pony page links posted on the first page don't work either for the US amazon and I can no longer see Cotton Candy/Collector ponies or photoshop-Starshine on Amazon UK either. But the Rainbows are all listed on Amazon UK at the higher prices as in stock :/ So I don't know what's going on - those are apparently being dispatched by Amazon but the price is more than the projected £12.99.

Someone needs to poke TBD...

Oh wow you are right-

I double checked my pre-orders, and they haven't been cancelled. The release date on Peachy is September 30, 2018, and release date for 5-pack of Rainbow ponies August 1st. (not sure if it changed or not)

Maybe they just sold out of the allotment of pre-orders that were available, or maybe they decided to change the price... or maybe they are not allowed to presale so far in advance... or maybe people were mad about the amazon.com price being much cheaper than the amazon.uk prices...?

I did a search and I can no longer find any listing for any of them! (at least not on amazon.com) 

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2018, 11:46:51 AM »
It would be nice if they were morally outraged about the overpricing in Europe vs the US but I think not. I emailed Amazon UK and they actually checked it out for me and said the products were not currently on the site (but it didn't mean they wouldn't be). I dunno what is going on but my suspicion would be another delay...of some kind...and a complete lack (again) of communication.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline aria_elwen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2018, 12:00:10 PM »
It's weird the links for the orders have gone but they're still listed in my preorders and Amazon sent me a standard email apologising for the delay.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2018, 12:09:38 PM »
It would be nice if they were morally outraged about the overpricing in Europe vs the US but I think not. I emailed Amazon UK and they actually checked it out for me and said the products were not currently on the site (but it didn't mean they wouldn't be). I dunno what is going on but my suspicion would be another delay...of some kind...and a complete lack (again) of communication.
I wonder if that's because the US doesn't have customs for toys.  That may make it cheaper to send to the US than other places that do have customs.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2018, 12:14:46 PM »
I wonder if that's because the US doesn't have customs for toys.  That may make it cheaper to send to the US than other places that do have customs.

Yes, probably. And maybe it's impacted by the tariffs. Although what doesn't make sense is that ours were listed at £9.99 and £12.99 whereas the US ones were all the same. You'd think they ought to be the same. But they vanished right around the time all the EU/US tariff stuff began so I wondered if that was a reason behind a delay...

In any case, I sent a msg to TBD but they don't like to reply to me. Someone else try? I asked about both the US and the UK releases and it would help if someone did likewise. Someone they actually reply to...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2018, 01:01:01 PM »

Yes, probably. And maybe it's impacted by the tariffs. Although what doesn't make sense is that ours were listed at £9.99 and £12.99 whereas the US ones were all the same. You'd think they ought to be the same. But they vanished right around the time all the EU/US tariff stuff began so I wondered if that was a reason behind a delay...

In any case, I sent a msg to TBD but they don't like to reply to me. Someone else try? I asked about both the US and the UK releases and it would help if someone did likewise. Someone they actually reply to...

That's a good point about the tariffs.  It seems the toy industry is concerned and the new ponies are made in China. So maybe the delay is related.  https://www.toyassociation.org/PressRoom2/News/2018-news/presidents-letter-china-tariffs-and-toys-r-us.aspx
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2018, 01:04:16 PM »
Wow. Then that seems likely. Although what seems most likely is the preorders have been pulled from the site not necessarily because they won't happen but the prices may have to be higher...and thus they don't want a lot of people preordering at the lower price they then need to honour. That would explain why the people who have preorders haven't had theirs cancelled, but why nobody else can put an order in and also why the dates have moved. I guess?

I really hope the preorders are honoured for those who have them.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2018, 01:40:48 PM »
It is hard to know if they are aware of anything non US so it doesn't hurt to nudge them.

I agree, if it's true that Hasbro UK suggested the Rainbows to come out first in Europe then I hope the UK and European releases will not be completely overlooked.

I made another mock up with the UK babies and rearranged the colors as Sunset suggested:

:frolic: I need Baby Lemondrop and Baby Bowtie In My LIFE!!!! I wonder if we could get them to make babies Hopscotch, Ribbon and Honeycomb?

I almost fainted when I saw these!! OMG! Did you guys shared this with Basic Fun? It would be so awesome to have baby ponies too!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2018, 01:57:28 PM »
Wow. Then that seems likely. Although what seems most likely is the preorders have been pulled from the site not necessarily because they won't happen but the prices may have to be higher...and thus they don't want a lot of people preordering at the lower price they then need to honour. That would explain why the people who have preorders haven't had theirs cancelled, but why nobody else can put an order in and also why the dates have moved. I guess?

I really hope the preorders are honoured for those who have them.

ME TOO!    :(  That is a very depressing thought. 

I poked at Bridge Direct/Basic Fun again this afternoon... hopefully  I get some kind of real answer and not canned customer-service garbage...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2018, 03:58:12 PM »
Yes my guess is that maybe the hold is due to the trade war started by the Orange president.

It could be that many many things will become more expensive...

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2018, 01:38:02 AM »
Yes my guess is that maybe the hold is due to the trade war started by the Orange president.

It could be that many many things will become more expensive...

I don’t think the tariffs have actually come into effect yet.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 01:40:38 AM by Noasar »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal