collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 244019 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #990 on: October 12, 2018, 04:45:40 AM »
Something I saw last week was a little girl with her dad looking at the retro ponies.  Unfortunately, she didn't get Parasol because she didn't like her scent, she wanted Skydancer (the yellow one as she called her) but she wasn't there.  I think that goes to show these classic ponies aren't just being bought by collectors but by little kids (or more accurately their parents) as well.
Aww, how sweet :) I'm so glad kids are buying them. When I went to Target once, I had a casual talk with a passerby my age; she asked about the retros and remembered them from her childhood, and liked that they were coming out with them again.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: October 13, 2018, 01:31:33 PM »
Why is it only moonstone being discolored?

How is the scent applied? Is it IN the plastic, or just dabbed on the pony. Was it different for the Sundae best ponies in the 80s? (Did any of those turn colors?)

I popped her head off to sniff her insides. (Ok, that sounds weird). I didn't realize there was a big plug on the head. :/ If anyone is planning for customs, that's gonna be a bummer to cut out.

But on another note. I bought mine knowing there was the slightest mismatch with the body and head. And it looks like the body which is just a little bit yellow on the outside is more blue on the inside. I'm just curious for those who are having their ponies turn colors, what it looks like on the inside for them.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 01:41:44 PM by banditpony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: October 13, 2018, 01:35:20 PM »
Why is it only moonstone being discolored?

How is the scent applied? Is it IN the plastic, or just dabbed on the pony.

I popped her head off to sniff her insides. (Ok, that sounds weird). I didn't realize there was a big plug on the head. :/ If anyone is planning for customs, that's gonna be a bummer to cut out.

But on another note. I bought mine knowing there was the slightest mismatch with the body and head. And it looks like the body which is just a little bit yellow on the outside is more blue on the inside. I'm just curious for those who are having their ponies turn colors, what it looks like on the inside for them.

That is a good question, I didn't think to look inside.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: October 13, 2018, 01:44:16 PM »
That is a good question, I didn't think to look inside.

I get strangely curious of why and how sometimes. ^^; haha...

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #994 on: October 14, 2018, 01:16:41 PM »
It isn't just Moonstone. I mentioned this before but I have seen Parasol and Starshine with it too. I haven't seen it on Moonstone yet here.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: October 14, 2018, 01:20:27 PM »
My Windy is starting to discolor also. I went back and looked at the pics I took of her in the store and after I got home and didn’t see any marks in the pics. My Windy is the bilingual French/English box.

My Target didn’t have any Rainbow ponies yesterday. They only had Medley, 2 Snuzzles and 1 Minty.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 01:22:02 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: October 14, 2018, 02:02:49 PM »
Aw shame that others are discoloring...

Is it just the bodies? What do the insides look as comparison

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #997 on: October 16, 2018, 03:32:10 AM »
Slightly off the topic of discolouration (and I don't own any discoloured so can't answer the above), but interesting conversations at ponycon about these in the UK. (And aside Paint Kitty having the Parlour set on her stall, I think there were basically no retros at Ponycon that I saw...?)

A lot of people have still not seen these in stores yet.

And my parents were in Birmingham yesterday and said they weren't in John Lewis. They're also not in the Oxford one apparently either. I hope they're going to get out of the SouthEast - but it makes me think that I suddenly understand why, as a kid, growing up in the midlands, I had a much more narrow pool of ponies to choose from in store availability....

No sign of wave 3. I still hold out hope for wave 3 in the UK before Christmas but...I am probably going to be disappointed...

How common are the wave 3 in the US at the moment? I am debating trying to get one for my sister for Christmas or her birthday, but I know not everyone has seen them...and I don't really want to pay over retail. Money is tight and the exchange rate sucks xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #998 on: October 16, 2018, 05:27:18 AM »
How common are the wave 3 in the US at the moment? I am debating trying to get one for my sister for Christmas or her birthday, but I know not everyone has seen them...and I don't really want to pay over retail. Money is tight and the exchange rate sucks xD.
I'm gonna say that these aren't incredibly common. I only saw one set and then they disappeared. The rainbows are becoming much more common now. Has anyone else seen them get restocked?

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: October 16, 2018, 07:18:01 AM »
My closest Target has restocked on the rainbows at least 4 times, with 2 sets currently on the shelf one being the US boxes and the other are international boxes. I haven't seen the uni&peg set anywhere so far.

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: October 16, 2018, 07:46:55 AM »
My discoloring Windy is still in her box so I can’t comment on what she looks like on the inside either but it seems to have started  after I brought her home from the store.

@Taffeta so far my Target has only stocked the unicorn/pegasus set twice. I bought 3 out of the first set and a couple of weeks later they had another full set of 6.

My Target only stocked Rainbows a few times. Once in English only boxes, and a couple of times in the bilingual boxes. The last few times I checked my Target didn’t have any more Rainbows.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1001 on: October 16, 2018, 07:48:29 AM »
I haven't seen the unicorn/pegasus set at all.  The Rainbow pony and Collector pony sets are always in stock though.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: October 16, 2018, 10:18:00 AM »
My Target has restocked the rainbows at least three times and they seem to be selling decently. The wave 3 set might be on its first stocking. Given they put it in an odd location, might be a case of someone just deboxed and parked them there. Last time I visited some of them had been placed with the other retro ponies. Going to say wave 3 isn't that widely released yet.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: October 17, 2018, 09:10:14 AM »
Yeah, I agree with the consensus — Wave 3 isn’t common here in the U.S. I’ve only found Glory so far, and I’ve been back to the same Target (and others) with no sign of more of Wave 3. There are usually rainbow ponies in stock, and almost always collector ponies, at all Targets in my area. The employee I talked to at Target when I purchased Glory indicated that once all of the Wave 3 ponies that a particular Target has are purchased, an automatic request for more is sent out. Since I *think* we’ve established that the Wave 3 and collector ponies have the same DCPI, this might mean the collectors will have to sell first before Wave 3 is ordered; although since there were collector ponies at the store I found Glory at, maybe right now the shipment could include either collectors or Wave 3. Did that make sense . . .
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 09:11:45 AM by Haruna »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #1004 on: October 17, 2018, 09:53:50 AM »
The employee I talked to at Target when I purchased Glory indicated that once all of the Wave 3 ponies that a particular Target has are purchased, an automatic request for more is sent out. Since I *think* we’ve established that the Wave 3 and collector ponies have the same DCPI, this might mean the collectors will have to sell first before Wave 3 is ordered; although since there were collector ponies at the store I found Glory at, maybe right now the shipment could include either collectors or Wave 3.
That would explain why it looked like the Unipegs replaced the collectors at my store, but were back on the shelf after I bought the set. I was considering buying a second Butterscotch to de-box (I've fallen in love with her ahh) for pictures, but now I'll be sure to pick one up at some point to move this set along and get wave 3 back.

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal