collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 245656 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #930 on: October 02, 2018, 01:27:40 PM »
Great pic Taffeta. :)  Sering how large the box is I do think the Nursery is too large for to hope for a retro version.

I checked Walmart today and there were no retro ponies but the were moving the toy aisles around.

I’m missing 3 Rainbows and 3 unicorns/pegasus ponies to complete my sets.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #931 on: October 02, 2018, 01:40:05 PM »
Today's collector ponies on the shelves were two Cotton Candies and two Butterscotches.  Very random since Cotton Candy usually is the first sold.  :)

Edit:  One challenge with the Nursery is there isn't really any way to disassemble it to make it smaller.  It's just two halves of a big rectangle.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 01:41:36 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: October 02, 2018, 01:47:40 PM »
And yet Moonstone is still Cotton Candy (sigh) xD. Oh well. Yay for you guys if they show up in Walmart too :)

I am not even sure if Asda is owned by Walmart at all still here now, I don't know since the thing with Sainsburys, but I haven't seen any sign of them turning up there. Mind you they are in weird stores here in general :/

Also, Lullabye Nursery box! (With six and a half year old for scale ;)
Spoiler

Aww what an adorable picture.

I went to Wal-Mart. Sadly, there were none.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline aria_elwen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: October 02, 2018, 04:21:10 PM »
And yet Moonstone is still Cotton Candy (sigh) xD. Oh well. Yay for you guys if they show up in Walmart too :)

I am not even sure if Asda is owned by Walmart at all still here now, I don't know since the thing with Sainsburys, but I haven't seen any sign of them turning up there. Mind you they are in weird stores here in general :/

Also, Lullabye Nursery box! (With six and a half year old for scale ;)
Spoiler

Great photo, Taffeta! My lasting memory of the nursery is seeing this massive box on a lower shelf next to Dream castle. They were about the same size as me.  ;)

As for Asda it remains a subsidiary of Walmart so we might have a chance. It all depends how they work out their stocks. Asda remains fairly independent from its parent which is both good and bad.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #934 on: October 03, 2018, 05:19:11 AM »
Interesting observation about John Lewis today. The last time I was there the Collector Pony label had gone from the shelf. Today there was just one Butterscotch but a lot of Rainbows. So it seems John Lewis may be phasing out Collector Ponies.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline aria_elwen

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 03, 2018, 09:51:47 AM »
I am pleased to report that the collector ponies are in Weymouth's Toymaster. They seem to be selling well as it looks like they had two cases on display. One case has sold and they're now down to Snuzzle, Minty and Butterscotch (Blossom has come home with me :P).
They're also in the catalogue so they're clearly expecting more.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: October 03, 2018, 01:03:01 PM »
Okay, I finally wrote a polite letter to the manager of my local Target explaining that the Collector ponies have the same DPCI as the Unicorn/Pegasus set, but they are DIFFERENT SETS and begged them to order the Unicorns/Pegasi.  :P  I hope that works!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #937 on: October 03, 2018, 01:19:12 PM »
Okay, I finally wrote a polite letter to the manager of my local Target explaining that the Collector ponies have the same DPCI as the Unicorn/Pegasus set, but they are DIFFERENT SETS and begged them to order the Unicorns/Pegasi.  :P  I hope that works!

Hooves crossed for you!

@Aria_elwen, that's great news! Are the Rainbows also in their catalogue or just the collectors? I only saw Collectors in Epsom but I will go back now it's into their autumn catalogue time to see what they have. Ditto Ealing, which didn't have any last time but may do now...

I forgot to mention, John Lewis had almost 2 complete sets of Rainbows (no Moonstones. Weird O.o) and both Starshines had some discolouration. I ended up being the shifty person in the store as I had to text my sister to see if she wanted me to buy one of them, then send her pictures, then wait for her to decide. In the end she wasn't fussed by the discolouring so I ended up buying her one - but it does seem to be in the English language boxes here as well.

I didn't really look at many of the others, but Sunlight looked fine.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 02:20:12 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: October 03, 2018, 03:15:07 PM »
Ooh, maybe I should do that!

Offline Kiwichi

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: October 03, 2018, 03:15:26 PM »
hmm.. still havent seen wave 3 here in my area yet.  Target "had" restocked their shelves after the July clearance but currently the shelves are pretty bare and Target has not cared to restock their shelves again.  I hate the way Target has organized their toys, I cant find anything Im looking for easily.  Walmart restocked with all new toys and new toy lines they are carrying(saw calico critters and all the new polly pockets & shopkins toys!), all the shelves were stacked to the edge of the shelf:-)  Wow- it felt like christmas walking down their toy aisles \*0*/ ...lol...  I saw the post here and checked my Walmart aisles but didnt see any retro ponies though. 

OT: After looking at the new polly pockets lockets, it just lacked color and detail (it was mostly 2 colors hot pink & purple), it was really disappointing.  We did buy a Shopkin Lil Secret Pet Shop (OMG- so cute!!!  And its got felt detail inside, so soft!) and some Breyer dog blind bags for our new shop.  We also purchased a set of the new Mighty Paw Patrols (their front paws light up, how cool is that- lol), disappointed Everest was no where to be found.  Anyhow, so looking forward to christmas and gifting myself MLP wave 3 ;)   

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: October 04, 2018, 06:24:42 AM »
My Sunlight is ruined. She's got a big pink stain on her butt where the bow touched the plastic. Her head also halfway ripped where the plug is attached when I tried to remove it.

It's custom time now... I will rehair her and cover up that stain with a star or something.

:pout:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: October 04, 2018, 06:41:48 AM »
Aw no . . . :(

Suggestion:  Take a pic of the stain and send it to Basic Fun before you customize her?

I need to check my ponies . . . Will be sending pics to them as well if I find any stains.  The thing is it's kind of hard to tell with the ones who are still in the boxes.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: October 04, 2018, 07:04:39 AM »
Yep, just did.
I am a little bummed out because it's extra labor to attach the bow to the tail and it wasn't necessary at all. If the bow had been seperate it wouldn't have happened.

I am glad I can fix it. It's around the tail but only on one side. She'll be getting a cool new haircolor now.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: October 04, 2018, 01:31:49 PM »
I’m sorry that happened Zapper. I would check my ponies for ribbon stains but they’re still in the boxes.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: October 04, 2018, 01:54:16 PM »

Ooooh great idea!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal