collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 244015 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #915 on: October 01, 2018, 09:02:40 AM »
I just don’t know that the stores are going to want to provide the space for a large play set.  My Target can hardly be bothered to find space for the ponies themselves.  The waterfall might be a possibility since it could be broken down into a similar sized box as the Pretty Parlor.

Oh I'm sure some Targets can. The one closest to us carries playsets. The Spirit Riding Free Stable is sizable. There are several dollhouses of varying sizes, including a new Jumbo sized Barbie playhouse that is a little taller then my waist. (I'm 5'1)  the Pretty Parlor, shopkins playsets, Calico Critters.

I didn’t mean playsets in general.  I meant playsets for a niche line like retro toys.

A playset is a playset. Retro or otherwise.

But they are only going to afford so much room for retro MLP.  Spirit is a toy line that is current and has its own sizable space on the toy isle.  Retro mlp is stuck on an end cap with a bunch of other items.  And not even all Targets even give them that much space.  Making room for a large retro playsets would mean less room for other items.  Not to mention that large playsets tend to shelf sit a lot because they are both big and costly.  Nostalgia might be great for pocket money items like a $10-20 dollar item.  But I don’t think nostalgia for the non-collector will cause them to buy anything larger.  And I don’t think Target will gamble on it either.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: October 01, 2018, 09:11:40 AM »
I’d love to see more playsets including Lullabye Nursery and Dream Castle. :lovey: but I do think the smaller playsets are more likely to be reproduced than the larger ones. The School of Dance and the buggys/strollers don’t take up much space. The box for Lullabye Nursery box was pretty big. I’ve got a picture of it somewhere.

My Target store is set up like Sunset’s. All the retro ponies are crammed on an endcap that has other retro toys and the retro Pretty Parlor.

I also think the Waterfall playset has a good chance of being reproduced as Basic Funalready has the correct mold for Sprinkles.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 01, 2018, 09:12:00 AM »
I just don’t know that the stores are going to want to provide the space for a large play set.  My Target can hardly be bothered to find space for the ponies themselves.  The waterfall might be a possibility since it could be broken down into a similar sized box as the Pretty Parlor.

Oh I'm sure some Targets can. The one closest to us carries playsets. The Spirit Riding Free Stable is sizable. There are several dollhouses of varying sizes, including a new Jumbo sized Barbie playhouse that is a little taller then my waist. (I'm 5'1)  the Pretty Parlor, shopkins playsets, Calico Critters.

I didn’t mean playsets in general.  I meant playsets for a niche line like retro toys.

A playset is a playset. Retro or otherwise.

But they are only going to afford so much room for retro MLP.  Spirit is a toy line that is current and has its own sizable space on the toy isle.  Retro mlp is stuck on an end cap with a bunch of other items.  And not even all Targets even give them that much space.  Making room for a large retro playsets would mean less room for other items.  Not to mention that large playsets tend to shelf sit a lot because they are both big and costly.  Nostalgia might be great for pocket money items like a $10-20 dollar item.  But I don’t think nostalgia for the non-collector will cause them to buy anything larger.  And I don’t think Target will gamble on it either.

Strawberry Shortcake had them. MLP has already had one. It can have another.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Cheshire_Raptor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
  • We're All Mad Here, or Soon Will Be.
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 01, 2018, 03:13:31 PM »
Just got the second wave Rainbow Scented Ponies. And the Pretty Parlor. I wasn't one for playsets back in the 80s and this Pretty Parlor is the first one I've ever gotten. Tbh, I just care about the ponies and collecting them. If the set has a special pony in it, I will probably get it as I did the Parlor.  I'll have to take a close look at the ponies themselves once I have them in hand (Hubby is in the US and got them while I'm in Mexico) to see if there is any discoloration or other defects that people are reporting.

No third wave ponies in stock anywhere, but I created a notification on Brickseek for one pony and figured if they get her in stock, the others will be there as well.

Offline SailorEarth

• Xena: Warrior Pony
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cosplaycassie.com
« Reply #919 on: October 01, 2018, 03:33:13 PM »
My Amazon order for the rainbow ponies was canceled :( My closest Target is about 45 minutes away and the last time I was there (right around the time the rainbow ponies popped up) all they had was an endcap with a few lonely collector's pose ponies and a couple pretty parlors.

I saw on Basic Fun's website that Walmart is listed as a distributor of their MLP line. Has anyone seen them in Walmart in the US yet? As far as I know they've only been seen in Target.

Wish List~Pony Sales
Thanks Lina & Rainbowjuice for my adoptables!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: October 01, 2018, 04:11:59 PM »
My Amazon order for the rainbow ponies was canceled :( My closest Target is about 45 minutes away and the last time I was there (right around the time the rainbow ponies popped up) all they had was an endcap with a few lonely collector's pose ponies and a couple pretty parlors.

I saw on Basic Fun's website that Walmart is listed as a distributor of their MLP line. Has anyone seen them in Walmart in the US yet? As far as I know they've only been seen in Target.

Nope. That's very strange that they did. It would not be unwelcomed though.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: October 01, 2018, 07:32:35 PM »
The box for Lullabye Nursery box was pretty big. I’ve got a picture of it somewhere.

Yes it is a very large box, about 2 feet on each side so like, 8 cubic feet?
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: October 01, 2018, 07:47:13 PM »

I saw that too and it is very interesting.  Possibly a new development?  I know that one of the replies I got earlier this year asking about more ponies it was explicitly stated that they would *not* be available at Walmart.  But maybe new deals where struck after TRU died.

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #923 on: October 01, 2018, 07:57:47 PM »
It's probably an academic answer from me since apparently they can't get the certification even for the Parlour here! But I would be surprised to have any bigger playset. A nice display one would be the Waterfall...but then the original was so delicate, would they want to risk it?

I suppose they might do Dream Castle as a piece de resistance of the line - but I'm not sure. The Grooming Parlour is easy and small and compact. Other than the other parlour/BMBB and the Kitchen (not in the US and full of tiny fiddly bits), there aren't any others that really fit those categories.

School of Dance is the only one that might work in that vein...?

Rerelease Paradise Estate. :devious: The toy selections at our stores are pitiful, they don't carry any playsets, really. Shelf space is saved for those plushes that everyone buys. :rolleyes: I don't think I've even seen Sugar Cube Corner or Carousel Boutique from the FiM collection.

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: October 01, 2018, 10:09:27 PM »

They were specified to *not* be sold at Walmart, even though Hasbro's normal mlp toys are sold there. Walmart tends to force companies to sell their product for very low prices to Walmart and I can totally understand Basic Fun not wanting to make less to sell more.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Strawberrysweets

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Like a strawberry, I'm sweet but I can be sour too
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: October 02, 2018, 12:55:41 AM »
Windy and Parasol found in my hometown in Norway to my surprise. I asked if they would take in any other retro setts but they couldn't as they did not sell well and was pricy. Which is not surprising when you live in a small valley town out in no where.
Bought the two anyways as christmas gifts to my nieces since they liked my rainbow collection.

-Edit-
I think its part of Ringo or 'Yes!' store chain (its a book+cloth+jewelry+toy mixed little store).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 12:58:33 AM by Strawberrysweets »
Icon by Minty_Magic

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 02, 2018, 01:25:36 AM »
just wondering, is there a list of counties the 35th ponies are showing up in, would love to know :D

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #927 on: October 02, 2018, 06:40:50 AM »
They were specified to *not* be sold at Walmart, even though Hasbro's normal mlp toys are sold there. Walmart tends to force companies to sell their product for very low prices to Walmart and I can totally understand Basic Fun not wanting to make less to sell more.

They were, but their site does in fact now say that they're available at Walmart. I haven't seen them there yet myself though.

http://mlpretro.basicfun.com/#ponies

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 02, 2018, 07:06:53 AM »

They were, but their site does in fact now say that they're available at Walmart. I haven't seen them there yet myself though.

http://mlpretro.basicfun.com/#ponies

Well that's something. I'll definitely stop by after I drop daughter dearest off from school. I still need to snag her Parasol and Starshine.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #929 on: October 02, 2018, 10:20:31 AM »
And yet Moonstone is still Cotton Candy (sigh) xD. Oh well. Yay for you guys if they show up in Walmart too :)

I am not even sure if Asda is owned by Walmart at all still here now, I don't know since the thing with Sainsburys, but I haven't seen any sign of them turning up there. Mind you they are in weird stores here in general :/

Also, Lullabye Nursery box! (With six and a half year old for scale ;)
Spoiler
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal