collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 244119 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #870 on: September 20, 2018, 11:58:31 AM »
Speaking of boxes, do the bilingual ones in the US have the cutaway window on the side like the newer English language collector pony boxes?

Because the boxes in French and English on the Rainbow Ponies I got from Amazon here don't have the cutaway window. They have the pictures of the rainbow ponies down both sides.

The all English ones we have in stores here are definitely aimed for the US market, as the word colour is spelled color on the back. Not that HAsbro didn't do this a few times in the eighties too, but just saying.

I am trying to decide which Windy to open ><
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 20, 2018, 12:45:18 PM »
Speaking of boxes, do the bilingual ones in the US have the cutaway window on the side like the newer English language collector pony boxes?

Because the boxes in French and English on the Rainbow Ponies I got from Amazon here don't have the cutaway window. They have the pictures of the rainbow ponies down both sides.

The all English ones we have in stores here are definitely aimed for the US market, as the word colour is spelled color on the back. Not that HAsbro didn't do this a few times in the eighties too, but just saying.

I am trying to decide which Windy to open ><

Here's a pic of the bilingual box and the English only box side by side. :) Starshine is in a bilingual English/French box and Moonstone is in an English only box.

Due to all the posts on Moonstone yellowing/discoloring already  I checked mine when I was pulling them out for photos and she seems to be fine. She has some shiny spots that aren't discolored but I think that's just part of the scented plastic. My Windy's scent (all of mine are still MIB right now) doesn't seem as srong as when she was new and neither does Moonstone's. Starshine's is still really strong though.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 20, 2018, 01:11:20 PM »
I bought the "case" of Rainbows, as they had not yet been added to the floor-   My Moonstone looks at least evenly "green" but upon closer inspection, some of the ponies do have what appear to be dirt smudges.  Starshine being the most obvious.  She even has a blue mark on her neck?  I hope it comes off...

I am sad to hear that some have yellowing though, I hope mine are okay after a few years.  I remember I had some Strawberry Shortcake ponies from 2002 or so, they all, even in their packages, became significantly discolored after a few years.   I worry this may be the case with these ponies, although it won't stop me from buying them I guess :D

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: September 20, 2018, 02:15:57 PM »
@Ponyfan, thanks for that. So basically there are 2 versions of the bilingual boxes as well..? Sigh.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #874 on: September 20, 2018, 02:18:05 PM »
I am just glad the unicorns / pegasi set isn't scented, so they should hopefully avoid potential issues.  Although all my Rainbow ponies are fine at the present.  My Starshine is definitely the most potent of them, smell-wise!  She is out of package, but nonetheless sometimes a wave of vanilla hits me from across the room, LOL.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: September 20, 2018, 05:49:51 PM »
I am pretty excited I might be able to have the full set of the Rainbow ponies! My mom is going out of town tomorrow and is going to stop at a Target tomorrow! :)

Sad to see all the issues, but we have to remember nothing is perfect in life.

I am also a life time collector of Breyer Horses and those also have issues! And some of them are not cheap and still have little flaws in there paint.

We can be all crabby about things forever or just be happy that these ponies are being made in the first place! Don't sweat the small stuff. :) Life is to short!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 21, 2018, 09:30:42 AM »
I got news from the same person I know at Target, and they told me they couldn't figure out why they had three stray rainbow ponies. However, their actual full set is supposed to come in on the 25th.
I wonder if it might have been overstock from Canada, since we're right nearby. Might expain the bilingual boxes, honestly.

That could be- maybe the Target with overstock stuffed some Rainbows in with some Classics and sent them over (since they have the same sell code in the computer)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: September 22, 2018, 06:28:30 AM »
We can be all crabby about things forever or just be happy that these ponies are being made in the first place! Don't sweat the small stuff. :) Life is to short!

:iconclap:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: September 22, 2018, 12:15:36 PM »
My Target still had the same set of unicorns/pegaus ponies that was there last week. (The 2 I bought last week, Twilight and Moondancer were missing) I bought Sunbeam today. :) They had the 4 remaining unicorn/pegasus ponies  2 Snuzzles, and 1 Minty today. One of the Snuzzles was in the 1st style Collector box but I think she might have been repackaged and returned. She had a large blue mark on her and her mane looked messy compared to the other Snuzzle on the shelf. There were also two Pretty Parlor sets.

I hope the Rainbows will also be restocked. Basic Fun moved pretty quickly from the Rainbow ponies to the unicorn/pegasus sets. I now have a half set of Rainbows and a half set of unicorn/pegasus ponies.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned already but the unicorn/pegasus ponies have the extended window/cutaway box version and the names look like stickers instead of being printed on the cardboard.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 12:28:27 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Souffaloufagous

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: September 23, 2018, 01:55:05 PM »
Man, ever since I saw the Uni&Pegs the one time NO WHERE to be found. Going nuts going to target 3-4x a week!

Wave 1 is still shelf warming with occasional restocks...less of the rainbows, but definitely still being restocked over here!

Also my parasol is TOTALLY discoloring! Her head is a different color than her body. Her body is more pinky and the head has a yellow tinge! :(

« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 02:01:27 PM by Souffaloufagous »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: September 23, 2018, 03:06:26 PM »
Man, ever since I saw the Uni&Pegs the one time NO WHERE to be found. Going nuts going to target 3-4x a week!

Wave 1 is still shelf warming with occasional restocks...less of the rainbows, but definitely still being restocked over here!

Also my parasol is TOTALLY discoloring! Her head is a different color than her body. Her body is more pinky and the head has a yellow tinge! :(

Ohh maan. :(
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #881 on: September 24, 2018, 12:02:15 PM »
So today I asked the Target employees to check in the back for the 3rd wave unicorn / pegasus set . . . Unfortunately, as we already know, they have the same DCPI as the Collector ponies.  So the employee brought out a box but it was Blue Belle, Snuzzle, etc.

Then he said something that makes sense:  since the two sets have the same DCPI, Target's inventory system sees them as being "the same."  The system has no way of distinguishing Collector pony set vs Unicorn / Peg set.  So as long as they have a lot of stock of Collector ponies, they won't re-order.  Once they reach a low number of that DCPI, they will automatically re-order, which would presumably be when they'd get the unicorn / pegasus set.

"But it will be a while," he said, "because it looks like we have 14 in the backroom."  I didn't ask if he meant 14 collector ponies or 14 CASES of collector ponies, I was busy dying a little inside.

I am thinking about writing a letter to the manager of the Target and asking if they can step outside the automated system to 'manually' order the 3rd wave.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: September 24, 2018, 12:04:48 PM »
I find sometimes, that showing a picture of what you want helps a lot.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: September 24, 2018, 01:32:12 PM »
Well no luck on her trip either this time! Maybe next time they will have Starshine, Windy and Skydancer!!! :)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: September 24, 2018, 01:44:17 PM »
So today I asked the Target employees to check in the back for the 3rd wave unicorn / pegasus set . . . Unfortunately, as we already know, they have the same DCPI as the Collector ponies.  So the employee brought out a box but it was Blue Belle, Snuzzle, etc.

That gives me some hope that maybe unicorns and pegs will sneak over here ninja style under the guise of collector ponies earlier than expected. Also that they might be at the same price point, since here of course rainbows cost more...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal