collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 247703 times)

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #1635 on: April 03, 2019, 02:19:15 PM »
I told myself I was only going to buy Starflower from the second edition Rainbows, but no plan survives first contact with the enemy. :P After seeing Confetti in person, I couldn't leave her behind. She's not all that much whiter than my vintage Confetti, but I recognize that I may be lucky in that regard. (I think my old Confetti is the mail order version? She's made of the same "chalk white" plastic as Sundance, not the creamier white of most other ponies.)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The hair is spot on, but her eyes are a lot paler. The really striking difference is her symbol though. The green is pretty close, but instead of the same deep magenta-red as Moondancer's stars, she has a bright coral color that flashes with a hot pink iridescence! Judging from pictures, they used this color glitter for Flutterbye's symbol too... which doesn't make much sense to me considering that it's nearly the same color as her body, but oh well. It makes me really curious to see if Starflower's stars will get the neon upgrade!

i told myself the same thing, 'starflower only' LoL. i might be tempted to change my mind if i see them all in person. congrats. she is such a lovely girl and those colours pop.

hey a question to all, does all moondancer's have purple running through her tail and blending through her mane instead of just one streak in her mane? do other uni's have that? i just seem to see pics of moondancer with this going on.

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1636 on: April 03, 2019, 02:25:23 PM »
I haven't seen the others yet (Glory, etc), but my Moondancer definitely has some purple running through her tail and the mane purple is much more blended to the red than in the original pony. I like this effect, personally. Don't know if it impacts Glory but haven't noticed it in photos of the two with white hair.

I've also noticed the stark difference with the pink/red glitter. It makes the biggest impact IMO in Flutterbye because her symbol just doesn't stand out as much :/

Tickle the retro also has thicker glitter on her leaves than my original one (who admittedly has some rust issues and has seen better days)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: April 03, 2019, 03:29:23 PM »
My Moondancer is also like that. I think it's just the way Basic Fun decided to do her mane and tail. Here's a pic of My Moondancer.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 03:31:05 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline shabbychicdee

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: April 03, 2019, 04:24:06 PM »
thanks guys :) yeah it looks like moonie's are all like that.

wanted list
for trade

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: April 03, 2019, 05:31:30 PM »
I can confirm that Glory, Sunbeam, and Twilight only have one color in their tail. Moondancer is special, I guess. :) I was actually disappointed that Glory didn't have blue in her tail, because I think it's a pretty cool little touch personally.

Unlike the originals that have the mane stripe as a short, distinctly separate third section, the retros' stripe is longer and sewn directly in line with the first row of the mane, so there is a more blended effect with the other hair plugs. It's not as noticeable when the mane is lighter than the stripe (Sunbeam, Twilight) but it really stands out when the mane is darker (Glory, Moondancer).

Tickle the retro also has thicker glitter on her leaves
:blink: Umm... I think you mean feathers? ;)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: April 03, 2019, 05:44:24 PM »
I can confirm that Glory, Sunbeam, and Twilight only have one color in their tail. Moondancer is special, I guess. :) I was actually disappointed that Glory didn't have blue in her tail, because I think it's a pretty cool little touch personally.

Unlike the originals that have the mane stripe as a short, distinctly separate third section, the retros' stripe is longer and sewn directly in line with the first row of the mane, so there is a more blended effect with the other hair plugs. It's not as noticeable when the mane is lighter than the stripe (Sunbeam, Twilight) but it really stands out when the mane is darker (Glory, Moondancer).

Tickle the retro also has thicker glitter on her leaves
:blink: Umm... I think you mean feathers? ;)
...Yes. I do. Why on earth did I say leaves? It's been a long day but seriously...

xD Thanks for picking that up ;) I can only assume I was distracted by the daily drama that is our country at the moment and miswrote...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline shabbychicdee

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: April 03, 2019, 08:16:16 PM »
i kind of like it too, going by the pictures, on monndancer, not sure if the others would suit it as much. kind of reminds me of the Mexican unicorns with the blended stripe.

wanted list
for trade

Offline missbonbon

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: April 04, 2019, 11:13:27 AM »
Does anyone know when Pinwheel and Starflower are coming out? Or have they already? Our store finally got a box of them in but neither of these were in it.

Please visit my photobucket to see my princess variant wish list. Photos borrowed from Shelti's site with permission. If they are your photos and don't want them on my link, please let me know, I will take them down right away!

Missbonbon's Princess Variant Wish List

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: April 04, 2019, 11:43:31 AM »
Does anyone know when Pinwheel and Starflower are coming out? Or have they already? Our store finally got a box of them in but neither of these were in it.

I haven’t heard anything other than “later this year”

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: April 04, 2019, 02:21:25 PM »

I haven’t heard anything other than “later this year”

I think there was some indication of summer, but summer is a wide window. I had assumed they would all come to the UK in June/July together, but the four have happened without the two, so now I have no idea if that's still realistic as a projected date. A store here did indicate they would be available here in that time period BUT they might just have meant the four.

Edit to add: I just noticed that Trickles, Confetti and Flutterbye are now on Amazon.co.uk, £12.99 each. Trickles is not in stock, but Confetti and Flutterbye appear to be, albeit with a long dispatch date so maybe not actually.

Can't see Tickle at the moment - but just a heads up for anyone in the UK who doesn't expect to get them in stores near them :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Pony-35279-Ponies-Flutterbye-Collectible/dp/B07PZ89M3Y/ref=sr_1_21?keywords=basic+fun+pony&qid=1554415807&s=gateway&sr=8-21

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Pony-35277-Ponies-Confetti-Collectible/dp/B07PZ89VQ2/ref=sr_1_22?keywords=basic+fun+pony&qid=1554415807&s=gateway&sr=8-22

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Pony-35274-Ponies-Trickles-Collectible/dp/B07NQSMNH7/ref=sr_1_19?keywords=basic+fun+pony&qid=1554415807&s=gateway&sr=8-19
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 03:12:47 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #1645 on: April 05, 2019, 05:42:27 PM »
None at the two closest Targets to me. The one says they are not going to restock them. My favorite one has been continuously restocking the first few lines and they sell out each time, so people must be interested. Unless it is the Ebay jerks :/

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: April 05, 2019, 05:54:52 PM »
Just adding to what I said above about Amazon and the Rainbows, they are also showing up for France, Germany and Spain - but a lot of those listed seem to be from the UK. However France at least has them listed as being sold via amazon.fr - which seems a good sign for people in France.

Current prices less so, around €20.

They are stupidly expensive on those sites though. I can't figure out how you can get away with charging 19€ for a single collector pony when the set of 3 is around €35. They were $9.99 in the US and are £9.99 here so why not €9.99 on the continent? Crazy.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #1647 on: April 05, 2019, 07:19:44 PM »
Not sure if this is new, but I saw the collectors poses at AC Moore for $15 a pop. Sucks it's not the later waves, but nice to see them in different stores!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: April 05, 2019, 10:25:11 PM »
My favorite Target still has the shelf tags but once again no ponies. Haven't asked anyone if they're restocking or if I missed said restocking. They did have the pretty parlor which I was so tempted to buy but I restrained myself.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: April 06, 2019, 03:33:18 AM »
Just adding to what I said above about Amazon and the Rainbows, they are also showing up for France, Germany and Spain - but a lot of those listed seem to be from the UK. However France at least has them listed as being sold via amazon.fr - which seems a good sign for people in France.

Current prices less so, around €20.

They are stupidly expensive on those sites though. I can't figure out how you can get away with charging 19€ for a single collector pony when the set of 3 is around €35. They were $9.99 in the US and are £9.99 here so why not €9.99 on the continent? Crazy.

:hug: :hug: Taffeta

yes we all saw that on Amazon their crazy prices!!  We got the information they may appear in 2 stores: la grande récré (someone saw them already on shelves!!!  :shocked: :shocked:) and in Jouéclub. I have called the different Joueclub stores near my town every day this week and at the moment they have nothing  :cry: :cry: Prices would be 14,99€ by La grande récré and 13.99€ by Jouéclub a bit less than the previous price of Amazon! Let's hope we will get them!!!! For the rest of the EU still no information  :cry: :cry: :cry: I wish so much they will come accross all Europe!!!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 03:35:28 AM by Bibinettepony »
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal