collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!  (Read 244166 times)

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: 35th Anniversary Collectors Pony's - Part 2!
« Reply #1380 on: February 06, 2019, 11:40:12 AM »
I would be thrilled if they made Mimic and the other twinkle eyes.  I could never justify her ebay prices.  And for me, a remake would be awesome.  I suppose that would mean that ebay sellers would have to show pics of the bottom of feet after that.

And... I love the Mountain Boy ponies so much more than Big Brother.  I'd love any one of them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1381 on: February 06, 2019, 12:17:06 PM »
The Waterfall is bigger than the parlour is. Base dimensions make it so...I would estimate box size of the original is almost twice as big as the parlour box (although you can fit 2 waterfalls dismantled into the US waterfall box, because that's how mine is stored...) For size comparison, I use one of my UK waterfall boxes for the Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe, it fits about the same so that gives you rough dimensions.

It also isn't as compact, which may affect space considerations. As a toy it would be fine and for collectors as the old ones break easily...but maybe a risky as a nostalgic toy. Is it more iconic as a set in the US? It appeared often in comics here but never looked like the playset...and it isn't explicitly in the cartoons either...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 12:41:30 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1382 on: February 06, 2019, 12:22:43 PM »
The Waterfall is bigger than the parlour is. Base dimensions make it so...it also isn't as compact. As a toy it would be fine and for collectors as the old ones break easily...but maybe a risky as a nostalgic toy. Is it more iconic as a set in the US? It appeared often in comics here but never looked like the playset...and it isn't explicitly in the cartoons either...

It's not iconic in the slightest. :P The Dream Castle is more would be a better release. But I see a lot of collectors wanting the Waterfall or having interest in it, it's one that's harder to obtain I think. I rarely see them on eBay.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: February 06, 2019, 12:36:09 PM »
The Waterfall is bigger than the parlour is. Base dimensions make it so...it also isn't as compact. As a toy it would be fine and for collectors as the old ones break easily...but maybe a risky as a nostalgic toy. Is it more iconic as a set in the US? It appeared often in comics here but never looked like the playset...and it isn't explicitly in the cartoons either...

It's not iconic in the slightest. :P The Dream Castle is more would be a better release. But I see a lot of collectors wanting the Waterfall or having interest in it, it's one that's harder to obtain I think. I rarely see them on eBay.

I think that's because of the problems with the rainbow/sun section of the playset. It's very delicate at the clips and is prone to breaking either in the bits that affix to the base or the one that affixes to the cloud (especially this as the cloud is a little heavy and after time or some play is going to put pressure on the plastic anyway). I never had this set from new but I've seen lots of them second hand with breaks or cracks along those clips :/ Plus with it being a water toy there's mould potential, and also discolouration happens on the cloud (possibly in the US also on the base? I haven't seen it on the UK base as it's green...).

I'd actually *love* to see it produced by BF and I would buy it if it came here, even with a white base, because if nothing else it would be the third version to be sold here - but I just feel like something like Brush me Beautiful Boutique is more likely :/ (Though if they added Kiss Curl for the US market that'd at least be something new).

Waterfall release would be best with the prototype medley coloured Sprinkles though, right? I mean, a nice regular Sprinkles with decent hair and no yellowing would be awesome, but the proto is cooler. Since I guess it's unlikely a BF release of the Waterfall would come with Cascade.

Waterfall is one of my geeky curiosities because of it being sold here with a different base and with the two releases (Sprinkles and Cascade). But I think my real fascination with it is that it existed, somehow, through the whole of my childhood, and even though my sister had Sprinkles (Second hand), I never knew the waterfall existed as a playset until I was collecting as a teenager. Even though the UK had 2 releases with 2 different ponies, it was like it never happened. That's how not-iconic it was...and probably why more than any playset it deserves a remake - but that obscurity may count against it :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1384 on: February 06, 2019, 12:43:42 PM »
The baby buggy would be a nice, compact playset. :)  Cuddles would be a great intro to baby ponies.  (Just no BBEs please, ha ha.)

I think Dream Castle, the Show Stable, and the Lullabye Nursery are too big to be appealing to Target, etc.  (Taking too much shelf space.)  They all have big parts that can't be taken apart and packed compactly.

But I would love to see the Waterfall as it's the only classic playset I've never owned.  And because, real talk:  G1 Sprinkles has terrible hair.  I'd love to see her with nice hair instead of a manky chop-job.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 12:45:40 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Wind-whistler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: February 06, 2019, 12:44:10 PM »
Hi! Newbie here, I just wanted to share the excitment by sharing an interesting vid I found on YT where you can have a close look to the new Rainbow Ponies (min.30) at the London Toy Fair 2019, they're stunning!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsL8RHssb5E
Enjoy!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1386 on: February 06, 2019, 12:47:03 PM »
NICE!  Thanks for the link, that's the best and closest video I've seen so far!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: February 06, 2019, 12:50:20 PM »
Hi! Newbie here, I just wanted to share the excitment by sharing an interesting vid I found on YT where you can have a close look to the new Rainbow Ponies (min.30) at the London Toy Fair 2019, they're stunning!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsL8RHssb5E
Enjoy!

It just makes me happy to think of them finally being in the UK <3 thanks for the link! I love seeing them so close up...I want to touch them too -.-. (Patience, Taffeta. Patience.)

@LM - the baby buggy is actually a really good call for a release, both in terms of size and potential cost...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: February 06, 2019, 02:22:06 PM »
Enjoy!

thank you so much for the link, awesome.
 funny there was no bubbles, seashell, AJ and bowtie, i thought they were being release in between the unicorn sets and the 2nd release rainbows .

the buggy would be awesome and not too expensive to get shipped to nz. fingers crossed they do that one.

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: February 06, 2019, 02:58:50 PM »
For some reason they don't seem to have been aired at the London fair. I can only assume they are not being offered to traders here at present, or if they are, they will come much later. But BF didn't originally intend to sell collector ponies here in the UK, and they are now everywhere and much easier to find than 1st set Rainbows (who we always expected to get), so who knows. We also had Rainbows here before Collector Ponies, technically, because of Amazon and online stores - although in reality they both showed up in stores close to the same time.

These might also just show up unannounced.

In any case, they are way more likely to appear at the NY fair.

On a side note - why does nobody in the UK like Butterscotch? Not only is she shelf-sitting in stores still, now Amazon have discounted her? I can only assume nobody is buying her. Poor Butterscotch.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 03:01:46 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: February 06, 2019, 06:23:28 PM »
Enjoy!

Thank you for sharing.  It’s heart warming to see a young one so enthusiastic about G1 ponies 😊

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: February 06, 2019, 08:01:11 PM »
That video is so cute!  I watched a lot of it.  That dancing stuffed animal at the beginning was awesome.

I didn’t get the pretty parlor, but I’d consider the baby buggy.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: February 07, 2019, 07:52:56 AM »
Super video - I liked how her favourite pony was Posey-pose Confetti!  ^.^
Confetti is high up on my list of BF ponies to get!  :lovey:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: February 07, 2019, 08:05:02 AM »
The baby buggy would be a nice, compact playset. :)  Cuddles would be a great intro to baby ponies.  (Just no BBEs please, ha ha.)

I think Dream Castle, the Show Stable, and the Lullabye Nursery are too big to be appealing to Target, etc.  (Taking too much shelf space.)  They all have big parts that can't be taken apart and packed compactly.

But I would love to see the Waterfall as it's the only classic playset I've never owned.  And because, real talk:  G1 Sprinkles has terrible hair.  I'd love to see her with nice hair instead of a manky chop-job.

I bought a Baby Buggy a while back for my daughter. We were surprised at how nice it is. Compact yet decently big and with a ton of effort put into its design and accessories. Plus Baby Cuddles is such a cutie.

That said, we'd prefer either the Waterfall, Showstable or (in her case) the Lullaby Nursery. I've never seen Dream Castle irl, but I guess I'd go for that. It is an iconic playset.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 08:07:41 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline 1983Baby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: February 09, 2019, 12:39:03 PM »
I found 3 of 4 Earth ponies at Target today in NJ. NoBubbles. It’s interesting because they never got wave 3 but got wave 4. Happy hunting.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal