Pony Talk > Pony Brag Arena

The best/ worst day of this year?

(1/4) > >>

emily_katie:
Hi all,
You may remember I recently posted asking for your opinions on a lot of G1 ponies and playsets I found online. Well I bought the lot, some of It at least. The seller was happy to let me buy 10 of the ponies for 20 pounds!  :biggrin:
The only issue was i had to pick up the lot myself, and it was located in a really rough area in a city, known for gangs  :shocked: so i had to get an hour long bus journey and then walk to this house alone. As you can imagine nothing happened but that doesnt mean my stress hormones were not through the roof!  :blush:

Anyway i get to the house and the woman is lovely and chatty but I was still stressed as i have some degree of social anxiety and being in a strangers house buying what she perceives to be stupid toys was a nightmare  :yikes: She gets out the ponies and asks me to confirm if they were the ones i wanted and no matter how hard i tried i couldn't focus my attention on identification so i just said yes. She bends down and brings up the G1 carry case and begins putting the ponies in (This case was not in the deal) so result i got a free carry case for my troubles!

Forward to the bus ride and i open the carry case and begin looking at the ponies, im calm now so can actually focus lol. And that's when i realise... She gave me all the correct ponies but one.... I got BBE baby half note instead of Newborn baby Toddles. So I accidently separated Tuggles and Toddles who have been together since birth  :cry:

So yeah, i got a carry case but lost a baby pony i wanted in exchange for a cursed BBE pony   :cloud:

If you were wondering who i got here you go!
Spoilervisitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sorry for the low quality but once i have cleaned these cuties up i will be sharing pictures in a brag post with other recent editions to my herd!

Noasar:
Oh no what a shame that you left one of the babies behind! Could you go back and pick it up or ask her to post it or something?

I’ve been to people’s houses before but never go alone! Be careful. So lucky that you found such an amazing lot online - they are getting harder and harder to find nowadays!

emily_katie:

--- Quote from: Noasar on June 14, 2018, 06:50:45 AM ---Oh no what a shame that you left one of the babies behind! Could you go back and pick it up or ask her to post it or something?

I’ve been to people’s houses before but never go alone! Be careful. So lucky that you found such an amazing lot online - they are getting harder and harder to find nowadays!

--- End quote ---
In theory I could go back, but its a situation where my anxiety is saying don't go back, you will look stupid  :blush:
I agree i should not have gone alone but i dont have any friends or family who could have gone with me so i took a risk :yikes:

Taffeta:
Definitely a good idea to take someone with you if going to someone's house!

Sad about the little twin. Maybe you can find someone to go with you to go back?

Congrats on the ponies you did get, though :D a nice haul for £20 and with a carrycase thrown in! Which case is it?

I once went to someone's house to look at ponies but with parents and sister. I was 16 I think at the time. But it was a house with a lot of ponies, so I made the exception and we all went. Otherwise I don't think I would have dared. I don't even look at ads and things, I admit, because the idea of going to a stranger's house terrifies me.

emily_katie:

--- Quote from: Taffeta on June 14, 2018, 07:22:11 AM ---Definitely a good idea to take someone with you if going to someone's house!

Sad about the little twin. Maybe you can find someone to go with you to go back?

Congrats on the ponies you did get, though :D a nice haul for £20 and with a carrycase thrown in! Which case is it?

I once went to someone's house to look at ponies but with parents and sister. I was 16 I think at the time. But it was a house with a lot of ponies, so I made the exception and we all went. Otherwise I don't think I would have dared. I don't even look at ads and things, I admit, because the idea of going to a stranger's house terrifies me.

--- End quote ---
I didnt even think about showing the carry case
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Its in okay condition, need a good clean as its super dusty! You can actually see residue on it from the stickers you would get with ponies, i wish she had left them on  :blush: Idk if its rare, it has Honeycomb on the back so i suppose it was EU exclusive.
I was super nervous about going but i have done it before, it was through facebook so i could see who she was from her profile and she didnt look scary which is why i went along with it, really stupid but i took a risk  :|

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version