collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The best/ worst day of this year?  (Read 2653 times)

Offline emily_katie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
The best/ worst day of this year?
« on: June 14, 2018, 06:14:37 AM »
Hi all,
You may remember I recently posted asking for your opinions on a lot of G1 ponies and playsets I found online. Well I bought the lot, some of It at least. The seller was happy to let me buy 10 of the ponies for 20 pounds!  :biggrin:
The only issue was i had to pick up the lot myself, and it was located in a really rough area in a city, known for gangs  :shocked: so i had to get an hour long bus journey and then walk to this house alone. As you can imagine nothing happened but that doesnt mean my stress hormones were not through the roof!  :blush:

Anyway i get to the house and the woman is lovely and chatty but I was still stressed as i have some degree of social anxiety and being in a strangers house buying what she perceives to be stupid toys was a nightmare  :yikes: She gets out the ponies and asks me to confirm if they were the ones i wanted and no matter how hard i tried i couldn't focus my attention on identification so i just said yes. She bends down and brings up the G1 carry case and begins putting the ponies in (This case was not in the deal) so result i got a free carry case for my troubles!

Forward to the bus ride and i open the carry case and begin looking at the ponies, im calm now so can actually focus lol. And that's when i realise... She gave me all the correct ponies but one.... I got BBE baby half note instead of Newborn baby Toddles. So I accidently separated Tuggles and Toddles who have been together since birth  :cry:

So yeah, i got a carry case but lost a baby pony i wanted in exchange for a cursed BBE pony   :cloud:

If you were wondering who i got here you go!
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sorry for the low quality but once i have cleaned these cuties up i will be sharing pictures in a brag post with other recent editions to my herd!

IG: Pastels_Parade
                                                       Tumblr: Pastel-Parade

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
Re: The best/ worst day of this year?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 06:50:45 AM »
Oh no what a shame that you left one of the babies behind! Could you go back and pick it up or ask her to post it or something?

I’ve been to people’s houses before but never go alone! Be careful. So lucky that you found such an amazing lot online - they are getting harder and harder to find nowadays!

Offline emily_katie

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 07:02:24 AM »
Oh no what a shame that you left one of the babies behind! Could you go back and pick it up or ask her to post it or something?

I’ve been to people’s houses before but never go alone! Be careful. So lucky that you found such an amazing lot online - they are getting harder and harder to find nowadays!
In theory I could go back, but its a situation where my anxiety is saying don't go back, you will look stupid  :blush:
I agree i should not have gone alone but i dont have any friends or family who could have gone with me so i took a risk :yikes:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 07:22:11 AM »
Definitely a good idea to take someone with you if going to someone's house!

Sad about the little twin. Maybe you can find someone to go with you to go back?

Congrats on the ponies you did get, though :D a nice haul for £20 and with a carrycase thrown in! Which case is it?

I once went to someone's house to look at ponies but with parents and sister. I was 16 I think at the time. But it was a house with a lot of ponies, so I made the exception and we all went. Otherwise I don't think I would have dared. I don't even look at ads and things, I admit, because the idea of going to a stranger's house terrifies me.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline emily_katie

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 07:52:43 AM »

Sad about the little twin. Maybe you can find someone to go with you to go back?

Congrats on the ponies you did get, though :D a nice haul for £20 and with a carrycase thrown in! Which case is it?

I once went to someone's house to look at ponies but with parents and sister. I was 16 I think at the time. But it was a house with a lot of ponies, so I made the exception and we all went. Otherwise I don't think I would have dared. I don't even look at ads and things, I admit, because the idea of going to a stranger's house terrifies me.
I didnt even think about showing the carry case

Its in okay condition, need a good clean as its super dusty! You can actually see residue on it from the stickers you would get with ponies, i wish she had left them on  :blush: Idk if its rare, it has Honeycomb on the back so i suppose it was EU exclusive.
I was super nervous about going but i have done it before, it was through facebook so i could see who she was from her profile and she didnt look scary which is why i went along with it, really stupid but i took a risk  :|

Offline MoonstoneFluff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • I <3 Ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 08:02:15 AM »
I can so relate to the social anxiety aspect of your story.  Honestly I would've had to take a friend with me.  You seem very capable, but please be safe in the future. <3
Formerly known as HelloKuma

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 08:17:48 AM »

Its in okay condition, need a good clean as its super dusty! You can actually see residue on it from the stickers you would get with ponies, i wish she had left them on  :blush: Idk if its rare, it has Honeycomb on the back so i suppose it was EU exclusive.
I was super nervous about going but i have done it before, it was through facebook so i could see who she was from her profile and she didnt look scary which is why i went along with it, really stupid but i took a risk  :|

I am pretty sure it's probably the mail order UK carrycase. Honeycomb is a UK pony (maybe also Scandianavia, never been sure on that one, but not Europe in general) and we definitely had MO carry cases in 1986-1987.

It is a shame the stickers were no longer stuck on it...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 08:19:51 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline emily_katie

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 08:21:03 AM »

I am pretty sure it's probably the mail order UK carrycase. Honeycomb is a UK pony (maybe also Scandianavia, never been sure on that one, but not Europe in general) and we definitely had MO carry cases in 1986-1987.

It is a shame the stickers were no longer stuck on it...
Mail order????? in the UK?????? That's unheard of!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 08:23:45 AM »
Haha! I know, right? But although we had a couple of ponies, we did have other mail order things rather than ponies. Carry cases. Fact file. Etc. And they were horseshoe point offers too.

I am thinking this probably came originally with the case you have. A letter from Megan O.O.
http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/mo_carrycase_86.jpg
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline emily_katie

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 08:39:11 AM »
Haha! I know, right? But although we had a couple of ponies, we did have other mail order things rather than ponies. Carry cases. Fact file. Etc. And they were horseshoe point offers too.

I am thinking this probably came originally with the case you have. A letter from Megan O.O.
http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/mo_carrycase_86.jpg

Wow thanks Megan.... She does have a point, I can now store 6 ponies without them getting ruined xD I will probably use it to store my fading pink ponies, especially the Wind whistler I got in the lot :D

Post Merge: June 14, 2018, 08:42:37 AM

I can so relate to the social anxiety aspect of your story.  Honestly I would've had to take a friend with me.  You seem very capable, but please be safe in the future. <3

I have re-evaluated my life and probably wont do that again  :P Its just the issue that I mentioned before, I don't have anyone who would come with me, I have friends but none of them know about my hobby, well some do but its not spoken about  :blush:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 08:42:37 AM by emily_katie »

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 09:13:25 AM »
Thats a real nice case.
I haven't picked up ponies in ages but I always try to meet up in public. Thats what you can do next time.

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 09:27:19 AM »
I have social anxiety and I've been to several strangers houses in the past few months to pick up pony lots, I get the usual anxiety attacks during the drive there but have not encountered anything unusual so far thankfully. If you can stay outside on the stoop/porch that's probably best.

Hmm I'd be having anxiety over making a mistake and having to talk to that lady again, and I'd be having anxiety about not getting the right pony. Probably I'd email her in a couple days asking to buy a couple more and then pick up the one you missed while not bringing up the mix up.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 09:29:25 AM by SaraMari »

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 09:30:04 AM »
I have social anxiety and I've been to several strangers houses in the past few months to pick up pony lots, I get the usual anxiety attacks during the drive there but have not encountered anything unusual so far thankfully.

Hmm I'd be having anxiety over making a mistake and having to talk to that lady again, and I'd be having anxiety about not getting the right pony. Probably I'd email her in a couple days asking to buy a couple more and then pick up the one you missed while not bringing up the mix up.

That is a good idea. You could suggest meeting somewhere public and if you don't want to make it awkward, say you are on your way to somewhere else so it would help to meet in x location. She's met you and sold to you before so she might be willing - she knows your money is good :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2018, 10:34:54 AM »

In theory I could go back, but its a situation where my anxiety is saying don't go back, you will look stupid  :blush:
I agree i should not have gone alone but i dont have any friends or family who could have gone with me so i took a risk :yikes:

Aw I totally empathise with the anxiety thing. My wife would be so uncomfortable doing something like that - she would just send me instead haha! My attitide would be who cares if you look silly going back...face your fears, do it for the pony! You’re probably never going to see these people again. Take the same approach with people who might find it weird you collect ponies...who cares? Embrace the weirdness!

Offline emily_katie

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2018, 11:40:15 AM »

Aw I totally empathise with the anxiety thing. My wife would be so uncomfortable doing something like that - she would just send me instead haha! My attitide would be who cares if you look silly going back...face your fears, do it for the pony! You’re probably never going to see these people again. Take the same approach with people who might find it weird you collect ponies...who cares? Embrace the weirdness!

Hmm perhaps I should go back in a costume or get someone else to get her for me  :P Any volunteers?  ;)
Thats a real nice case.
I haven't picked up ponies in ages but I always try to meet up in public. Thats what you can do next time.
that's not a bad idea!
I have social anxiety and I've been to several strangers houses in the past few months to pick up pony lots, I get the usual anxiety attacks during the drive there but have not encountered anything unusual so far thankfully.

That is a good idea. You could suggest meeting somewhere public and if you don't want to make it awkward, say you are on your way to somewhere else so it would help to meet in x location. She's met you and sold to you before so she might be willing - she knows your money is good :)
I think in my circumstance my anxiety is equal on both ends, ill take the rest of today to cool off and see how I feel tomorrow  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal