collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom *SPOILERS*  (Read 2365 times)

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom *SPOILERS*
« on: June 13, 2018, 12:07:36 PM »
Just got back from watching Fallen Kingdom.
My God, that final island scene, with the brachiosaur screaming in dispear at the boat, while clouds of ashes and fire engulf the poor creature...
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom *SPOILERS*
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 01:30:30 PM »
But do a large quantity survive?  I've been really stressing about this movie, worrying about them killing all the dinos with a volcano (yes, I know its animation, but I love dinos!).  That scene in the trailers with them falling off the cliff... Heartbreak!

The movie won't come out where I live until next week, so I have to wait.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 09:09:10 AM »
But do a large quantity survive?

A lot of them die in the island's destruction, sadly enough. And the concept of a park is now gone for good, they're taking it into a new direction.

The outline of the movie is different from the previous ones; it's not quite first-second-third act, but rather two 1-hour movies in one, each with their own beginning-middle-end (if that makes any sense). The first hour is devoted to the fall of the island, while the second hour focuses on the events at Lockwood Estate (a mansion which has a connection to the very beginning of the Jurassic saga - I loved that tiny little throwback; you'll recognize it when you hear it during the exposition scene, it's a very nice little detail).

In the end, quite some dinos do survive (because, sequels). And there's a surprise element that made me go "what?! didn't see that one coming"... Hint; it has something to do with the little girl...

The movie was a lot of fun, but it is quite different in design, like I said. But it was good to see them finally come to terms with the fact that the concept of a park can't be stretched out for all eternity.

I hope you enjoy the movie!!!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 09:12:41 AM by DreamvalleyMLP »

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 06:14:42 AM »
I cried when long neck was calling out with such a sadness... such a great film but it really pulled on my heart strings 😢

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 11:11:57 AM »
Well, just got home from watching it.  I don't believe Blue is the last of her kind.  Despite theories on the internet or stuff put out by Jurassic World's DPG website, I believe there are still dino's on Isla Sorna. 
The Brachy on the docks was so sad. 
Claire about to kill the dinos was sad.  Maisey rocks saving them.
Blood transfusion scene a little silly.  Not the sleeping T-Rex bit, but someone with no training can just run off and use a collection kit.
I'm tired of the movies turning into killing spree horror movies.  Now that dinos are in the world, maybe I can get my heartwarming tale of a young boy finding and raising a baby ceratopsian.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 04:21:47 PM »
These movies are getting worse and worse. The second was still ok even though it was already silly but at the very least it had a tiny bit of Crichton in it.
The current ones are just monster movies The Asylum could make if you gave them a high budget. Can't wait for JP6 - Dinocane (hurricane with genetically modified raptors flying around in it).

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 04:56:33 PM »
Saw it opening day and loved it but it was lacking in some major ways. It felt like they tried to cram two movie plots into one movie. Should have done less time on the island with half the human characters, flash backs are a great thing people. The Brach during the end scene was gut wrenching with a nice throw back to the first film (how it rears up). It was like watching a dog wanting to go for a ride and everyone's left.

Knew they weren't going to kill the dinosaurs because they need them for the next film. But it was a nice set up for
"would they really". The big twist I figured out half way through that last half but it was still satisfying. That fight scene with the Indo was amazing and great call backs to classic monster films.

Thought Blue was going to die and that got me the most...don't kill Blue!  If they don't mention Site B in the next film I'm gonna be pissed. Are those dinosaurs dead?

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 10:10:52 AM »
Saw it opening day and loved it but it was lacking in some major ways. It felt like they tried to cram two movie plots into one movie. Should have done less time on the island with half the human characters, flash backs are a great thing people. The Brach during the end scene was gut wrenching with a nice throw back to the first film (how it rears up). It was like watching a dog wanting to go for a ride and everyone's left.

Knew they weren't going to kill the dinosaurs because they need them for the next film. But it was a nice set up for
"would they really". The big twist I figured out half way through that last half but it was still satisfying. That fight scene with the Indo was amazing and great call backs to classic monster films.

Thought Blue was going to die and that got me the most...don't kill Blue!  If they don't mention Site B in the next film I'm gonna be pissed. Are those dinosaurs dead?

I get what you mean, one half of the movie was meant to close the park-storyline for good, the other one was supposed to take it in a new direction.

As far as I know, the creative team behind Jurassic World doesn't want to dismiss nor acknowledge JP 2 and 3, so Isla Sorna might or might not exist in the world of Jurassic World. But if it does exist, it should have been mentioned in Jurassic World 1 since it takes place after The Lost World.

Offline cookifaa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • My real pony is jealous of my vinyl ponies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 04:08:58 PM »
My goodness, that scene made me and my mum so emotional! I was devastated :cry:

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 01:20:27 PM »
Presumably the dinos were all over the island by the time it erupts, right?  That would mean any of them not directly in the path of the lava could possibly be ok, if enough plants survived to feed the animals the carnivores would then eat.  And there's hope for anything able to fly, at the very least. 

I want to know, though, if it had been 3 years since the park closed (right?), how was the mosasaur still alive?  Didn't they have to feed it at the park?  Like captive dolphins?  And how was the I-Rex skeleton still perfectly preserved in its lagoon?  If the mosasaur had eaten it (and why wouldn't it if it went to the trouble of catching her?) it would have been torn to bits and the sub would have had a heck of a lot harder time finding that perfect rib bone.   

It's been a long time since I saw JP2 and longer since I read the book but weren't all ("all") the Site B dinos deliberately destroyed?  Possibly only in the book, since it didn't have the ridiculous "let's take a t-rex back to LA" plot but did have that weird "let's make really good camouflage dinos" plot).   

I love how Rexy just keeps going, shrugging her undersized little shoulders like "whatevs, I'ma be over here eating dumb people."

Also, am I the only one that giggles every time she sees the arms on a carnotaurus? 

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2018, 07:51:35 PM »
I cried when long neck was calling out with such a sadness... such a great film but it really pulled on my heart strings 😢

Me too but then I remembered the episode of friends when Chandler said something about how sad it was when they stopped drawing the deer in Bambi (him being sarcastic of course). And that brought me back to reality lol.

Anywho, I liked the movie! Definitely had some emotional points!

Does anyone know if they have plans for another movie?

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2018, 07:10:25 AM »
I enjoyed the movie (really could've done without the Brachi on the island scene, Brachis are my fav dino so it really hit me hard and kinda put a damper on the rest of the movie for me).

We found that it was very just action filled, not much time to just enjoy the dinos like the past movies have.

And ofc there's the stinger with the fliers in Vegas.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2018, 12:02:21 AM »
There should be a third movie, at least that's what I've been reading since last summer.
As for the Mosasaurs don't know but apparently, they fudged with the size and explained it as being genetically altered. That said, it's gonna be huge! Making Jaws look like a guppy.

Carnator arms are funny, you should see the toy, itty-bitty arms.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2018, 11:56:10 PM »
Saw it a couple of days ago and.. well it was a ride. To be honest it felt like a mishmash of earlier JP movies. I sat there like, yep, that happened in no 1, that in no2 that in no3. I'm still not sure if I liked it or not. The scene with Brachiosaurus on the island broke my heart, but other than that I didn't get as emotionally invested as in the former films. When old buddy T came and did her thing I felt like, of course, had to be that scene in this one too. I'm not sure I like the direction is has taken now either.. Are people gonna start living in bunkers?

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2018, 02:11:48 PM »
I want to know, though, if it had been 3 years since the park closed (right?), how was the mosasaur still alive?  Didn't they have to feed it at the park?

I guess it lived off the dinosaurs that came too close to the water? Like the way it captured the indomunous in JW. They had to feed it because it was completely cut off from other sites/sources, but with security down, dinos could run around wherever they wanted. Eventually one would end up on the edge of the mosasaur's territory.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal