collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dumbo teaser trailer dropped  (Read 2064 times)

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
Re: Dumbo teaser trailer dropped
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2018, 12:56:10 PM »
Going into this I was saying no given how I've only like one LE movie (Alice In Wonderland). But this looked interesting in that unsettling but charming way. Though I will pitch a fit if Timothy has indeed been replaced. Also, please make new content. Don't follow one for one of the animated movie. If they're gonna do this branch out with new material sprinkled in. My biggest gripe with BATB was how close it was to the animated version or even the Broadway play.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2018, 02:44:11 AM »
I thought they might do a "hey, actually elephants hate the circus and it's really bad for them physically" theme, but instead it looks like we're going with "the circus is just one big crazy ~family~" theme, which I find annoying.

That would be stupid and would annoy me so much. It was already evident in the Disney version that they mistreated Dumbo's mother and for plot sakes it has to be kept in there. But it has the potential to be Greatest Showman levels of reality distorting.

I think Dumbo looks very much like the cartoon. It's pushing him into uncanny valley but he still looks cute somehow.
I don't get the hate for the children. A bunch of talking CG animals doesn't work outside of The Junglebook or Lionking. Especially when they are just racist caricatures like the crows. I'd rather have two smart kids helping Dumbo than a jivetalking black bird named "Jim Crow"  :lookround:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2018, 11:13:31 AM »
I fully support dumping the racist crows (or, like, keeping them but making them regular characters instead of cringey racist caricatures), but not Timothy Mouse.  Talking animals would work fine, just like they worked in Babe, Homeward Bound, Charlotte's Web, and many others.

My feeling on the live action is . . . why is Disney so enamored of it?  Why can't they redo Dumbo, or any of the others, as a new animated feature?  An elephant with giant ears is so much easier to make 'cute' in animation rather than 'realistic' CGI.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2018, 11:20:49 AM »
Tim Burton’s doing it?  Then I’ll pass.  He’s horribly overrated and his movies all look exactly the same.  Let me guess..is Danny Elfman doing the soundtrack? 

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2018, 11:40:48 AM »
Johnny Depp wasn't mentioned in the end, is he starring? (Please no)
I'm not too interested, I don't care for the children. I'd want to see Timothy the mouse instead. I will be interested in what the pink elephants sequence is.
Depp's not in this
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to SDS for my sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal