collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bella Sara Fans?  (Read 1634 times)

Offline AdmiralStarNight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
Bella Sara Fans?
« on: June 12, 2018, 04:30:37 PM »
Hey there guys! I've always low-key liked MLP toys, the MLP:FiM show brought it back to the forefront and now I'm just looking into collecting pretties and such BUT

Before this, when I was younger, about 2007, I found Bella Sara trading cards. a trading card 'game' with mystical horses, pegasus and unicorns, and became hooked. Now being young, disposable income was limited, so I never could really hardcore collect, but I amassed a sizable binder with a ton of cards from all the different expansions they had. (My favorite being the Baby Bella series, with some of my favorite partner horses having foals!)

Anyone else here a Bella Sara fan? Considering it was aimed at kids and isn't exactly a very high profile brand like... say Magic the Gathering, thought here might be a good place to look for fellows. :) After all who doesn't like magical horses? 

Look in spoiler for pics of some cards!
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MerryAnvil

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • The Resident Blacksmith Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Pony Corner
Re: Bella Sara Fans?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 04:50:17 PM »
Oooh me! I adore Bella Sara, my sis and I would get a new card pack every week with our allowance. I have 274 of them in total, plus one poster, and of course all the stickers. My sis' collection is slightly smaller but she probably has roughly around the same amount. We also really loved the online game where you could enter the codes on the cards and 'collect' the horses.

I really wish they were still around, I loved them so much.

Avatar by Shaiyeh, sig by SquarePeg! <3 Check out my pony website here!

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 05:09:57 PM »
One of the major writers for the game is now a nonprofit consultant. I met him once ; he is funny.

I do have a few cards I was given in a swap but I don't  do CCG.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 05:35:15 PM »
Oh, I loved Bella Sara before the FiM show came out, it was sort of the gateway for MLP for me. I remember it very fondly!
I grew out of and have since damaged all my cards due to water spillage, but I had a good handful of merch! I'm sad to see they are no longer making cards, it looks like the company quietly dissolved in 2011 or 2009 or something like that.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 06:11:42 PM »
I love the art work, but I never bought any of the cards as there are just so many and I know I'd go broke trying to get them all. I admire them from afar (same with Shopkins) :D
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline AdmiralStarNight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 06:44:16 PM »
Yay other people DO know of it! Sometimes I wondered if it was just a ploy to make me go crazy. :p

Nice to see other people like it too! I'd still be collecting them if they had new expansions coming out, as it stands, I'm sorely tempted to indulge myself in completed sets or unopened pack lots from ebay.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 07:23:51 PM »
I got in to Bella Sara cards about the time I got back in to collecting My Little Pony. I think most of my cards are the Treasures series. I even played the online game for a little while.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 08:38:29 PM »
I have a small tin full, actually a fairly recent buy.  They were second hand.  I remember seeing these in stores but not really having the money for yet another collection, so it was a bit of nostalgia to buy them now and sort through the couple hundred I got.  I assume the codes are all long used and/or the site's gone by now, but the cards are pretty. 

They're more like trading cards than a CCG; while nominally the cards have functions (suits/numbers) they're far from unique, no special powers or such.  The quick run through I had at the proposed 'games' didn't look very exciting.  I was more after the art.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 11:14:57 AM »
I never got into it , but kinda liked the art part about it.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 12:25:43 PM »
I bought some for my niece a few times after school to keep her busy.  But then she discovered Animal Jam and it was over.  But the artwork is so pretty and I liked the online game even though it was a bit repetitive.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2018, 02:49:43 AM »
Never knew about this. Looks like something I would have loved as a little kid! The card design is not my cup of tea but the art is beautiful.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal