collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Uk pony con 4 months left!  (Read 679 times)

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Rapunzel Pony
Uk pony con 4 months left!
« on: June 11, 2018, 10:22:55 AM »
I’m still wondering how I’m gonna get these tubs to the con. But it beats the last one I went to where all I had was a suitcase. This time I’m driving thankfully 😅 it will be my second long journey on the road.

Tubs of goodness

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online emily_katie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • My Tumblr
Re: Uk pony con 4 months left!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 11:37:12 AM »
There looks to be some interesting things in those tubs! I wish I could attend Ponycon but its just a little too far for me to travel  :cry:

:lovey:   Do what you love!  :lovey:

IG: Pastels_Parade
                                               Tumblr: Pastel-Parade

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+55)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 10:32:53 AM »
I am already predicting ponycon will be one of those moments when I have no money to buy ponies but manage to buy some anyway.

I still need to book accommodation. It is doable in a day from me either in London or home but...I would rather not.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 10:50:27 AM »
Rent a huge car :)

I have to book my flight and arrange "pocketmoney". I just had this huge bill and I was like "no, I need that money for the con"

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 06:06:05 PM »
I’m going with my sister in law this year! She loves vintage toys. I’ve missed Ponycon for a few years now so I’m excited about finally being able to go!

Online Taffeta

• Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 06:09:31 PM »
My sister just sent me a message to tell me she has her ticket booked for the Saturday too.

Last time she spent an hour and a half rationalising which ponies to buy and why she should get certain ones and not the others. Then ended up buying all the ones she had been debating. XD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline cookifaa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • My real pony is jealous of my vinyl ponies.
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 01:14:18 AM »
Eek I can't wait! We still need to book accommodation for the weekend, but I'm hoping to do that this month. We could drive there in a few hours, but I don't fancy getting up at 4am to drive all the way to Nottingham in time :|

I'm not sure how much spending money to bring with me, but I know for a fact I'm going to come home with a lot of stuff!

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 12:59:39 PM »
Lol I need to start cleaning some ponies... but it’s not my strong point as I’m not patient lol xx

Post Merge: June 17, 2018, 01:00:50 PM

There looks to be some interesting things in those tubs! I wish I could attend Ponycon but its just a little too far for me to travel  :cry:
I think it’s a 4-5hr drive for me ☺️

Post Merge: June 17, 2018, 01:01:37 PM

I’m going with my sister in law this year! She loves vintage toys. I’ve missed Ponycon for a few years now so I’m excited about finally being able to go!
I’ve missed a few years too so it will be nice to go again!

Post Merge: June 17, 2018, 01:02:31 PM

My sister just sent me a message to tell me she has her ticket booked for the Saturday too.

Last time she spent an hour and a half rationalising which ponies to buy and why she should get certain ones and not the others. Then ended up buying all the ones she had been debating. XD.
I remember when I went last time I debated a really expensive custom, I got her in the end. And she’s still sat lovingly on my shelf :)

Post Merge: June 17, 2018, 01:03:11 PM

Eek I can't wait! We still need to book accommodation for the weekend, but I'm hoping to do that this month. We could drive there in a few hours, but I don't fancy getting up at 4am to drive all the way to Nottingham in time :|

I'm not sure how much spending money to bring with me, but I know for a fact I'm going to come home with a lot of stuff!
I think I spent around £100 last time 😄
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 01:03:11 PM by Nappercasper »

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2018, 06:23:25 PM »
I am going as well. I'm a while away and will be going on a train, travelling in on Friday and coming home on Monday. So no stall for me this year, however, it means I can take part in the events a bit more!!

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2018, 06:36:20 PM »
I am going as well. I'm a while away and will be going on a train, travelling in on Friday and coming home on Monday. So no stall for me this year, however, it means I can take part in the events a bit more!!
Snap we are travelling Friday and going home Monday 😄

Online emily_katie

• Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 09:23:05 AM »
Silly Question but im a bit of a noob when it comes to the pony community haha, im guessing pony con changes venue each year? So it is in different parts of the UK? Someone let me know if I got the right end of the stick  :lol:

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2018, 10:47:28 AM »
Silly Question but im a bit of a noob when it comes to the pony community haha, im guessing pony con changes venue each year? So it is in different parts of the UK? Someone let me know if I got the right end of the stick  :lol:

Yes it generally changes location each year :) my fave location was Birmingham because the building it was in was sooo cool! Brighton was the best location in terms of town/city I had a great weekend by the sea!

Online emily_katie

• Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Bush 'n' Grow Gal
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2018, 10:51:30 AM »

Yes it generally changes location each year :) my fave location was Birmingham because the building it was in was sooo cool! Brighton was the best location in terms of town/city I had a great weekend by the sea!
Ohh cool! Generally when do you find out the next location? :) Hopefully the next one will be near me so I can come  :lol:

Online Taffeta

• Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2018, 01:22:39 PM »

Ohh cool! Generally when do you find out the next location? :) Hopefully the next one will be near me so I can come  :lol:

It moves around...the announcement this year was what, in April? Something like that? Maybe May. It depends on what the committee can arrange. It has been all over England and into Wales as well.

I wish they would go back to Birmingham or West Bromwich (which is not Birmingham xD) or somewhere West-Midlandy. East Midlandy is doable but more expensive and I will have to stay over, which adds to costs...

It's been a LONG time since it was in the West Midlands. The last few midland ones have been in East Mids (Leicester twice and now Notts).

But it is only fair that it moves around. I just wish that the midland ones were not always East Mids these days...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2018, 07:23:09 PM »
I liked Brighton and Birmingham too :)