collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price Check for Sea Swirl and Sapphire Joy  (Read 4416 times)

Offline WaterDraw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
Price Check for Sea Swirl and Sapphire Joy
« on: June 10, 2018, 04:34:10 PM »
Hey everyone, I just have a quick question!
So recently, I found a Sea Swirl and Sapphire Joy at my local Dollar Store (priced at around $6.75 or something like that each) and I remembered a while back some ponytubers claimed they were "super rare". Although I'm pretty sure they only said this just to get views on their video (as I have seen the two in particular call other ponies super rare when they aren't), it never hurts to make sure!
Of course I'm guessing they aren't super rare as they said, but what would be the suggested price for them?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 04:12:16 PM by Loa »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Price Check for Sea Swirl and Sapphrie Joy
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 05:30:54 PM »
I don't think they're super rare, but $6.25 isn't a bad price if you don't have them.  Especially if you are able to pick them up in person (if you are interested in them for your own collection), since if you bought them off eBay etc you would have to pay shipping.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 06:07:34 PM »
I would say they’re a little hard to find as the distribution for the Wave 3 pearly ponies wasn’t good (only a few stores got them) but not super rare. I think $5-$7  each is good price for them.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 06:59:29 PM »
The most I've seen em go for is about 8 bucks.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 08:34:48 PM »
Okay, thank you everyone for the information! I'm not really up to date on the later releases of G4 right before G4.5 started so I had no idea there were even waves of the pearly ponies and the only reason I was suspicious about the ponies being "super rare" was because in the past they had ponies straddling on the line of common-uncommon and called them "super rare". I'm really glad I decided to check on here because I'm not really a fan of them (especially with what I've heard about their hair) and the only reason I would buy them would be so I wouldn't have to pay something crazy in the future if I ever wanted them. 

Mimic drawn by me~

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 08:41:15 PM »
Well for that particular set, they are very difficult to find. Particularly Sea Swirl and Sapphire Joy
 The Pearly's  distribution as a whole is so awful. Even now they hardly ever pop up. I've only ever seen Cherry Berry, Applejack and Meadow Flower semi-consistently and even then, there were only one or two of them between long stretches of nothing.

From easiest to hardest:
Cherry Berry
Meadow Flower
Pretzel
Applejack
Rainbowdash
Princess Twilight Sparkle
Nurse Redhead
Pinkie Pie
Coloratura
Fluttershy
Starlight Glimmer
Sapphire Joy
Sea Swirl

So you did get the rarest of the set.. The dolphin pony is the only one I've not seen in person.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 08:54:13 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline MidnightRarity

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • G4 Collector!
    • View Profile
    • Midnight Rarity YT
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 09:56:14 PM »
Haha thanks for calling me out XD

But I made a review on these guys and called them rare partly cause of your reason and partly cause of the fact that I could not find them anywhere after searching for ages, and also cause I saw others claiming them as rare! But those prices seem to be really good for these guys!

If I were you I would get them because that price is really great for MIB ponies, and just because they’re really pretty!  ^.^
Hello! :D

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 01:46:08 AM »
Well for that particular set, they are very difficult to find. Particularly Sea Swirl and Sapphire Joy
 The Pearly's  distribution as a whole is so awful. Even now they hardly ever pop up. I've only ever seen Cherry Berry, Applejack and Meadow Flower semi-consistently and even then, there were only one or two of them between long stretches of nothing.

From easiest to hardest:
Cherry Berry
Meadow Flower
Pretzel
Applejack
Rainbowdash
Nurse Redhead
Pinkie Pie
Coloratura
Fluttershy
Starlight Glimmer
Sapphire Joy
Sea Swirl

So you did get the rarest of the set.. The dolphin pony is the only one I've not seen in person.

Aaa, thank you for letting me know that! I might get Sapphire Joy now also just in case. I want to possibly buy all of them there (since there are two of each) so I could take two out and leave two MIB, but that would come to around $24ish. I looked on eBay and they seem to be going for normal amounts (anywhere from $4-$14) but maybe they'll be rarer in the future? :D

Haha thanks for calling me out XD

But I made a review on these guys and called them rare partly cause of your reason and partly cause of the fact that I could not find them anywhere after searching for ages, and also cause I saw others claiming them as rare! But those prices seem to be really good for these guys!

If I were you I would get them because that price is really great for MIB ponies, and just because they’re really pretty!  ^.^

I feel so embarrassed! I didn't mean any ill-will with what I said  :blush:
But yeah, they are really pretty. It's just a shame about their hair being so low quality  :(

Mimic drawn by me~

Offline MidnightRarity

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • G4 Collector!
    • View Profile
    • Midnight Rarity YT
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 06:46:57 AM »
Hey don’t feel embarrassed at all, I honestly found it funny since you spoke some truth & I know you meant no harm!!  :lol:

Also I know right!! I have some and their hair is too hard to work with it’s actually a bit frustrating since their body plastic is so gorgeous!!
Hello! :D

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 06:57:34 AM »
Wave 3 pearly ponies were the last set of ponies to be released before the G4.5  reboot poses started. I think this adds another factor to why their distrubution is so terrible. I’ve only found them at Big Lots. Nurse Redheart is always a Walgreen’s exclusive pony.

Ponyfan

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 07:01:58 AM »
It seems to vary with the hair. We have had  8 of this set. All their hair is thick and soft, but manageability and oiliness is a different story. In our experience:

Cherry Berry-has thick hair, easy to manage. No whatever that oily ick is.
Pretzel has soft, hard to manage hair. No oily ick.
Princess Twilight Sparkle has thick hair. Oily, needed washing.
Traded Rainbowdash MoC so we don't know what her hair was like.
Coloratura has hard to manage hair. A bit slippery.
Starlight Glimmer has thick, soft manageable  hair. A bit oily, had to wash.
Sapphire Joy has thick hair, very hard to manage.
Meadow Flower's hair is a mess in terms of manageability. Slippery but not oily.

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2018, 07:14:31 AM »

From easiest to hardest:
Cherry Berry
Meadow Flower
Pretzel
Applejack
Rainbowdash
Nurse Redhead
Pinkie Pie
Coloratura
Fluttershy
Starlight Glimmer
Sapphire Joy
Sea Swirl

Actually, I have had a different experience with the pearlies. This would be the order for me, most seen to least:
Pinkie Pie (Currently available for cheap from hasbrotoystore eBay shop)
Rainbow Dash
Cherry Berry
Meadow Flower
Applejack
Seaswirl
Starlight Glimmer
Pretzel
Nurse Redheart
Sapphire Joy
Coloratura

I had a hard time finding Coloratura. She has been $10 at the least, not including shipping. My local Walmart still has RD, TS, CB and MF on their shelves as singles. Another local department store has the promo packs with RD and TS, but only with CB.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2018, 07:56:30 AM »

From easiest to hardest:
Cherry Berry
Meadow Flower
Pretzel
Applejack
Rainbowdash
Nurse Redhead
Pinkie Pie
Coloratura
Fluttershy
Starlight Glimmer
Sapphire Joy
Sea Swirl

Actually, I have had a different experience with the pearlies. This would be the order for me, most seen to least:
Pinkie Pie (Currently available for cheap from hasbrotoystore eBay shop)
Rainbow Dash
Cherry Berry
Meadow Flower
Applejack
Seaswirl
Starlight Glimmer
Pretzel
Nurse Redheart
Sapphire Joy
Coloratura

I had a hard time finding Coloratura. She has been $10 at the least, not including shipping. My local Walmart still has RD, TS, CB and MF on their shelves as singles. Another local department store has the promo packs with RD and TS, but only with CB.

Yeah I'm sure it'll be a little different everywhere.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2018, 08:56:00 AM »
To add an overseas perspective, the third wave are definitely 'super rare' here. They appeared for one week, maybe 2, around last Christmas, in a handful of stores that I know of. I was lucky enough to pick them up by coincidence, but when I went back, they were all gone and I have never seen them since. I know that even when my Smyths had a shelf-full of them, other people in the UK didn't get them, so it wasn't universal distribution. I don't know how many parts of the country got them or how sporadic it was.

On the flip from that, all the others were easy enough to lay hands on and Coloratura's wave is still available in Entertainer, including Coloratura herself. I was able to get a second one MOC on discount (because I'm sure my loose one has faded from being out on display).

So from easiest to hardest over here:

Wave 1 Mane 6 and Starlight Glimmer (still available in numbers in Entertainer)
Coloratura (because only 1 per box but still available so still more common)
Wave 2 Mane 6 (not as common as Wave 1 but still stuck around. Mostly in TRU, also in Entertainer and Smyths
Cherry Berry and Pretzel (most easy to get from TRU but now closed, limited distribution in other places)
Wave 3 (entirety) - only saw in Smyths in London on one random visit last winter.
Redheart (not sold in the UK due to Walgreens exclusive)

I had to import Redheart and my sister got me the Wave 3 loose ones from China for my birthday last year as we didn't think  they were coming here. I only ever saw Applejack on that one trip when wave 3 were in plentiful supply in Smyths.

BUT I don't rule out more appearing because we get stuff at weird times in weird orders.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2018, 01:49:35 PM »
Cherry Berry, Pretzel, Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle were the easiest for me to find as most of my local Walmart stores overstocked the 2 packs and the bonus pony was usually Cherry Berry but everyone once in a while I found one with Pretzel as the bonus pony.  I was lucky to find Coloratura pretty easily (I think I checked 2 stores)

Wave 3 I've only found at Big Lots (after I bought a set here) and they are hidden behind some of the ribbon hair G4s. They still had quite a few last time I was there. :)

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal