Pony Talk > Off Topic

Any put their collections on floating shelves?

(1/3) > >>

banditpony:
I'm losing my built in shelves that I keep 80% of ALL of my collections on... so I'm looking for a new solution.

I know most people with collections do wall-to-wall shelves (like billy cabinets), or big cabinets...

but does anyone use floating shelves for their collections? If so, can you share pictures?  ^.^ And it's not limited to just ponies. Dolls, plants, books, etc...

I'm thinking about mix and matching my collections together.

AND -- are there any suggestions for where to get them? The first thing that comes to mind is Ikea lack... but I like the look of natural wood ones too.

TheBeatlesPkmnFan42:
Me! I've been rearranging things on my wall and I've been putting some hanging shelves from Lowe's up to give myself more space for my collections. Just using what I had before wasn't cutting it anymore.

Images are in the spoiler tag!

SpoilerHere's the floating shelf my mom thrifted for me, that I use for some G4.5 stuff:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here's a floating shelf that I use for my McDonald's Furbys:

And another I use for my Burger King Furbys (I made this coat rack/shelf back in high school):

Lastly, here are the floating shelves from Lowe's that I've been buying, I plan on getting more these next couple weeks:

zombienixon:
I've got floating shelves for my plushies, but that's it.

NovelNerd:
I mostly collect books and they go on Wall shelves. I used to use floating ones for my model horse collection till we had an earth quake and they all came crashing down. I would just make sure whatever you pick to have really good support systems.

tikibirds:
When I was in college, we had shelves similar to what stores use where there were 2 brackets screwed into the wall. we could put the shelves into whatever brackets we wanted. I have looked for them here but I have only ever seen them for sale in Alaska. I would love to get rid of the dark, fake wood bookshelves and replace it with these shelves but I can't find them.

Alaska gets earthquakes all the time and since they were bolted to the wall, the shelves didn't budge but my some of the stuff did fall down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version